Starting to seem like its not April fools...

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
So, i was one of those people that dismissed this gear update as an April fools, more that I wanted that then believed it.

However, now that is has reached 10am West Coast and 1pm East coast (now April 2nd in Japan), im slowly falling into a pit of reality that this was meant to be a fixed update.

Bringing the cap up early is one thing, but making it so that when i reach 72/74/76 i cant apply gear, thats just cruel.

Please, somebody persuade me im wrong.
{RotE}

Replies

• Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    They'll probably announce it around 5-6 pm PST and retract the added gear.
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It has to be, right? 5 days for 1 skill. That's just Too much grind
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    They'll probably announce it around 5-6 pm PST and retract the added gear.

This is my guess as well.

And my hope
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    It's been live for too long, im losing faith...
    {RotE}
  • Options
    As a West Coaster, these guys are probably just now rolling into the office... Wouldn't expect anything to change until around normal update time... 2-3 PT
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think the gear is a joke.

- no where to farm
    - No stats for it
    - Mark IX datapad is orange in gear challenge, mark X datapad is purple

I see no reason that the Omega Mat is a joke though. If level 8 is the last skill level it has to last 18 months.
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    Options
    So you guys think they will a fake update for april 1st while they cant even make a bug fixes?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Shanks wrote: »
    So you guys think they will a fake update for april 1st while they cant even make a bug fixes?

Not think, hope.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Yeah so no that won't be happening. The grind is very much real.
  • Options
    anyone who thinks this is an april fools joke is seriously delusional

I wish it was because this was the worst thing they could of done to this game, but its not

• Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options

I don't think this update required that much work. Also, the whole update may not be a joke but the added 50 unobtainable gear pieces likely is. And from what I've heard, CG has done some pretty elaborate April fool's jokes in the past with their other games.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

+10000

lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    No way is it a joke. How will they be announcing it? Having that Twi'lek chick appear on people's phones with an April Fool's sign? I wouldn't have even noticed it if people here didn't bring it up.
  • Darth_Keith
    190 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I thought the April Fool's joke was putting the Resistance Trooper in our daily login rewards.
  • Options
    The idea that they would spend time and resources on a joke when there is so much to fix in game is pretty frightening. I really doubt this is a joke. Instead, it seems much more likely an attempt to keep us busy while they work on the game. Why they would release only half the update when it clearly isn't ready is just confusing. (Not that confusing... $$$) Most people were happy with the current level cap, and would have preferred to wait the 2 weeks or whatever until all of the changes were ready to allow people to actually play the content.

Also, an April Fools Joke would be cute and fun if they had a great relationship with the community. Can we really say that is the case here? As it is the community manager only seems to pop out from time to time to give updates and then run when the ensuing angry mob shows up. I'm not saying I blame him, but when people are begging for answers and responses to questions and suggestions, just coming on to post a false update note would seem counterproductive.
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I thought the April Fool's joke was putting the Resistance Trooper in our daily login rewards.

How is that an April fools joke
  • Options
    "You thought we were serious about continuing to work on this game? April Fools!"
    *shuts down game servers*
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    Options
    "You thought we were serious about continuing to work on this game? April Fools!"
    *shuts down game servers*

Now thats a prank we wont see coming :tongue:
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options

I wish it was because this was the worst thing they could of done to this game, but its not

seriously ... how naive are they lol.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

seriously ... how naive are they lol.

Definitely worth noting we don't think it is a joke, we want it to be though... Tick tock
    {RotE}
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Decided to throw in a full resistance team on my 12th GW node today with a poe lead. Poe/Rey/Rp are all maxed level/Gear, Rey/Rp are 7*, Poe is 6*, Finn is lvl 62 5*.... and my RT he's only lvl 60 barely G4 and ability 3s..... With Poe exposing everyone, RT got an extra turn there, RP exposed, as did finn. This lowbie RT had 3 turns before RP/Finn had 2.

As for this update being a joke... Some people probably dropped money to farm up the gear and craft before the update... it would be a horrible april fools when money is involved.
  • Options
    Meow
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It has to be, right? 5 days for 1 skill. That's just Too much grind

That isn't what anyone is talking about. The 5 gold ability mats are a good thing. I personally have a lot of characters that need purple mats to upgrade their skills to 7. My top 8-10 are maxed for the most part but I would like to be able to continue to expand my roster without having to decide whether or not to hoard purple mats for my "A" team.

Now, the +50 gears is what everyone is referring to and I doubt it was a prank.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    There will be a community announcement today, so maybe we'll here about something April Fools-y then?
  • Options
    If it is an april fool then the guys over at CG have far more chutzpah than i've been willing to grant them up until now.
  • Options
    April fools joke: " today's community announcement is....... JK! There is no announcement!!!"
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    SKELETON_zpsbmabrulp.jpg

spoiler alert, they arent going to