Agen Kolar Kit Idea

Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited April 2021
Here is the kit idea for Agen Kolar:

vsl7b0odqm61.jpg

Unit Name: Agen Kolar
Tags: Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Jedi Council
Description: Aggressive Jedi Attacker that strikes enemies with a variety of debuffs.
Archetype: Strength (STR)

Basic: Aggressive Swing (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, then gain Offense Up for 2 turns.
Animation: Agen Kolar charges at target enemy and strikes them with his lightsaber.
Special: Force Blast (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict Ability Block and Stagger on them for 2 turns. This attack cannot be evaded or countered.
Animation: Agen Kolar blasts the enemy team with the Force.
Special: Striking First (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove 20% Turn Meter. Inflict Speed Down and Tenacity Down on target enemy for 2 turns, then all Jedi allies gain 30% Turn Meter.
Animation: Agen Kolar charges forward, then strikes target enemy twice.
Unique: Zabrak Jedi Master (Zeta):
Agen Kolar has +10% Potency and +5% Defense Penetration for each Jedi ally. Whenever a Jedi resists a detrimental effect, they recover 5% of their Max Health. Whenever an enemy resists a detrimental effect, they lose 5% Turn Meter and are inflicted with Healing Immunity for 1 turn. These effects cannot be prevented or resisted.
-Zeta: Jedi also gain Defense Up for 1 turn in addition to the 5% Max Health. Enemies also dispel all buffs on themselves in addition to the Turn Meter loss and Healing Immunity.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Any feedback?

• Options
    Amazing!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Amazing!

Thank you. I felt that the Jedi needed someone to debuff, not just JKA.

• Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Amazing!

What gmy and potency down on basic and stun on special. What about JKR with buff immunity, mark, and stun on special. What about Bastila Shan with ability block, stun, and buff immunity. What about Eeth Koth with stun and ability block. What about Jedi Knight Gaurdian and ability block. What about JKR with Stun and blind. What about jml with buff immunity, daze, and ability block. What about Juhani with stun. What about offense down with kanan. What about Luminara with ability block. What about old ben with evasion down, offense down, and ability block.
    I like the kit though
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Amazing!

What gmy and potency down on basic and stun on special. What about JKR with buff immunity, mark, and stun on special. What about Bastila Shan with ability block, stun, and buff immunity. What about Eeth Koth with stun and ability block. What about Jedi Knight Gaurdian and ability block. What about JKR with Stun and blind. What about jml with buff immunity, daze, and ability block. What about Juhani with stun. What about offense down with kanan. What about Luminara with ability block. What about old ben with evasion down, offense down, and ability block.
    I like the kit though

He probably meant Galactic Republic Jedi

Still, there are debuffs
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Amazing!

I like the kit though

I did mean Galactic Republic Jedi. While I understand there are some, I wanted debuffs to be a major part of this kit.

• Options
    Overall it's a good kit idea. But there are 2 mayor problems with it.
    The first @Sebek already pointed out: The Healing Immunity and Turn meter removal from his unique can be resisted (and evaded). This not only makes no sense from a design perspective, but also from a practical one. After all, they trigger when a debuff is resisted, and Healing Immunity is a debuff. So an enemy with High Tenacity or Tenacity Up will resist is, which triggers it again, which resists it again, and again, and again...etc. Which could very easily lock the game, if it doesn't outright crash from it.
    The second is the archetype: Strength Attacker. Now this isn't a problem by itself, but it becomes one because both special abilities deal special damage. Strength based characters usually have a lot of health and physical offence, but very low specials offence in return. So you essentially say his basic will hit like a truck while both his specials hit like wet noodles, making them barely worth using. I suggest Either an Agility archetype, or you make all abilities deal physical damage (like they did with GAS).
    Overall a good kit idea thou. Nice job.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall it's a good kit idea. But there are 2 mayor problems with it.
    The first @Sebek already pointed out: The Healing Immunity and Turn meter removal from his unique can be resisted (and evaded). This not only makes no sense from a design perspective, but also from a practical one. After all, they trigger when a debuff is resisted, and Healing Immunity is a debuff. So an enemy with High Tenacity or Tenacity Up will resist is, which triggers it again, which resists it again, and again, and again...etc. Which could very easily lock the game, if it doesn't outright crash from it.
    The second is the archetype: Strength Attacker. Now this isn't a problem by itself, but it becomes one because both special abilities deal special damage. Strength based characters usually have a lot of health and physical offence, but very low specials offence in return. So you essentially say his basic will hit like a truck while both his specials hit like wet noodles, making them barely worth using. I suggest Either an Agility archetype, or you make all abilities deal physical damage (like they did with GAS).
    Overall a good kit idea thou. Nice job.

I will fix both those things. Thank you for pointing that out. Healing Immunity will now be unable to be resisted.