Shadow Guard - Kit Concept

Anakin_Nakamura
20 posts Member
edited April 2021
My first kit concept. While I do think that the Royal Guard in the game is an already good character for the Empire, I honestly would've loved if they added a character that has more synergy specifically with Emperor Palpatine. So I thought of a concept regarding the Shadow Guards, who in Star Wars Legends are closely associated with Emperor Palpatine as his guards (obviously) and were trained by Darth Vader himself.

They also had a great level of command within the Imperial Military, hence the bonus provided to Imperial Troopers, similar to what Imperial Troopers already in the game provide to each other in their Unique traits. I also didn't really feel the need to add the "Imperial Trooper" tag, since they're not directly Stormtroopers.

I also acknowledge that there might be a little confusion when you read "Empire Sith", as I didn't want to simply put "Sith Empire" since that's already a tag in the game associated with Darth Revan. I meant it to apply to Empire leaders who also have the Sith tag; that being EP and Vader.
tnwj0wcl4co5.jpg

Name: Shadow Guard

Tags: Dark Side, Attacker, Empire

Deadly Empire Attacker that exploits Shock, defends and synergizes with Empire Sith Leaders.

Basic: Lightsaber Pike (Omega)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target is Shocked, deal bonus damage equal to 20% of the allied Empire Sith Leader's Max Potency.

Their animation would be that they perform two slashes to their target, similar to Darth Maul.

Special: Jedi Hunter (Cooldown 3 turns; Omega)
Deal Special damage to all enemies. Shocked and Rebel enemies take more damage. This attack deals 30% more damage to Jedi enemies, doubled if Darth Vader is the allied Leader and tripled if Emperor Palpatine is the allied Leader.

Their animation would be sending a small Force Lightning attack to all enemies, similar to Bastila Shan (Fallen) with her "Wild Lightning" Special Ability.

Unique: Emperor's Shadow Guard (Zeta)
Whenever Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader are damaged by an enemy, Shadow Guard has a 50% (75% for Rebels and Jedi) chance to counter their attacker, and a 20% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter.

While Shadow Guard is active, Rebels and Jedi deal 40% less damage against Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader.

Unique: Shadow Command (Omega)
Shadow Guard has +5% Offense for each Imperial Trooper ally present at the start of Battle, doubled if Darth Vader is an ally.

While Shadow Guard is active, Imperial Trooper allies deal 20% more damage to Rebel and Jedi enemies.
Post edited by Anakin_Nakamura on

Replies

• Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Good job, but maybe make the special deal damage to all enemies, and deal more damage to Shocked and Rebel enemies

That would probably require me to rename it as well.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Nice kit, but I know what some people will point out, so I will just point it out first:
    Shadow Guard cannot inflict Shock. I understand that it is supposed to synergize with EP, so that's why there are nothing in the kit that inflicts Shock.
    Also, I agree with Sebek, and you should fix the special to add that. Otherwise, I have no other issues, and great work creating the kit.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Nice kit, but I know what some people will point out, so I will just point it out first:
    Shadow Guard cannot inflict Shock. I understand that it is supposed to synergize with EP, so that's why there are nothing in the kit that inflicts Shock.
    Also, I agree with Sebek, and you should fix the special to add that. Otherwise, I have no other issues, and great work creating the kit.

I understand 100% with your point. I also was gonna add a second special where he does, since they are also able to use Force powers in Star Wars Legends. As for the special, I'll edit that in now.
  • Options
    Good job, but maybe make the special deal damage to all enemies, and deal more damage to Shocked and Rebel enemies

It's still would deal more damage to Jedi, so the name still applies i think

How is that?
  • Options

How is that?

Cause they deal more damage to Jedi and the name is Jedi Hunters

Oof. I meant, "how is that" as in the change I made.
  • Options

How is that?

Cause they deal more damage to Jedi and the name is Jedi Hunters

Oof. I meant, "how is that" as in the change I made.

Looks good, you did really well, especially if this is the first one

Yeah, this is my first kit concept. I have ideas for some other Empire units too. Believe it or not, I originally was gonna make this a rework for the Royal Guard, but then I remembered that the Shadow Guards were a thing so this is the result.
  • Options
    It's ok