¡New speeds! Analysis and new strategies [Waiting update]

Prev13
Quim
665 posts Member
edited April 2016
Waiting the update of http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
The stats are already updated in: http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

The colours of the list are how interesting is every character, but only is my opinion.

The 1th image is the list of characters sorted by the speed without leader abilities:
213f6kh.jpg

The 2th image is sorted by the speed with QGJ as leader:
kby4aa.jpg

The 3th image is sorted by the speed with Ackbar as leader:
25gbhgp.jpg

The 4th image is a comparison of the speeds with Ackbar as leader vs teams with QGJ as leader:
2pt2zgo.jpg

The 5th image is sorted by the speed with Asajj Ventress as leader:
2s0g3zl.jpg

The 6th image is a comparison of the speeds with Asajj Ventress as leader vs teams with QGJ as leader:
112dhtf.jpg

The 7th image are the previous stats:
2057dxt.jpg

The 8th image is sorted by the health:
rlcknt.jpg

The 9th image is the difference with the previous stats. The colors indicate if the difference is higher or lower than the average:
1jvr6s.jpg

The 10th and last image is the difference with the previous stats about the damages:
28gv78m.jpg

The most interesting thing is that Rey will be the fast character of the game, so he will gain foresight in the first turn.

P2P players with Leia now can obtain some advantage, because they can try kill Rey with Leia, but is not easy, because would need 3 attacks, or attack with Leia and own Rey.

Now Sidious have the same speed than Dooku, so Rey can attack Dooku at the beginning and gain foresight, that will lose in the counterattack, and then Sidious can kill Dooku if go first.

Now Rey+Dooku can kill Geonosian Soldier before he can play, or Rey+Dooku+Yoda/Sidious/Leia.

Now Qui-Gon JInn (not as leader) is faster than Poe, so IG-86 can't kill QGJ before he play, something possible now after the taunt of Poe and the 25% turn meter reduction, then IG-86 is faster than QGJ, but now QGJ will have more speed than Poe.

Nightsister Acolyte, Anakin and First Order Officer now are faster than Poe, so teams with Poe will be nerfed very soon.

Hoth Rebel Scout now is slower than Poe, so is nerfed.

The speed of Luminara is the same. In the previous stats 36 characters were faster, now 42 characters are faster. She only will be useful with QGJ as leader.

FOTP now is faster than Han, son Han also is nerfed.

Resistance Pilot now is faster than IG-86 (without Poggle). Also is faster than CT-5555, Kylo Ren, Luminara and Savage Opress, so now Resistance Pilot is more useful.

With Qui-Gon Jinn as leader, now Dooku is slow. Yoda, QGJ, Anakin and Ahsoka are faster than Dooku, so QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey and GS is a good team to kill Dooku at the beginning and prevent the stun. For example, QGJ can attack Dooku, and if he survive, kill he with Rey or Ahsoka.

With QGJ as leader, now Geonosian Soldier is slow. A team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey and Eeth Koth, for example, all characters are faster than GS.

With these new speeds, have Royal Guard will be essential, and Sidious can be useful to kill some character with low-health if Yoda+QGJ can't kill that character, then Sidious can kill it, if the opponent have RG.

The new health of Royal Guard is a lot, from 17.686 to 26.798, now is the toon with more health in the game.

CT-5555 Fives now have 25.409 health, can be a good character in some teams.

Kylo Ren now have 21.636 health. He was tanky before, but now is more tanky.

With Ackbar as leader, Princess Leia is the most faster character of the game, faster than Yoda, and Hoth Rebel Scout is faster than Rey, can be useful to stun Rey at the beginning, or kill Rey if you have Leia, then attack Rey with Leia and HRScout.

With Ackbar as leader Han is faster than QGJ (not as leader) and maybe sometimes can be faster than Geonosian Soldier thanks to the unique ability.

With Ackbar as leader now Luke Skywalker is faster than Ahsoka Tano. With the previous stats was 137 vs 138, now is 142 vs 138.

That's all for now!! You can say more new strategies that you can see in these new speeds.

More stats in:

http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/characters/view-stats
Post edited by Quim on

Replies

• Options
    Well done, thank you! :smile:
  • Options
    This is awesome. These are in effect in the game now? I
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin looks like an Allstar. Fast, AOE and decent basic.

Is Yodas AOE accurate? A little QG offense up and it's lethal.

QGs health looks looks tough to deal with.

With the rebalance who really knows.

