Stormtroopers ability

Uriakatos
176 posts Member
edited April 2016
So if youve noticed, RG and ST have very similar specials with ST ability being basically a weaker version since it only works for empire allies. Its also no secret that ST is basically only viable in an empire only team. As a result, i propose that ST ability should be changed so that both RG and ST dont both use their special on the first turn and basically let one ability go to waste. I suggest it be changed from "defense up for empire allies" to "fortitude up for empire allies" or "empire allies regain X fortitude" or something along those lines. Thoughts?

Stormtroopers ability 13 votes

I like ST ability the way it is. Dont change it.
15%
PetrozzaStarjumper 2 votes
Yes ST ability should be some fortitude related boost for empire allies
53%
bleeaauuhNoktarnUriakatosJensxnstumpomanKexchokladpipboy3009 7 votes
ST abilities should be changed but not to some fortitude related thing. (Post your idea)
30%
Tromedlov13EebersHanSkywalkerPotatoMan 4 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes, as soon as fortitude comes out
  • Options
    I like ST ability the way it is. Dont change it.
    I don't see the specials being too similar and needing a tweak

Stormtrooper Bravado - Taunt for 2 turns, grants Empire allies Defense Up for 3 turns. In addition, Stormtrooper gains 50% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter from each enemy whenever he is damaged while Taunting.

Imperial Phalanx – All allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns and Empire allies gain Health Up for 2 turns. Royal Guard has a 25% chance to gain 35% Turn Meter

Ok they both grant defence up which will be tweaked in update apparently but it's no different from running any other 2 toons with similar abilities together. Put poe and han together and they'll both taunt at same time Put JC and lumi together and they'll both waste heals trying to heal someone with immunity. Anakin will waste a smite after QGJ has already dispelled to grant offence up.

If AI changes are to be made there are much more widely used characters that need it before stormtrooper who must have a tiny percentage of users.

Who uses RG and stormtrooper together anyway?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think st is viable even in an empire team there are a lot better empire teams without him
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    ST needs to be fully revamped. RG wins ST any day.
    Taunt:RG: Auto 1T; ST: 2T
    Def Up: RG, all allies; ST: Empire allies only
    HP: RG: Great. ST: Pathetic
    Debuff: RG: Stun, Slow; ST: None
    Damage: RG: bad, ST: ok (high damage variance doesn't make any toon good)
    Utility: RG: Great in any team combo; ST: Weak even in a full Empire team.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    But really what did you expect...... It's a storm trooper
    I think he is intentionally bad
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I don't see the specials being too similar and needing a tweak

Ok they both grant defence up which will be tweaked in update apparently but it's no different from running any other 2 toons with similar abilities together. Put poe and han together and they'll both taunt at same time Put JC and lumi together and they'll both waste heals trying to heal someone with immunity. Anakin will waste a smite after QGJ has already dispelled to grant offence up.

Who uses RG and stormtrooper together anyway?

The problem with the Anakin and QGJ example is that there are MANY choices for a jedi team whereas for an empire team there are 7. One of which is chromium exclusive, the other is achievement exclusive. Snowtrooper didnt even have a place to farm him until this most recent update! It would be really easy to just choose another jedi instead of QGJ or anakin whereas choices for another empire ally are very limited, meaning that ST wouldn't be viable EVEN in an empire team. He'd basically be a waste of code.
  • Options
    ST abilities should be changed but not to some fortitude related thing. (Post your idea)
    Since we don't know what fortitude is yet I won't want to suggest that. But I think a rework would be nice.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    ST needs to be fully revamped. RG wins ST any day.
    Taunt:RG: Auto 1T; ST: 2T
    Def Up: RG, all allies; ST: Empire allies only
    HP: RG: Great. ST: Pathetic
    Debuff: RG: Stun, Slow; ST: None
    Damage: RG: bad, ST: ok (high damage variance doesn't make any toon good)
    Utility: RG: Great in any team combo; ST: Weak even in a full Empire team.

+1
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader