Three years of complaints

Stenun
851 posts Member
According to the first post in the pinned "Territory War Matchmaker" thread in this sub-forum, the last change to the Territory War matchmaker was in March 2018.
Is that right??
Three years of people posting complaint after complaint, example after example of just quite how bad it is, and there's been no change? Really?
We're currently going up against a Guild with 50% more GP than us - roughly 120M to 180M - and they have TWICE as many r7+ characters than us, four times as many 7* Darth Trayas, three times as many JKLs, twice as many Malaks, five times as many 7* General Skywalkers, and so on ...
Our guild is currently debating just not bothering.
Three years of this and no action from the Devs. Is there any point still illustrating the problems? The Devs must know by now.

And did I mention that our entire guild has 5 GLs in total whereas they have 6 GL Reys alone?

Le sigh.

Replies

• Options
    While there are many issues with matchmaking like many people you weaken your position by either intentional exaggerations of the mismatch or a considerable lack of understanding of the mechanics. Your guild is either in the 120 million to 139.9 mil bracket or if you signed less the 50 people up the 110 to 119.9 bracket.

As such your opponent is not bringing 180 mil against you. Your position will sound much more reasoned and thought out if you focus on the lack of fun of being out classed in the quality of squads available instead of a false narrative about a GP difference.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    BlackBart wrote: »
    While there are many issues with matchmaking like many people you weaken your position by either intentional exaggerations of the mismatch or a considerable lack of understanding of the mechanics. Your guild is either in the 120 million to 139.9 mil bracket or if you signed less the 50 people up the 110 to 119.9 bracket.

As such your opponent is not bringing 180 mil against you. Your position will sound much more reasoned and thought out if you focus on the lack of fun of being out classed in the quality of squads available instead of a false narrative about a GP difference.

Those stats were approximations because I didn't see the point of getting in to a discussion about the minutiae but rather to give a general impression of the specific issue. But I see my mistake in using a generalisation because all you've done is try to discredit that part while ignoring all the specifics of what I said about guild rosters.
    Lesson learned. I'll be more meticulously precise next time.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    ... you didn't even respond to my point about three years of complaints.

But as I say, lesson learned. Forensic exactitude next time.
  • Options
    There’s no need to respond to it. The matchmaking has a serious flaw that needs addressed, but 3 years later we seem no closer to them acknowledging it, let alone fixing it.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    but 3 years later we seem no closer to them acknowledging it, let alone fixing it.

Yep, that's the problem.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Good chat
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Good chat

or was it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    My point was that your positions would be more likely to be taken at face value if you stated them in a clear, precise and accurate way. Developers are bombarded with thousands of complaints that are poorly written, thought out or flatly incorrect because of a failure to understand the underlying mechanics.

To make yours stand out from the crowd it helps if you sound like somebody who has put thought into the issue and not just saying "I lost and now I'm mad, whaw".

If you want my thoughts on the problem (although I know you don't) it would be that I would like to see the matchmaking be a bit closer but it is also worth wondering to what extent the developers should be protecting non competitive players from competitive players in the pvp modes.

My 180 mil guild has only 3 GL's and we will be stomped in this TW as our opponents have up to 13. But is not the developers fault we have only 3 GL's. If everybody had starting going for a GL when they came out we easily could have 30 or 40. The reason we don't is because people chose to put their resources into other things. As the guild leader I chose to not have a TW focused guild and have not replaced the non pvp skilled/focused guild members.

Our relative lack of success in TW is largely a direct result of our choices.