Nice spreadsheets thanks
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Carbrenash wrote: »
    This is awesome. These are in effect in the game now? I

Yes from now, if you get the level and the gears required hehe It will take some weeks, but these are the new speeds.
  • Options
    I'm feeling good about where I'm at, QGJ is maxed at 70, ready to go to 71 tomorrow? Ahsoka just missing the furnace. anakin is coming along, halfway to 6 stars, same with dooku. And Yoda just got to 7 stars.

Thanks again.

• Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    New image (4th) about the characters sorted by the health.

Also I replaced the 2 first images because I forgot Kit Fisto as jedi, now is correct.

New analysis about the new healths:

The new health of Royal Guard is a lot, from 17.686 to 26.798, now is the toon with more health in the game.

CT-5555 Fives now have 25.409 health, can be a good character in some teams.

Kylo Ren now have 21.636 health. He was tanky before, but now is more tanky.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Well done, thank you. You have paid much attention to Rebels, so, maybe one more column for characters with Ackbar leading may be also useful (just a suggestion). But since I don't plan to use Ackbar in the nearest future, I'm absolutely satisfied and pleased with the work you've done, thank you once again.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Really nice work. Rather than just QGJ, maybe include the speed with the respective leader (QGJ, Ackbar, Asajj, Lobot, etc). So you can compare Leia with Ackbar to Yoda with QGJ, for example.
  • Options
    Nice information, thank you!
    We will see whether the meta will change again after reaching Lv.80.
  • Options
    Your still talking current meta speed and 1 shoting characters before they get a turn. Which is excactly what the developers are trying to mitigate. Good possibility that teams with actuall synergy will replace the go first and win teams.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Excellent graphs! Thank you. I did notice before about Reys speed and damage being crazy. But it won't be as bad as it looks here. At least not straight away. Gearing has become much more harder and takes much more time than it used to. Also reaching level 80 will take much more time than people thought at first and then still to gear to max speed and especially Rey is really hard to gear so it will take very long for her to reach those stats.
    Which is great thing I think. It's not always good for the highest damage toons like leia and Rey to also be the fastest ones. But seeing how hard the grind would be to get them there, it's better. I won't mind so much seeing super fast Reys and leias knowing how much effort it takes to get those toons at that level.
    I still thing it's a bad idea that they're the fastest and have little counters. But for now Some Jedi with a qgj lead are faster so they still act as counters to rey and leia right now so I think it still all works out well enough.
    once we reach 90 though eventually, hopefully there still are counters to them otherwise strategy takes a back seat. But for now I think it's good. There are counters to the high damage high speed characters and they are really hard to gear to that level anyway making it a worthwhile effort and a very long grind so it's good for those who have them and I don't mind as someone who doesn't have them because I understand the effort that needs to go In and I can still counter them with my Jedi. So I don't think anyone should be considered OP as yet because it's balanced enough
    (Once the meta changed though some things might change)
  • Options
    Great info, the devs really don't understand strategy games do they.

Let's take the tank characters with taunts and make them so slow they never get a meaningful turn. My whole team will go before any tank. By the time it is their turn (except for RG) they won't have anyone to protect with their taunt.

The one thing you are not taking into account is other speed leaders. AA lead will still make Leia the fastest and puts HRS and Han up there in usefulness.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    I'm sure the meta change will affect some things. Cause right now my arena team is 5 of the 7 fastest and could be 5 of the 6 fastest (no Rey for me yet).
  • Options
    Wow I just took a look at some of those other number and a coupe really stick out. Rey special 2 does almost 2000 more damage than anyone else and Yoda AoE is utterly sick (more than anyone's base attack does to a single enemy). Guessing both of those will be changed soon.
  • Options
    Awesome job! Thank you!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @Quim
    Can you do one including Ackbar lead? There should still be hope for Han/HRS
    {RotE}
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    Well done, thank you. You have paid much attention to Rebels, so, maybe one more column for characters with Ackbar leading may be also useful (just a suggestion). But since I don't plan to use Ackbar in the nearest future, I'm absolutely satisfied and pleased with the work you've done, thank you once again.

¡Added!

The 3th image is sorted by the speed with Ackbar as leader.
    The 4th image is a comparison of the speeds with Ackbar as leader vs teams with QGJ as leader.

With Ackbar as leader, Princess Leia is the most faster character of the game, faster than Yoda, and Hoth Rebel Scout is faster than Rey, can be useful to stun Rey at the beginning, or kill Rey if you have Leia, then attack Rey with Leia and HRScout.

With Ackbar as leader Han is faster than QGJ (not as leader) and maybe sometimes can be faster than Geonosian Soldier thanks to the unique ability.

