Can't beat light side JKR + Bastilla with my Empire squad

Korban
100 posts Member
edited April 2021
My Empire squad is almost maxed out: Vader, Thrawn, Palp, Fallen Bastilla, Tarkin

https://swgoh.gg/p/265587195/

This squad gets absolutely crushed by JKR+Bastilla. JKR starts their turn and the train never stops. Veders and Tarkins are abilities get resisted because of Bastillas battle meditation.

What do?

Replies

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    drop Tarkin, because he sucks even at relics and put Piett in. Gear and mod him well and you will beat them.
    and you need a lot more speed!
    Your Palp is really really slow with 171 speed.
    he should have about 240 at least. same goes fot the other toons.

they are all too slow!

speed is important against JKR. Speed is always important!
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    drop Tarkin, because he sucks even at relics and put Piett in. Gear and mod him well and you will beat them.
    and you need a lot more speed!
    Your Palp is really really slow with 171 speed.
    he should have about 240 at least. same goes fot the other toons.

they are all too slow!

speed is important against JKR. Speed is always important!

I tried going out full speed, but Bastillas "battle meditation" protection buff mitigates with "resist" first/second turn.
  • Options
    Well, from my experience, it's a bad idea to go with such an Empire team against JKR.

Vader being the fastest and opening with Force Crush (starting the imperial TM train) is rendered impossible with JKR's auto-tenacity up.

From there, you then fight an uphill battle, hoping you're lucky enough for a nicely timed AoE debuff (mostly by BSF/Vader).
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn't expect them to be able to. You have the characters to unlock Darth Revan, so I would focus on them and work on your mods so you can complete the event.

Look up some of the beginner mod guides so you can learn the basics. Learn about speed secondaries. Don't slice arrows with defense primaries to 6-dot. Vader, who has two unavoidable attacks, doesn't really need an accuracy arrow. Even if that Empire comp is known for success, I'd say your mods are 100% the reason then. Your characters are just too slow.

Again, look up some guides so you have a plan. You're a bit too top heavy. There's no reason to have r7 characters at this point in your roster development. Slow down on the relics a tad and don't take characters like Farmboy to g12. Go after the good teams.
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    LS Bastila Battle meditation have nothing to do with resists. JKR provides Tenacity Up buff for one turn as part of his leadership. And GMY also will usually go early and spread Tenacity Up.

With your squad you hardly have a chance, JKR is the bane of generic Empire teams. If you want to be successful against him on regular basis you need some toon with mass dispel, like already mentioned Piett or Darth Sion, as well as some bait for JKR (like tanky Nihilus or Traya) to be sure you you won't lose important toons right from the start.

Also your mods is really need much work as already mentioned.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

Like getting rid of primary stats as Defence/Protection etc?

It's just it's too hard to bin a perfect mod from a Mod Challenge.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Korban wrote: »

Mod shipments all the way
  • Options
    Question is

Why are you trying to take out JKR with empire team? Is not gonna work

Doing a JKR mirror match will do a lot more for you than empire

But still, you need MORE speed on your jedi, they're too slow
    And please please PLEASE, delete that accuracy arrow from Yoda lol
  • Options

Your not spending enough time/credits/crystals on mods. My character GP is only 1.7 million(I have more ships/good pilots than your do), so we're not that far apart. I go into Gac and tw with at least 4 characters at 300 plus speed. I don't know how many at 250+. Very few of my mods have came from the mod store.

And don't 6 dot mods with no speed.
  • Options
    Mod's primary stats really only matter if your comparing mods at equal speeds. Wrong primary, wrong set even is far less important then having good speed numbers. You start hitting +100 or more on characters and it feels like a whole different game.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Guys,do I get this right: every mod needs to have "+speed" stat on it?
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Mod shipments all the way

Guys, the levels of speed you are talking about are unobtainable, even with upgraded mod shipment store.
    +Speed is so rare,not to mention it costs an arm and a leg, even if you manage to stumble on it.

So are you saying it is better to break up % combos if you find a good +speed piece? (Which are still hard to find)
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    Guys,do I get this right: every mod needs to have "+speed" stat on it?

In short, yes (except arrows which should almost always have primary speed stat). And not just one speed but at least 3 speed promotions on the 5a (gold) level before considering to promote it to 6e and further. There are some exceptions but they are rare and not belong to you current top squads. Yes, collecting good mods takes long time and resources, but if you want to maintain your current arena rank and be successful in GAC/TW in long run you need to put resources in active mod farming. I'd recommend to read (or watch) some mod guides, there are plenty in the internet.
    So are you saying it is better to break up % combos if you find a good +speed piece? (Which are still hard to find)

Breaking sets is kind of extreme measure (should be taken only if getting faster than opponent is absolutely mandatory, like in Palp or DR mirror matches).
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, do you grind each mod set for every character or use the "assign loadout" feature, sothat you can swap top Mod sets when needed?
  • Options
    Guys, do you grind each mod set for every character or use the "assign loadout" feature, sothat you can swap top Mod sets when needed?
    Loadouts can be used in different ways.

In some of the hardest game modes (LS Geo TB, Challenge Pit) need specific sets on specific characters. I have loadouts for both of those that I apply when doing them. But otherwise, almost every character I use has a mod set on them that largely stays there all the time.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    You can beat jkr lead with empire, you just have to know how (it's a lot more difficult if kenobi is there, then you need DR, otherwise BSF will do)

You need palp lead (with zeta of course), vader, thrawn, bsf or DR and traya or nihilus (the last 2 are meatshield, jkr will always mark them first)

you start with MM with vader (you have to go before revan) then you do basic on everyone, it's really important that you land ability block on yoda. With thrawn you fracture yoda and with BSF you fear JKR, then you kill yoda, keep jolee ability blocked and kill revan as soon as possible (make sure revan doesn't do it's AoE by fearing or fracturing him because that will cleanse the ability block from jolee and then he can revive yoda)

It's a bit more challenging if yoda is faster then revan because then he will spread his tenacity up. But after you fracture him you can land debuffs on him, so you'll be able to kill him and the ablity block from is irresistible, so you'll also be able to land that. It will only be harder to control revan.