a filler episode and mostly just pushed the Dad Batch narrative forward
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    First episode was better.

Agree. This seemed like

Yeah, 1st one was also longer, there was no BIG event that happened in Episode 2
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    It seems as though the second one is just building for the next one. It was nice that Cut and Su were in the episode though.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Options
    First episode was better.

Agree. This seemed like

Yeah, 1st one was also longer, there was no BIG event that happened in Episode 2

Of course it was longer, it was the premiere. As much filler as people want to call it still was a good episode, it could be setting up them linking up with Rex earlier than we thought since Cut mentioned they missed him by a day
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely filler but there’s bound to be, can’t expect something major to happen in every episode. Thought ‘uncle wrecker’ was funny and I hope they meet up with Rex soon
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Definitely filler but there’s bound to be, can’t expect something major to happen in every episode. Thought ‘uncle wrecker’ was funny and I hope they meet up with Rex soon

Uncle Wrecker and him having a poncho and a hat out of nowhere got a laugh out of me. Wrecker is too pure
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    He really is
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    Good episode. We see Chain code again. Possible Cut as a future member, how come he did not get all paranoid for order 66? I liked the space port battle.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    how come he did not get all paranoid for order 66?

That's something that bothered me, unless it was done off-screen: Nobody bothered to actually remind the man he too has a chip in his brain that could pretty much shut down who he is with a command.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

That's something that bothered me, unless it was done off-screen: Nobody bothered to actually remind the man he too has a chip in his brain that could pretty much shut down who he is with a command.

Oh yeah. Cut has a brain chip as well, but of course he didn't get affected by Order 66 since he never heard the command. But he still has it, and that could affect future episodes...

• Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »

Oh yeah. Cut has a brain chip as well, but of course he didn't get affected by Order 66 since he never heard the command. But he still has it, and that could affect future episodes...

Still, i doubt any random guy saying "Execute Order XX" actually triggers their conditioning. I believe it's reserved to specific individuals somehow, like Papa Palpatine
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Disney have a habit of this don't they - filling in a story or padding it out a bit. Look at the mandolarian episodes with the fish egg lady or the village being attacked by pirates (also with fish...anyone notice a theme here?)

Ep2 - was more character development for Omega - to secure her place in the squad as the Galactic Empire rises.

Shame Crosshair has gone back to a reg. I like him, I have high hopes for the future with some redemption but the speculation that he may be a Death Trooper also is exciting!
  • ndwilson
    90 posts Member
    Options
    I liked the episode as well for the character development aspect. One thing I'm a little confused on is why Echo had such a hard time getting the magnetic clamp to release when he was using his scomp link. I guess I thought just being able to plug in to computer systems would make stuff like that easy but I definitely could be wrong.
  • Options
    I would like for them to further explore the ethics of fighting in front of/with a child. They make a joke about it in The Mandalorian, but it feels a bit different when you are not talking about an alien.

I was expecting something of A-Team - like action where they never actually kill anyone (since the "bad guys" are still clones), but it sure seems like the show plans to ignore that aspect.

Liked the episode overall - excited to see what kind of identity the show takes on down the road!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cut quit the war, He could have been like 5’s and had a malfunctioning chip. I think they were just setting him up for future stories. Rex came to him as well. Their could be the bridge.
  • Yoda_66
    28 posts Member
    Options
    I would like for them to further explore the ethics of fighting in front of/with a child. They make a joke about it in The Mandalorian, but it feels a bit different when you are not talking about an alien.

I was expecting something of A-Team - like action where they never actually kill anyone (since the "bad guys" are still clones), but it sure seems like the show plans to ignore that aspect.

Liked the episode overall - excited to see what kind of identity the show takes on down the road!

Well, the bad batch never felt the same brotherhood with the reg clones, since they made fun of them, and usually didnt fight alongside them, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to kill them.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    As mentioned above, not every episode is going to have a big event. If anything they are setting you up for the fall - Omega runs away or gets captured. I bet the parents get into a scuffle, maybe die (uncle owen aunt beru style), big name helps rescue her from another big name and Omega wants revenge and back to the Batch. At least she’s the biggest contender for the 5th bad batch yet. Lot of room for wild goose chase storyline because good big-name won’t fight until stakes are higher
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Cut quit the war, He could have been like 5’s and had a malfunctioning chip. I think they were just setting him up for future stories. Rex came to him as well. Their could be the bridge.

Possibly. He could have also been a way to guilt free get rid of Omega. It felt more of a coming to terms with being a father figure episode. I don't know about Cut's chip being defective, would think that he'd go crazy like Tup did. Seems like the clones need to hear the order being given. Though it seems to completely erase their humanity, which kinda stinks.
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    It does seem like the more individualistic clones (Rex, to some degree pre-intensified Crosshair) can put up more of a fight to the chip. And Cut’s arguably much more individualistic than either of those.

Rex would make more sense to warn Cut about the chip then the Bad Batch who still barely understand it, in my opinion. But mentioning it would have been nice.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    It does seem like the more individualistic clones (Rex, to some degree pre-intensified Crosshair) can put up more of a fight to the chip. And Cut’s arguably much more individualistic than either of those.

Rex would make more sense to warn Cut about the chip then the Bad Batch who still barely understand it, in my opinion. But mentioning it would have been nice.

Maybe Rex already warned Cut about the chip, since he had passed by?

• TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. But I’m not sure if Salecumi has the medical tech to remove the chip... unless Rex specifically visited to help Cut remove his and brought a mini-surgery table.
  • Options
    The show says that the Bad Batch genetic modifications made them less susceptible. It probably has more to do with the location in the brain that was altered that influences the chips performance. I doubt Cut listened in on the comm chatter, so he wouldn't hear the order given. If Rex did warn him about the chip, why didn't he tell the Bad Batch about it?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I think he meant why didn’t Cut mention it to Bad Batch if Rex had relayed that info to Cut.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I think he meant why didn’t Cut mention it to Bad Batch if Rex had relayed that info to Cut.

This. One would think that if Rex told Cut about the chip, that Cut would tell the Bad Batch about it too. Cut may be a deserter, but I think he still cares for his brothers.
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »

This. One would think that if Rex told Cut about the chip, that Cut would tell the Bad Batch about it too. Cut may be a deserter, but I think he still cares for his brothers.

Oh okay, now i'm kind of questioning it too

Good thing it is only episode 2 and we have a whole season to explore these questions.
    I'm wondering why Echo doesn't have the hand print on his armor. Or why doesn't he have a prosthetic hand that incorporates the scomp link.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Good thing it is only episode 2 and we have a whole season to explore these questions.
    I'm wondering why Echo doesn't have the hand print on his armor. Or why doesn't he have a prosthetic hand that incorporates the scomp link.

Now I am questioning what Cut knows about the chip. And maybe Echo likes the scomp link more than a prosthetic hand, but I am wondering why he got rid of the hand print.

• Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Now I am questioning what Cut knows about the chip. And maybe Echo likes the scomp link more than a prosthetic hand, but I am wondering why he got rid of the hand print.

I get having a hero with disabilities, like Rhodes in the MCU. But within the SW universe, I would think a soldier would see the advantage of having 2 hands vs 1. The hand print was always Echos unique feature and I think it means a lot to him. Reminds him of Hevy and his early days as a shiny. I kinda hope they address that in the show. I kinda wish I could ask the creators of the show myself.