Very disappointed in the Beskar Armor Mando.

Korban
100 posts Member
edited May 2021
I was so looking up to gear him up, get all abilities, mods - but he completely sucks in battles. It looks like the Whistling Birds ability is broken. By the time he stacks them up - the battle is usually over. :(

Do you think there is any hope he'd get re-worked?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Re-worked no not likely.

Is his journey over, no not likely. (He will be needed to have toons added to sure up that team)

Will that faction get some love over the next few years as the show and others like it develop, I would like to think so.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. Love the thought of having to wait years for a character to be truly useful. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yep. Love the thought of having to wait years for a character to be truly useful. :/

He works great in the GCs, and he is a solid B team. So he is useful now, just not quite what we expected, I agree.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

He works great in the GCs, and he is a solid B team. So he is useful now, just not quite what we expected, I agree.

Mine is 7 stars and I never use him anywhere. But yes, not what was expected.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options

Because scoundrels are a minor faction.

Pao and Bistan got their chars in game with so litlle screen time, and we still dont have beckett even he's one of the main chars in solo.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Beskar Armor Mando is a special quest character that needs to be unlocked. Yet, the regular Mando is far better in every way.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options

I mean... there's no 6 stars or less Beskar Mando, so yeah, we all have Beskar Mando at 7* lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

I mean... there's no 6 stars or less Beskar Mando, so yeah, we all have Beskar Mando at 7* lol

Sorry. My point is simply that I don't use him anywhere despite the fact that he is 7 stars. I use 5* Armorer more often.

• LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    This line up will get you to whistling birds quickly.

96fg73lsi7sk.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    I guess if the Razor Crest is as good as people hope, he will be redeemed.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Korban wrote: »

Beskar Armor Mando is a special quest character that needs to be unlocked. Yet, the regular Mando is far better in every way.

Nope.
    BH team struggle to beat Dreven and Bando team is not.
  • Options
    It is highly likely he will have great synergy with the upcoming Ahsoka. Keep yelling for a rework and the more likely it will be that you bias CG into making Mandolorian tag more powerful
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha CG doesn't care
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    Options

Sorry. My point is simply that I don't use him anywhere despite the fact that he is 7 stars. I use 5* Armorer more often.

I use my 3* piett more then my 7* wampa
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Korban wrote: »

Nope.
    BH team struggle to beat Dreven and Bando team is not.

So what team is that? Please list the other characters.

I am using Bando in full Mandalorian team, with Bo-Katan as lead. Plan to switch him for The Armorer
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This line up will get you to whistling birds quickly.

96fg73lsi7sk.jpeg

forget nest and Cara what you want is L3 and Young Han

great def team on GAC for me you just have put away idea that his role is massive attacker, but the birds stack very quickly with young hans assisting

LOL, no, I do not want young Han and will never up him. I will find another composition
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »

I use my 3* piett more then my 7* wampa

U miss a lot of fun!
  • Options
    BAM can beat pretty much any non-GL team and is a very good source of high banners in GAC. The people who complain he is terrible and useless really don't know what they're doing with him

Are there complaints to be made? Absolutely. He's a pain to gear and to get the team useful it takes an awful lot of high relics. But he's not bad by any stretch of the imagination
  • Options
    He's definitely tier 1 or 2. FYI tier 1 is not top, 0 is.

He's not that hard to get, and honestly I don't think he is currently worth getting except it is highly likely that he will have lots of synergy with the new coming Ahsoka. OG Ahsoka is CW Ahsoka. Fulcrum is pre-Mando. The coming Ahsoka is the 1 from Mandolorian. They had each others' backs in that show. Even if the synergy between them is as good as Zal and Mission that would be huge. Everytime Mando prepares Whistling Birds Ahsoka performs a decapitation attack on a random enemy. Lots of opportunity to make BAM tier 0, and with more Mandolorian coming they might do that.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    The coming Ahsoka is the 1 from Mandolorian.

No it’s not.

Mando Ashoka had white sabers - like Fulcrum. And she wasn’t a commander ffs.

This is Ashoka from season 7 of CW - which doesn’t really make sense, but they need a toon for the GL after Kenobi, so whatever.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    BAM can beat pretty much any non-GL team and is a very good source of high banners in GAC. The people who complain he is terrible and useless really don't know what they're doing with him

Are there complaints to be made? Absolutely. He's a pain to gear and to get the team useful it takes an awful lot of high relics. But he's not bad by any stretch of the imagination

For GAC purpose, the issue with a team that takes an awful lot of relics is that those high relics could be used for prerequisites to a GL or for gearing a counter GL team (Imperial Troopers enter the chat). When you already have 4 GLs and all the counter GLs you need then it's a different story ;)
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Navigating the pitfalls of which hero to farm and which ones to avoid is part of the skill in playing the game.
    The unfortunate people who have money always take a risk on exploring a new hero, sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't
  • Options
    Yet he does very well on defense in GAC:

https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/THEMANDALORIANBESKARARMOR/

Beatable? Absolutely. But the teams that beat him at high % are pretty narrow list of valuable GAC teams.