Do you actually enjoy Galactic Challenges?

Prev1
KorAgaz
105 posts Member
edited April 2021
After spending another frustrating hour trying to get a T5 crate in a GC, I was wondering: do I enjoy it?

The answer: definitely no. Why do I do it then? Why spend my free time punishing myself? The rewards, was the answer. Can't get those mod mats anywhere else.

Amongst multiple feats locked behind one faction (eg Mandalorians), terrible combinations of modifiers (damage reflect and stats nerf for the player), feats that pretty much require specific characters (the "Malak" feat of Sith healing)... I can definitely say Galactic "Challenges" are very frustrating (even trying for lower tiers) and I am really disappointed in seeing them staying. I would much prefer to have two Conquests per month and add Challenges rewards there.

What about you? Do you ENJOY the Galactic Challenges?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Personally, yes. I believe that has more to do with my acceptance of the situation, either I can do it or I cant.

If I have the time I will make extra runs on one I am not maxed out on, but if its in any way frustrating, I take what i can and move on, which has been the second to last crate in most cases.
  • Options
    I do enjoy them often, with the caveat that I have a very large account. Some of the GCs lately have been trivial and I finish in 5 minutes, those aren't fun, but I find myself going back to re-do some of the harder ones like the recent Mandalorian vs NS one to refine strategy and see if it was just an RNG win.

So, if I find myself replaying fights with no reward then I must find it fun?

• Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    I find it fun to try to create ways to get the highest box I can. I’ll even replay some of them, just for fun
  • Options
    Once I realised the answer to almost any feat is Malak, they are pretty boring.
  • Options
    No, it so boring I dread everytime a new one starts. Wish there was another way to get the slicing mat. Just let us use some currency in the store to get it or create another few nodes to farm in mod battles. Hopefully the new regime can fix it.
  • Options
    Can’t think of anything more than un-fun than “steadfast retribution”, well.. except combine that with 30 critical hit (without dying)
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    I like some, dislike others. Usually just do what I can when they first open. Seldom do I really work on trying for the top rewards. Having just finished farming about a million kyros for SLKR, I can honetly say that GC's are not the most annoying thing in the game.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    I hate it. I auto everything and rush through it. Settle with 2nd best crate and try not waste any time on it
  • Options
    I generally do enjoy them, at least in theory, the lack of real time feat info (a visible counter) really bums me out though
  • Options
    no. not even the ones I can beat easily are enjoyable. I completely skipped the GR one bc I don't find the rewards worth my effort at all and the same is holding true for this imp troopers one. Game seems to be giving me less and less reason to play it these days.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Way better than gac. I like rewards for minimal effort, and the ones that have final prize box are out of reach are ok too.

One thing that’s bad imo is there should be a way to get max reward box without completing absolutely everything. Iirc sometimes it’s like that but not others
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I enjoy it. I came to terms with the fact that a player like me will not be anywhere near maxing rewards a long time ago. If I take the time to explore my limited options and work with what I have, I enjoy it. I may only get box 3 or 4, but the tricks like using Nihilus for the Dathomir ones to prevent revives or using geos on Kamino because the brute doesn’t have terrible stats like everyone else make it fun.
    3v3 FTW
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Yes. Way better than gac. I like rewards for minimal effort, and the ones that have final prize box are out of reach are ok too.

One thing that’s bad imo is there should be a way to get max reward box without completing absolutely everything. Iirc sometimes it’s like that but not others

It's always the same, you can "not do" 1 3 point feat on the last tier, and do it on the second to last tier.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Theorycrafting.
    Slicing mats.
    A place to experiment with squad comps.
    I enjoy them.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It's always the same, you can "not do" 1 3 point feat on the last tier, and do it on the second to last tier.

I don't think this is correct, I'm pretty sure some of these award the red box by completing three feats at T7 and one feat at T6.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I don't think this is correct, I'm pretty sure some of these award the red box by completing three feats at T7 and one feat at T6.

I think that's what he said?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I misread but is that always the case? It seems like there's slight variation. Maybe not.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I had to beat the last level with troopers to get the last box iirc

Edit: what I mean is what seems to be the hardest feat, like “use troopers,” seems to be needed for the final box.

Yes, I know some feats are easier for the people with those toons leveled, but for the most part at least the feats that seem harder for most players seems to be needed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Edit: what I mean is what seems to be the hardest feat, like “use troopers,” seems to be needed for the final box.

Yes, I know some feats are easier for the people with those toons leveled, but for the most part at least the feats that seem harder for most players seems to be needed.

sr9babh1h1pf.jpg

I only beat t4 with troopers. Beating 6 would give me the 12 I'm missing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. Alright then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

That is what I'm saying but the one you do at T6, has to be a 3 point feat, not a 6 point feat.

This is why you have to be able to do the faction specific one (a 6 point feat) at T7 to get the highest box.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

sr9babh1h1pf.jpg

I only beat t4 with troopers. Beating 6 would give me the 12 I'm missing.

No it would only give you 11. 5 on T5 and 6 on T6.
  • Options
    Yes. It's the ONLY thing I enjoy in this game anymore. Got sick of the ever increasing ridiculous requirements for the new modes and new characters I have no hope of getting so went to play DC Legends instead. It's my fun game now. Only keep logging in most days here to sim things & auto events & deploy in TBs etc. However when these appeared I actually enjoy them. I can usually get to box 6 (90) though there's maybe 1 where its 5. It's a good fun challenge for the most part & something I can do for myself not requiring an alliance. It is ludicrous that the "relic" that was intended to use unwanted piles of gear is now just another grind to upgrade characters up the wazoo before u can attempt to get any of the new characters like General Skywalker & Jedi Luke. That was the last straw to push me away from this game & were it not for the years of time & real (too much) money spent on it in the past I would probably have given it the flick ages ago. But I digress. This is much better than the Galactic conquests that I have done a few times when time permits, but that I could take or leave. I don't even understand the last normal node of how you're meant to get 12 stars from Padme.
  • Options
    Yes. I’ve accepted that I won’t do extremely well in modes such as those for a while, so developing strategies with what I have to get the last few credits to a higher box? I like it.
  • Options
    I enjoy it some of the time, but when the feats are downright absurd or next to impossible, not so much.

The worst part is when you can't tell how well you are doing on a particular feat. I have often taken hours to sift through character abilities to find tge half a dozen charaters that apply offense up, or Damage over time, tried sevetal combination squads on several leels an still don't get it.

There have been a few times when a feat counter appeared that showed I was making progress, but it usually doesn't work very well--too inconsistent. And often the number of times you have to accomplish is ridiculously high. If you try the higher tier, you die before you can do it. If you try the lower tier you win too quickly. I find my self putting in weaker characters. Wastes too much time.
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy it all. Feels like a complete waste of time for pretty bad rewards. I usually can't be bothered to do it and just leave it there without touching it. Many times the feats require a lot of time investment in order to maximize the reward you can get, and even then, the highest reward you can achieve isn't worth that amount of time.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Slicing mats B)