Anyone use Anakin for 7* Yoda?

Thrace
147 posts Member
Anyone use Anakin to successfully beat 7* Yoda?

I got Lumi(L), QGJ, JC, Eeth, Anakin (83/100)

I got kind of nervous in the 6* because Yoda kept stealing his offense up buff.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. I did.
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    What was your team?
  • Options
    Landing buff immunity on Yoda will help you a lot. definitely a worthy addition to your Yoda squad.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Barris (L), Anakin, QGJ, Lumi, JC.
  • Options
    I have Anakin at 4* but he is way too hard to farm. I will go a different route. Good for you for getting so far with him though, that's awesome. The only tough to farm character I am working on is Royal Guard, obviously not for this though. Lol. Good luck!
  • Options
    I did as well, and it was a royal pain.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Glad to hear this, I'm close to 7* Anakin (6 shards missing). Then it's Ahsoka left to get up there. Lumi/JC/Anakin/Asohka/QGJ were the Jedis I elected to level up for Yoda. No clue how that's going to fare, but I sort of don't care so much about Yoda for now, it looks like I might get him before I get 50 purples of anything these days :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I did.
    Lumi(l)
    QGJ
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    JC
    Took a lot of patience. Especially without Barris for lead. Used the Barris method and got real lucky toward the end. I got Barris to do the equalizer twice then landed Anakins smite to gain offense up and by then all my rooms had full turn meter and ability cooled down. And I pumbled Yoda to the ground.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    I did.
    Lumi(l)
    QGJ
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    JC
    Took a lot of patience. Especially without Barris for lead. Used the Barris method and got real lucky toward the end. I got Barris to do the equalizer twice then landed Anakins smite to gain offense up and by then all my rooms had full turn meter and ability cooled down. And I pumbled Yoda to the ground.

That's the same lineup I'm using and I'm getting nowhere. How many times you attempt?
  • Carbrenash
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Landing buff immunity on Yoda will help you a lot. definitely a worthy addition to your Yoda squad.

You can land something on Yoda??? This is an April fools joke right? ;)

I couldn't stun or dispel anything from either Yoda or his allies when I did it.
  • Options
    Give u more assurance, I did it with:
    QGJ (L), lumi, Jc, mace and Anakin..
    I got a lucky expose from my mace on yoda and get him down to red..
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    I did.
    Lumi(l)
    QGJ
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    JC

That's the same lineup I'm using and I'm getting nowhere. How many times you attempt?

About 20 actually trying. 50+ of me retreating on purpose. Just keep at it. Rng will eventually go your way.
  • Options
    I don't know how many times I tried but I restarted unless I had Barris and a mis to weak ally with him. He had Barris and gun di when I won it. Knocked out gun di first. Then worked on Barris, when she was low enough to health equalize, it actually brought Yoda down to about 50% health. That was HUGE. Then I finished her off and just hoped I had enough to get there. Finally I did.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    With my line up above, I did it on my first attempt after two purposeful retreats. It was vs IGD and JC.
  • AlexHermanssonGr
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh hey @Carbrenash, we're on the same shard! My in game name is Alex. Never seen someone else from ours here on the forum, have you? :smile:

Are you also farming/have Anakin 7*?
  • Options
    Oh hey @Carbrenash, we're on the same shard! My in game name is Alex. Never seen someone else from ours here on the forum, have you? :smile:

@AlexHermanssonGr

Hey Alex, you are the first.. We have a tough shard I think. I have friends that joined just a week or so after me, and they are sitting at number one in there's. Helps that they got Dooku and I got Greedo I guess.

Thanks for the note.

Yeah, working on Anakin! Drop rates are terrible! :(
  • Options
    Carbrenash wrote: »

@AlexHermanssonGr

Hey Alex, you are the first.. We have a tough shard I think. I have friends that joined just a week or so after me, and they are sitting at number one in there's. Helps that they got Dooku and I got Greedo I guess.

Thanks for the note.

Yeah, working on Anakin! Drop rates are terrible! :(

@Carbrenash

Yes, I guess it could be worse, but it's definitely tough! I managed to snipe rank 1 for the first time a couple of days ago actually :smile: But I do have dooku which helps. You should go for him next, because you have Yoda 7* already right?

Yes drop rates are indeed terrible, I get him in shipments from time to time though. My theory is (not really) that EA lowers my drop rates and puts him in shipments to make me use crystals haha.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I one shot it with QGJ(L), Lumi, Barris, ahsoka and ani. Went really smooth, he had aayla and JC for allies.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Thank goodness. I'm at 47/100 on Anakin, so next time I will get 7* yoda. Haha really glad to hear it's possible with him, maybe they can suprise us and leave it open for another week?
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know if it's possible with Anakin and without Barris. Man, I've put in 4 solid hours of tries and the best I could do was kill Yoda once but soon after died from his guards.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Thrace wrote: »
    I don't know if it's possible with Anakin and without Barris. Man, I've put in 4 solid hours of tries and the best I could do was kill Yoda once but soon after died from his guards.

Barris is probably the best leader for this challenge the 20% boost to hp, and to a lesser extent passive heal, is game changing. There are several toons that can be one shotted by Yoda. Barris lead puts them outside that range giving them an opportunity to be healed.
  • Options
    It's possible @Thrace, I use QGJ (L), lumi, Jc, mace and Ani..
    I think the main character for must have is not barris but QGJ, his assist attack is important to quickly damage yoda as fast as possible..
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Does Anakin's basic give Yoda turn meter when he resists the debuffs?

Good to hear you've done it without Barris.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Thrace wrote: »
    Does Anakin's basic give Yoda turn meter when he resists the debuffs?

Good to hear you've done it without Barris.

Yes it does.
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Update: I did it after countless attempts. So it is possible with the team I listed above, it just takes an unbelievable amount of patience. Probably 5-6 hours of solid attempts, hundreds of defeats, retreats and only 1 meltdown. My phone is still in tact.

The team that I eventually beat was Anakin and Barris. I started on Anakin, before I could drop him Barris healed, then took Barris down to red health. Then started working on Yoda. Barris never healed again although I was hoping she would. Some how finished Yoda off, then finished Barris off.

Thanks for the tips and the help everyone!
  • Options
    Tried the Barris method - didn't work out so well for me. Eventually just went straight for Yoda without distraction. Knocked him out w 2 still standing Lumi and Mace who went on to take out JC and Kit Fisto fairly easily. Other 3 on the canvas were QGJ EK and JC. 3rd attempt overall for the win.
    | ANZGC | Exile |