How did CG prank HODA players?

xJazzx
808 posts Member
edited April 2016
Heard they got a history of pranking players. Anyone got a clue what they did last year?
Post edited by xJazzx on

Replies

• Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Last year they had a big one day event where the April Fools character could be gained in random packs awarded in the event ladder and used with +10,000% Power/Health in the arena. You had this mad scramble of people trying to level a full team of weird new characters and find the best balance between common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary Rams (They all had different group wide abilities).

It was fun. I'll be checking what they did today too...
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Last year they had a big one day event where the April Fools character could be gained in random packs awarded in the event ladder and used with +10,000% Power/Health in the arena. You had this mad scramble of people trying to level a full team of weird new characters and find the best balance between common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary Rams (They all had different group wide abilities).

It was fun. I'll be checking what they did today too...

Thanks for the input. Looks like we will get some prank today.
  • Options
    I remember the time when EA decided to increase the energy refill cost from 3 to 11. What a day that was.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Blackbriar wrote: »
    I remember the time when EA decided to increase the energy refill cost from 3 to 11. What a day that was.

@Blackbriar can you elaborate?
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options

Or when they were testing new accounts with 5 and 7 refreshes?
    xJazzx wrote: »

They raised the refill cost for energy from 6 battles for 3 crystals to 6 battles for 11. That's like having our 50-50-100-100-100-100 go to 200-200-400-400-400-400.

Eventually they gave better rewards, but it seriously angered the player base.
  • Courier
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Zemyn, you forgot to mention that 50% playerbase got more than one legendary 'rams' and the other half dont get even one. And oh, they are seriously OP for 2-3 weeks, before they slightly nerf it.
  • Blackbriar
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I played from the very start and in the middle they decided to increase the normal energy refill from 3 crystals to 11 crystals. Thank God they didn't do the same for the Arena Energy. It was very fun when the refill was 3 crystals, because when there's an event, you can spend more time farming legendary characters. Ever since they increased the refill, I stopped buying crystals and eventually stopped playing the game.
  • Blackbriar
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@xJazzx I played from the very start and in the middle they decided to increase the normal energy refill from 3 crystals to 11 crystals. Thank God they didn't do the same for the Arena Energy. It was very fun when the refill was 3 crystals, because when there's an event, you can spend more time farming legendary characters. Ever since they increased the refill, I stopped buying crystals and eventually stopped playing the game.

• Options
    This year they haven't done absolutely anything for April Fools. The closest thing to a prank is today's daily reward was a common nug: the worst toon from the lowest rarity in the game. Equivalent to... I don't know... Who is the worst 1* toon in SWGOH?

Last year we had the goat event, as people have described. The prizes were packs were you could get goats. Some people got none of the highest rarity, others got lots of them and dominated pvp during a lot of time. Others started multiple secondary accounts until they got one, and then asked Customer Support to merge them with the main account. Of course, being the unluckiest player in all of hoda, I spent gems to get all the possible packs and ended up with zero legendary goats.

The year before we had a nug event. They created rare, epic and legendary nugs and did an event where nugs were boosted.

This is what a nug looks like: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/7/79/Nug.png/revision/latest?cb=20130823181728
  • Options
    Yes, still use my goat team for those creature events, lol.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    This year they haven't done absolutely anything for April Fools. The closest thing to a prank is today's daily reward was a common nug: the worst toon from the lowest rarity in the game. Equivalent to... I don't know... Who is the worst 1* toon in SWGOH?

Last year we had the goat event, as people have described. The prizes were packs were you could get goats. Some people got none of the highest rarity, others got lots of them and dominated pvp during a lot of time. Others started multiple secondary accounts until they got one, and then asked Customer Support to merge them with the main account. Of course, being the unluckiest player in all of hoda, I spent gems to get all the possible packs and ended up with zero legendary goats.

The year before we had a nug event. They created rare, epic and legendary nugs and did an event where nugs were boosted.

This is what a nug looks like: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/7/79/Nug.png/revision/latest?cb=20130823181728

I can see them putting a 7* max gear Vader in a special chromium pack for 10,000 crystals. You either have a 1% chance of pulling him, or 99% chance to get 100 credits.
  • Options

Do you remember the Red Jenny event during the holidays? I saw 600k power common nugs... mind you that with 2x Elfie Seras, 2x of said nugs and a the common corrupted spider LC. I'll **** well be holding onto mine JUST in case ;)
  • Options
    Dethedrus wrote: »

Do you remember the Red Jenny event during the holidays? I saw 600k power common nugs... mind you that with 2x Elfie Seras, 2x of said nugs and a the common corrupted spider LC. I'll **** well be holding onto mine JUST in case ;)

Lol. You do know you can get hundreds of them for almost no gold, right? It's called "recruit packs". You're talking about a single event where the boost to their power was like 6000%, plus 2xSelfies who also boosted them (and every other common toon, by the way). In that event, my common goats were also getting insane numbers. I won't keep it, because if I ever want two for another similar event, I can get 8 in recruit packs with no effort.
  • Options
    Lol. You do know you can get hundreds of them for almost no gold, right? It's called "recruit packs". You're talking about a single event where the boost to their power was like 6000%, plus 2xSelfies who also boosted them (and every other common toon, by the way). In that event, my common goats were also getting insane numbers. I won't keep it, because if I ever want two for another similar event, I can get 8 in recruit packs with no effort.

I've been playing it since the dawn of time, so yes I'm quite aware of how easy they are to get ;)

I'm just saying that even though it's an ostensibly worthless toon, I'll be hanging onto it. And even though common goats were pretty tough, the nugs has 600k power and 2m+ health. They were hardcore tanks for this event... far more so than the goats.
  • Options

Wasn't EA
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Dethedrus wrote: »

You can get a common nug from the cheapest pack easy.

IGN: Malmsteen's Comet