With Ackbar as leader now Luke Skywalker is faster than Ahsoka Tano. With the previous stats was 137 vs 138, now is 142 vs 138.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Really nice work. Rather than just QGJ, maybe include the speed with the respective leader (QGJ, Ackbar, Asajj, Lobot, etc). So you can compare Leia with Ackbar to Yoda with QGJ, for example.

¡Added!

The 5th image is sorted by the speed with Asajj Ventress as leader.

The 6th image is a comparison of the speeds with Asajj Ventress as leader vs teams with QGJ as leader.

Lobot is not useful I think, because the speed of IG-86, IG-88 and HK-47 is not enough to kill the fast characters, and now Poe is slower than QGJ (not as leader), so I think that it is the end of the droid teams, a lot of people will have QGJ as leader, with Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, Rey, Geonosian Soldier, Dooku, Sidious, Eeth Koth, so the droid teams are too slow now.

EDIT: Added also these images:

The 9th image is the difference with the previous stats. The colors indicate if the difference is higher or lower than the average.

The 10th and last image is the difference with the previous stats about the damages.
    Post edited by Quim on
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the SAME BORING META BUT WORST era in this relatively young game of endurance and grind! Ready your Jedi's and your QGJs the only true leader and savior of the Galaxy.

The stats show lots of sloppy thinking in the devs minds. It is ridiculous that some chars are now TWICE as fast as others, allowing the speed demons to land two specials before the slow char can act for the first time IF THEY ARE NOT DEAD OR STUNNED OR BLOCKED.

Devs please take note of your broken time meter math and think and dream about how to fix this game.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    The devs said that the characters with a lot of attack and speed the attack will be reduced, and the characters with low speed the damage will be improved, soon they will improve it, but is logical that the best characters are the most difficult to get, as Rey, that is a hard farm, as Yoda that also is very hard to farm, as Leia, that is for P2P, as GS, Dooku, QGJ, Ahsoka and Poe, etc. Also there are some characters hard to farm and not very useful, but some characters are being improved, Ahsoka Tano was not useful some weeks ago, now is one of the best, so they are working to improve the characters. Anyway you only need adapt the strategy to these new stats.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know, where meta is going to be. I plan on farming QGJ next have Daka now. I think he's the best overall leader, top 3-5 toon. I'm currently farming Barliss in Cantina. I have Ashoka at 25-25 shards, could possibly farm Eeth Koth in Squad Arena but really don't want to, for fifth Jedi. The point of my post is long term both Yodi and QGJ are solid top 5-6 toons in game. Barliss best Jedi for yodi challenge and should be great in GW.
    I don't have Dooku or Kylo Ren and both are solid, Ren could turn into a beast. good options in cantina. But I get yodi if I farm 3 Jedi so to me it's worth it.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Well shucks I worked on 86... Now I have to wrk on RP faster than I intended lol. Got 4* RG 7* phasma 6* Kylo 6* fives. FOTP 4*, working on Daka and assajj right now... Might try my luck running

Assajj
    Daka
    Dooku
    RG
    86 till RP is ready ... And...

Phasma
    Kylo
    Fives
    RG
    Daka
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have eeth koth at 5* stopped on him. I have mace and Barriss 4* working on Barriss for GW in cantina and getting Daka till 7* then I will get QGJ. Yoda is a pet project for me I could try to get 5* yoda, but I don't think that is going to help me now as I have neglected QGJ so long.

But, I finish top 20 now reguarly lol
  • Options
    +1 this should be sticky
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great work on the graphs, one small issue: these aren't nerfs and buffs.

People seem to think if a hero gets weaker then that is a nerf. This isn't the case.

Nerfs are only when a hero is changed.*

*this excludes bug fixes, these are not nerfs either.

Just because Han is going to be weaker than he is now relative to others that doesn't mean he was nerfed. He is simply different.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

People seem to think if a hero gets weaker then that is a nerf. This isn't the case.

*this excludes bug fixes, these are not nerds either.

Just because Han is going to be weaker than he is now relative to others that doesn't mean he was nerfed. He is simply different.

