New Quest or a Bug?

twstdbydsn
1101 posts Member
edited May 2021
After the forced update yesterday this showed up in my quests. But since it states Tier V and not VI I'm a bit lost on why its there. I already simmed todays challenges with the new 1 shot sim button so if I need to do these manually tomorrow I will.

Any ideas? @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

Replies

• Magruffin
    798 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Yeah my guess is you'll have to go back and manually beat them, kinda odd that simming wont complete it
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    After the forced update yesterday this showed up in my quests. But since it states Tier V and not VI I'm a bit lost on why its their. I already simmed todays challenges with the new 1 shot sim button so if I need to do these manually tomorrow I will.

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

There is no VI with the daily challenges.......yet. They have stated that they were going to work on them after they did the assault battle challenge tiers....but nothing happened. Adding VI would help the gear crunch...which is why we don't have VI.

I simmed yesterday and got credit for the agility equipment one.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Yeah my guess is you'll have to go back and manually beat them, kinda odd that simming wont complete it

I don't know if me jumping in the pool with my phone is such a great idea either :p
  • Magruffin
    798 posts Member
    Options
    I simmed ability mats today and it didn't complete
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Since simming automatically does the highest tier I bet you are right and I need to complete it manually.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    After the forced update yesterday this showed up in my quests. But since it states Tier V and not VI I'm a bit lost on why its their. I already simmed todays challenges with the new 1 shot sim button so if I need to do these manually tomorrow I will.

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

There is no VI with the daily challenges.......yet. They have stated that they were going to work on them after they did the assault battle challenge tiers....but nothing happened. Adding VI would help the gear crunch...which is why we don't have VI.

g56n72ld0d9s.png
    Tier VI is right there though. I'm no Roman, but the numbers (letters) speak for themselves.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

g56n72ld0d9s.png
    Tier VI is right there though. I'm no Roman, but the numbers (letters) speak for themselves.

et tu, brute? DOH! I looked at the wrong one, I looked at the TAC gear one which only has V...whoops!
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

g56n72ld0d9s.png

et tu, brute? DOH! I looked at the wrong one, I looked at the TAC gear one which only has V...whoops!

That makes sense! I don't think I ever noticed that TAC didn't have a Tier VI. Weird.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

g56n72ld0d9s.png

Actually you may be right. I can't see the others right now but maybe the gears challenges only go to V and the Mats go to VI which explains it all. I guess I'll attempt the others over the next few days and see. Thanks for working through that with me.
  • Options

w6gyizo4x7ol.png

g56n72ld0d9s.png

That makes sense! I don't think I ever noticed that TAC didn't have a Tier VI. Weird.
    None of the gear challenges have a T6. All of the other non ship ones do.
  • Magruffin
    798 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Have to say I was looking forward to seeing the new Quest progress overlay when I simmed this morning. Part of me did wonder if I'd have to manually do it. Regretting I didnt
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Have to say I was looking forward to seeing the new Quest progress overlay when I simmed this morning. Part of me did wonder if I'd have to manually do it. Regretting I didnt

It's just dumb that TAC isn't part of it AND if you want to complete you need to do a lower tier of Mats to get it.

It's this kind of in game inconsistency that makes me question my sanity.
  • CrispyFett
    981 posts Member
    Options
    I simmed and didnt satisfy the Quest either. We have to actually play the challenge to complete the quest?
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I simmed and didnt satisfy the Quest either. We have to actually play the challenge to complete the quest?

From what I gather, you will have to sim Tier V of Mats next time on its own but then sim AGI and STR on their own as well.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I mass-simmed yesterday, got credit.
    Mass-simmed today, no credit.

So you don’t have to manually do them necessarily. Might could be there’s just a bug with today’s.

m27op7p5yc94.png
    See? Credit for yesterday using mass-sim.

Just wait until Saturday and manually sim T5. It’s lame that T6 doesn’t count, but let’s face it—if you’re at the point where you’re annoyed that you’re going to sim backwards, then you’re also at the point where getting T5 twice instead of T6 won’t hurt.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

So you don’t have to manually do them necessarily. Might could be there’s just a bug with today’s.

m27op7p5yc94.png

Just wait until Saturday and manually sim T5. It’s lame that T6 doesn’t count, but let’s face it—if you’re at the point where you’re annoyed that you’re going to sim backwards, then you’re also at the point where getting T5 twice instead of T6 won’t hurt.

Yeah TAC Gear challenge isn't part of it, so they either need to fix that Mats are Tier 6 or just ADD all the challenges. All this for miniscule rewards.
  • Morgoth01
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to go Mats T5 once for a few carbs. Nothing really lost for most I'd imagine, not like I'm really short anything but zetas anyway
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I'd be happy to go Mats T5 once for a few carbs. Nothing really lost for most I'd imagine, not like I'm really short anything but zetas anyway

Yeah - but you shouldn't have to. It's the usual case of players having to account for CG's inept design choices.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lachie_1
    104 posts Member
    Options
    zj0odx6mb9s9.png
    7faswjrbqrzb.png

So do the other challenges in the quest only have 5 tiers (V)?? Or did multi simming count towards Tier V in the other challenges? Because I completed the other parts of the quest without doing Tier V explicitly
  • Options
    Lachie_1 wrote: »
    zj0odx6mb9s9.png
    7faswjrbqrzb.png

So do the other challenges in the quest only have 5 tiers (V)?? Or did multi simming count towards Tier V in the other challenges? Because I completed the other parts of the quest without doing Tier V explicitly

The former

Ability mat / credit / training droid challenges --> 6 tiers

Gear challenges --> 5 tiers
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

m27op7p5yc94.png

Yeah TAC Gear challenge isn't part of it, so they either need to fix that Mats are Tier 6 or just ADD all the challenges. All this for miniscule rewards.

This is a quest for new players. They can't do T6 ability material challenge before doing T5.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

m27op7p5yc94.png

This is a quest for new players. They can't do T6 ability material challenge before doing T5.

But in the end it's a quest or everyone since it just showed up and makes older players reevaluate the way they sim (once). Overall not a huge deal but something like that shouldn't have to be the case.
  • Options
    I will never remember not to sim that one. Lol