[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • TVF
    29884 posts Member
    Jacen Solo
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    29884 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Seems to me they could set us at ease.... if they werent planning to do the exact thing we are upset about

    Planning to come back to admit you were wrong in a month?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    1995 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.
  • Xcien
    1387 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Jacen Solo

    You forgot Abe Lincoln...
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Xcien
    1387 posts Member
    I also say that Kit Fisto and Eeth Koth could be requirements as well
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.

    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Players not having a character at 7* doesnt make him a special case.

    They could, but that opens the door to any other individual character being questioned, which is why they are saying they are going to follow the cadence.
  • ShaggyB
    1995 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

    Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

    The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

    I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

    So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

    Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

    The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

    I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

    So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?

    No one is pretending that they didnt set forth that a certain class of character will not be required. KAM is not in that class nor is he any other special tag or group. They will not break the cadence for an individual character being in question.
  • Ravens1113
    3509 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.

    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Players not having a character at 7* doesnt make him a special case.

    They could, but that opens the door to any other individual character being questioned, which is why they are saying they are going to follow the cadence.

    KAM and other TB mission characters attained only through those means are the exact same thing and special cases.

    Again, the statement of “Characters available only through a TB special mission will not be required” follows the exact same standard as “Characters with the GL tag will not be required”

  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.

    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Players not having a character at 7* doesnt make him a special case.

    They could, but that opens the door to any other individual character being questioned, which is why they are saying they are going to follow the cadence.

    KAM and other TB mission characters attained only through those means are the exact same thing and special cases.

    Again, the statement of “Characters available only through a TB special mission will not be required” follows the exact same standard as “Characters with the GL tag will not be required”

    Except that is not an in game group or tag, so it is different.
  • And thanks to ROLO it’s not really accurate.

    And, there’s a reason no one’s worried CG will make Wat a requirement.
  • ShaggyB
    1995 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    oh my god who cares

    he'll be needed or he won't

    come back in a month and complain when he's needed or don't when he's not

    Would seem a lot of people care.

    Why do you care if they voice it now?
  • ShaggyB
    1995 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

    Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

    The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

    I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

    So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?

    No one is pretending that they didnt set forth that a certain class of character will not be required. KAM is not in that class nor is he any other special tag or group. They will not break the cadence for an individual character being in question.

    Again the single fact that they did already break cadence to do that for GL, means they can for KAM.

    There is nothing stopping them. There is no slippery slope. Its a choice for them.

    Nothing more, nothing less.... cadence is already broken. Hiding behind that is not valid. Pick a new reason to justify it.
  • ShaggyB
    1995 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    And thanks to ROLO it’s not really accurate.

    And, there’s a reason no one’s worried CG will make Wat a requirement.

    Exaclty... hes not gated behind a super hard TB and many have him at 7 star already.
  • ZeTwitch
    120 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

    It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

    Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

    SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

    Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

    SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

    JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

    Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.
  • StarSon
    5189 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    No i dont.

    I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

    I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

    KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

    CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

    Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

    They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

    Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

    The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

    I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

    So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?

    No one is pretending that they didnt set forth that a certain class of character will not be required. KAM is not in that class nor is he any other special tag or group. They will not break the cadence for an individual character being in question.

    Again the single fact that they did already break cadence to do that for GL, means they can for KAM.

    There is nothing stopping them. There is no slippery slope. Its a choice for them.

    Nothing more, nothing less.... cadence is already broken. Hiding behind that is not valid. Pick a new reason to justify it.

    there is nothing stopping them from announcing all the reqs at once, whats your point?

    you want to know. nothing more nothing less. you dont like the valid point of following the cadence and not breaking it for a single toon in question, which is different than a class of toon with a specific tag, that's fine.
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

    They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

    it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.
  • TVF
    29884 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    oh my god who cares

    he'll be needed or he won't

    come back in a month and complain when he's needed or don't when he's not

    Would seem a lot of people care.

    Why do you care if they voice it now?

    So you're unfamiliar with how the phrase "who cares" works then. Gotcha.

    It has been voiced. Over and over. And continuously. And presumably for a whole 'nother month. And CG will not tell you anything until that month is over.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jakdnels
    419 posts Member
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

    It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

    Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

    SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

    Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

    SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

    JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

    Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

    Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?
  • StarSon
    5189 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

    They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

    it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.

    I am not spinning anything, merely trying to explain to you what they have said. We are not privy to whatever secret cadence they have informed you of, but they have not yet stated that a group of characters with an in-game tag will never be required to get a GL. What they *have* said (both times, mind you) is that previous GL's will not be required for the current GL.