The speed is very important in this game, and now also FOTP is faster than Han. A lot of people will have 7* Yoda and 7* QGJ very soon, for example I started to get Yoda when I saw that only was available with Jedis, so I started to farm Eeth Koth, today I will get the 6th star, I started to farm Barriss Offee, today I will get the 5th star, and also QGJ, tonight I got the 5th star, so in the next event of Yoda I will have 7* Barris, 7* Lumi, 7* QGJ, 7* JC and 7* Eeth Koth and I will get 7* Yoda, now I have 100/145 of Yoda, in the next event I will get he, so I will be able to play with QGJ (L), Yoda, GS, Rey and RG, also my Rey will be 5 stars after get Yoda. A lot of people is farming Rey, RG and FOTP, a lot of people is farming jedis to get Yoda, farming QGJ and Eeth Koth, the people can play with Eeht Koth and with QGJ as leader also is faster than Han and faster than Poe, so very soon Han and Poe will be nerfed, I will stop to improve the gears of Poe.

The only way is play with Ackbar as leader, then Han is faster than QGJ (not as leader), so maybe is useful against teams with Dooku as leader and Sidious, but against teams with QGJ as leader, that will be the most common thing very soon, Han will not be useful, because all 5 enemy players will play before Han, when Han taunt, the best 2 attackers will be died. If you use RG the most normal thing is that only 1 attacker is dead after the first turns, so the best will be use RG, that is very useful when the other 4 characters are faster than Poe and very soon 4 characters will be faster than GS, for example QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka and Rey, faster than GS and faster than Dooku, so the meta is get a team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey and RG. Also Leia and Anakin are good options instead of Ahsoka.
  • Jit
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the SAME BORING META BUT WORST era in this relatively young game of endurance and grind! Ready your Jedi's and your QGJs the only true leader and savior of the Galaxy.

The stats show lots of sloppy thinking in the devs minds. It is ridiculous that some chars are now TWICE as fast as others, allowing the speed demons to land two specials before the slow char can act for the first time IF THEY ARE NOT DEAD OR STUNNED OR BLOCKED.

Devs please take note of your broken time meter math and think and dream about how to fix this game.

Did you happen to notice the double health of some of the slow characters? Think speed will matter but tanks will be far better on defence thanks to the level increase.
  • Jit
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Quim wrote: »
    The devs said that the characters with a lot of attack and speed the attack will be reduced, and the characters with low speed the damage will be improved, soon they will improve it, but is logical that the best characters are the most difficult to get, as Rey, that is a hard farm, as Yoda that also is very hard to farm, as Leia, that is for P2P, as GS, Dooku, QGJ, Ahsoka and Poe, etc. Also there are some characters hard to farm and not very useful, but some characters are being improved, Ahsoka Tano was not useful some weeks ago, now is one of the best, so they are working to improve the characters. Anyway you only need adapt the strategy to these new stats.

@quim thanks for the stats ! And yes premium must be given to hard to farm and hard to gear characters . Imagine a weak yoda ... That would be terrible now that people have worked so hard to get him.

You might need to update these charts post Monday 'surprise'. :)
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »

*this excludes bug fixes, these are not nerds either.

The speed is very important in this game, and now also FOTP is faster than Han. A lot of people will have 7* Yoda and 7* QGJ very soon, for example I started to get Yoda when I saw that only was available with Jedis, so I started to farm Eeth Koth, today I will get the 6th star, I started to farm Barriss Offee, today I will get the 5th star, and also QGJ, tonight I got the 5th star, so in the next event of Yoda I will have 7* Barris, 7* Lumi, 7* QGJ, 7* JC and 7* Eeth Koth and I will get 7* Yoda, now I have 100/145 of Yoda, in the next event I will get he, so I will be able to play with QGJ (L), Yoda, GS, Rey and RG, also my Rey will be 5 stars after get Yoda. A lot of people is farming Rey, RG and FOTP, a lot of people is farming jedis to get Yoda, farming QGJ and Eeth Koth, the people can play with Eeht Koth and with QGJ as leader also is faster than Han and faster than Poe, so very soon Han and Poe will be nerfed, I will stop to improve the gears of Poe.

The only way is play with Ackbar as leader, then Han is faster than QGJ (not as leader), so maybe is useful against teams with Dooku as leader and Sidious, but against teams with QGJ as leader, that will be the most common thing very soon, Han will not be useful, because all 5 enemy players will play before Han, when Han taunt, the best 2 attackers will be died. If you use RG the most normal thing is that only 1 attacker is dead after the first turns, so the best will be use RG, that is very useful when the other 4 characters are faster than Poe and very soon 4 characters will be faster than GS, for example QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka and Rey, faster than GS and faster than Dooku, so the meta is get a team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey and RG. Also Leia and Anakin are good options instead of Ahsoka.

No, they won't be nerfed.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    @Quim Thanks man, great analysis!
    Who I am is not important, my message is. - Revan