Monthly Conquest

Starslayer
2419 posts Member
edited March 2021
Dear CG,

How do you plan to integrate conquest in the monthly calendar ? Is Conquest first 2 weeks and TBs last 2 weeks an option ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They dont have a full schedule nailed down just yet, but in the past I believe they have said that individual and guild content dont really play a roll on each other, as they have to play well within thier own group.
  • Options
    Any chance we can talk them into twice a month? Lol
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Dear CG,

How do you plan to integrate conquest in the monthly calendar ?

Conquest starts the 1st of the month and goes for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »
    Dear CG,

Yep, but I wonder how it will fit with all the other events. We now have a lot of non-daily content: Raids, Assault Battles, GAC, TB, TW, GC, Conquest. All those are time consuming, and don't misunderstand me, lots of content is a good thing imo, and I will welcome even more. However, it calls for some scheduling to avoid to jam pack some days with events, which might cause some players to not engage content because it takes too long (or cause frustration) and have others not much to do days, which may cause boredom.

As TBs are 2x6 days and Conquest 14 days, seemed an valid option (and easily achievable) to not overlap them.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Dear CG,

Yep, but I wonder how it will fit with all the other events. We now have a lot of non-daily content: Raids, Assault Battles, GAC, TB, TW, GC, Conquest. All those are time consuming, and don't misunderstand me, lots of content is a good thing imo, and I will welcome even more. However, it calls for some scheduling to avoid to jam pack some days with events, which might cause some players to not engage content because it takes too long (or cause frustration) and have others not much to do days, which may cause boredom.

As TBs are 2x6 days and Conquest 14 days, seemed an valid option (and easily achievable) to not overlap them.

While I do agree with the sentiment, TBs and TWs alternate so there would still be conflicting days (such as you expressed) whichever way they decide to schedule Conquest.

I wouldn’t mind seeing GAC go down to just 2 weeks on the off times of Conquest, but this seems a difficult ask for a revamp of the GAC event schedule and structure (not to mention many players enjoy GAC quite a bit more than I do and could be upset by such a change).
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Conquest doesn't take a ton of time. It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Any chance we can talk them into twice a month? Lol

Sure - for 50% rewards : CG
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Dear CG,

I get what you're saying here, but I don't think Conquest takes all that much time. You get 8 bites at the apple a day with naturally occurring energy and stamina rewards you for spacing them throughout the day.

That said, we're approaching critical mass where there's not enough time for everything, but we're not there yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Dear CG,

I get what you're saying here, but I don't think Conquest takes all that much time. You get 8 bites at the apple a day with naturally occurring energy and stamina rewards you for spacing them throughout the day.

That said, we're approaching critical mass where there's not enough time for everything, but we're not there yet.

Time for crancor sim.
  • Options
    Yeah... let's hope this monthly thing doesn't last long enough

Twice a month is perfect
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dear CG,

As we approach that point, as they have said, they will balance things out.

People have pointed to the messaging of "holistically phasing things to sim" and asked for things to be made simmable, but we have not been really as close to that point as we are now.

All in all I believe they are more likely to phase things to sim, over trying to manage the monthly calendar in any sort of focused way, especially between guild and solo events.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dear CG,

As we approach that point, as they have said, they will balance things out.

People have pointed to the messaging of "holistically phasing things to sim" and asked for things to be made simmable, but we have not been really as close to that point as we are now.

All in all I believe they are more likely to phase things to sim, over trying to manage the monthly calendar in any sort of focused way, especially between guild and solo events.

Assault battles simmable and having something else during the other 2 weeks would be awesome ;)
  • Options
    Once a month seems fine for Conquest. Many people enjoy it, some don't like it. I think the dividing line is if you run one account or multiple.

Ideally, I'd like to see:

Conquest week one line up with GAC dead week, like we have right now. I don't think the timeframes work out here, but it would be ideal for time consumption. GAC dead week often seems like there is too little to do in game.

Secondly, make assault battles auto complete like Galactic Challenges. I know sim is a thing, but it would still be a fair QoL update to just save us from pressing auto and setting our device down.
  • Options
    I’m still baffled over people complaining about this game getting «too much» to do. Don’t play games if you don’t have time or desire to actually play.
  • Options
    Once a month seems fine for Conquest. Many people enjoy it, some don't like it. I think the dividing line is if you run one account or multiple.

Ideally, I'd like to see:

Conquest week one line up with GAC dead week, like we have right now. I don't think the timeframes work out here, but it would be ideal for time consumption. GAC dead week often seems like there is too little to do in game.

Secondly, make assault battles auto complete like Galactic Challenges. I know sim is a thing, but it would still be a fair QoL update to just save us from pressing auto and setting our device down.

Wrong, twice a month and we've a deal
  • Options
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    I’m still baffled over people complaining about this game getting «too much» to do. Don’t play games if you don’t have time or desire to actually play.

Personally, I think CG is a little slow in making old events simmable. There’s really no reason we still have to manually play HSTR. And old tiers on assault battles (really even new ones since those can take up to 30 minutes a piece). Capital ship events, the cargo ship battle, etc.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    HandSolo93 wrote: »

Is it OK if I spend three hours a day playing but don't want to spend four? Six? Eight? Would you play twenty hours a day?

The more we have to do each day the more your post falls apart.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Except when make into a new game mode requiring hundreds of extra battles
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Except when make into a new game mode requiring hundreds of extra battles

Over two weeks, so yeah.

And you can do 8 battles a day with no refreshes. So 8x14=112. Hundred, not hundreds.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    So 8x14=112. Hundred, not hundreds.

ummmm acttttuuuallllly 1.12 x 100 would be read 1.12 hundreds, so any number over 100 is still said to be hundreds, at least in the literal/technical sense.

LxbJyb.gif

• TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    k
  • Options
    Just to chime in: I think it’s worthwhile to note that conquest isn’t exactly an “engagement” mode. Meaning it isn’t absolutely core to the game (and arguably, that’s what makes it great)... it’s something to do in the game and if you want to go in for a few battles- go in for a few battles. I vastly prefer it to the Galactic Challenges largely because of the lack of “hey, farm this squad you don’t need while we don’t up the GAC caps.”

I wouldn’t mind a faster recharge rate for stamina and energy along with a 7 day duration that would go every other week.
  • Bunk
    6 posts Member
    Options
    So, thank you for creating a fun game mode (I’d rather just have expanded GAC with guild/friend play, less 3v3 but more weird stuff like 6v6, but that’s neither here nor there), but once a month is just not going to cut it. We’ve seen that it can be full-cleared in a day, and we’ve seen that the cadence can be twice a month (it’s literally happening right now). It needs to be twice a month, and anything less is just another slap in the face.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    sLAp iN tHE faCE
  • Options
    Anyone know if the feats are going to alternate or if they are set? It’d be a real shame to keep the same exact ones over and over I think =\