    Not real sure why you don't understand that this is a specific list of characters, not a generic group of characters.
  • TVF
    29884 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

    It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

    Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

    SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

    Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

    SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

    JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

    Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

    Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?

    There were no relics at the time. A 7* BB8 was required though.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

    They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

    it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.

    I am not spinning anything, merely trying to explain to you what they have said. We are not privy to whatever secret cadence they have informed you of, but they have not yet stated that a group of characters with an in-game tag will never be required to get a GL. What they *have* said (both times, mind you) is that previous GL's will not be required for the current GL.

    Not real sure why you don't understand that this is a specific list of characters, not a generic group of characters.

    but what they said was GLs and you keep trying to spin it to act like they said it due to specific toons. they didn't , they said it for a specific group that is specified in the game. they will not go further and open it up for an individual toon.

    can you explain how the statement should be worded, because saying past and future (or any allusion to non existent) GLs wouldn't make sense, unless I'm wrong?
  • Konju
    1029 posts Member
    OMG, just stop. GLs have a tag thus not a specific character, though cadence was broken to announce GLs would not be required for SEE, JML & JMK. The argument could go on for ages, but CG decided not to deviate from the announcements. That’s their choice, reward them how you see fit.
  • StarSon
    5189 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

    They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

    it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.

    I am not spinning anything, merely trying to explain to you what they have said. We are not privy to whatever secret cadence they have informed you of, but they have not yet stated that a group of characters with an in-game tag will never be required to get a GL. What they *have* said (both times, mind you) is that previous GL's will not be required for the current GL.

    Not real sure why you don't understand that this is a specific list of characters, not a generic group of characters.

    but what they said was GLs and you keep trying to spin it to act like they said it due to specific toons. they didn't , they said it for a specific group that is specified in the game. they will not go further and open it up for an individual toon.

    can you explain how the statement should be worded, because saying past and future (or any allusion to non existent) GLs wouldn't make sense, unless I'm wrong?

    No, they literally said specific characters. The first time, they said Rey and SLKR will not be required for JML and SEE. This is specific. This time they said Rey, SLKR, JML, and SEE will not be required for JMK. This is specific.

    The groups of "previous GL's" can not change, and therefor it is a specific listing. Were Crumb to now jump in and say "GL's will never be required for to obtain a GL," that would be a generic grouping.
  • ZeTwitch
    120 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

    It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

    Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

    SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

    Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

    SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

    JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

    Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

    Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

    It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

    Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

    SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

    Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

    SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

    JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

    Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

    Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

    Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?

    No but relic gates apply to all toons. I wouldn’t put relic requirements in the same category as dropping a new or non farmable toon as a requirement. I only put Rose Tico in their because of the backlash she received.
  • Kyno
    30391 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

    Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

    Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

    They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

    it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.

    I am not spinning anything, merely trying to explain to you what they have said. We are not privy to whatever secret cadence they have informed you of, but they have not yet stated that a group of characters with an in-game tag will never be required to get a GL. What they *have* said (both times, mind you) is that previous GL's will not be required for the current GL.

    Not real sure why you don't understand that this is a specific list of characters, not a generic group of characters.

    but what they said was GLs and you keep trying to spin it to act like they said it due to specific toons. they didn't , they said it for a specific group that is specified in the game. they will not go further and open it up for an individual toon.

    can you explain how the statement should be worded, because saying past and future (or any allusion to non existent) GLs wouldn't make sense, unless I'm wrong?

    No, they literally said specific characters. The first time, they said Rey and SLKR will not be required for JML and SEE. This is specific. This time they said Rey, SLKR, JML, and SEE will not be required for JMK. This is specific.

    The groups of "previous GL's" can not change, and therefor it is a specific listing. Were Crumb to now jump in and say "GL's will never be required for to obtain a GL," that would be a generic grouping.

    no they didn't.
    they said:
    Both of these units will follow a similar roll out as previous Galactic Legends but with a shorter roll out and will not require previous Galactic Legends,

    then went on to give examples:
    such as Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, to unlock.

    Thank you for acknowledging that they identified a group. we can move on, as no matter what is in a group if you specify the group, you are specifying the group, even if that group is made up of specific things.
    both statements work, but there is no point to act like future GLs will be required for this current event, and as always they probably want to leave themselves an out for a future GL requiring a GL, because who knows what the future brings, or maybe he just didn't want to get approvals needed to say that.
Sign In or Register to comment.