Bad batch worth it?

How much does it cost to purchase it and is it worth it?

Can it be farmable?

Replies

• Options
    At this point, roughly $1200 worth of crystals just to 7* all 4, then whatever it takes to gear them. They'll be farmable eventually.
  • Options
    I’m all for buying an epic toon, looking at you Sion!

However to buy a full team from the ground up is just insane. I’ll farm then when they are released but for a mid to lower top tier team, I can’t see the value in grabbing them early.
  • Options
    So many Kyrotechs to gear them up…

I was planning on farming them when they become farmable, but I saw somewhere that the team needs over 1000 to g13. That seems ridiculous.
  • Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to purchase it and is it worth it?

Can it be farmable?

To 7 star the characters from 3* (if you got them from Marquee event), it takes roughly $300 of crystals, each.

But marquee characters go to shipments (80 crystals a shard) after 4-6 weeks and then to a farming location in another 4-6 weeks.

According to https://swgohevents.com/marquee the final Bad Batch (for now?) will be farmable end of June or early July.

So either a lot of money or wait a couple months.
  • Options
    So many Kyrotechs to gear them up…

I was planning on farming them when they become farmable, but I saw somewhere that the team needs over 1000 to g13. That seems ridiculous.

You need exactly 800 of the shockprods. I would assume similar numbers for the other one
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Mine are 4* geared as high as possible (1-2 shy of g12), mods are gold but not the best I have. Using Shaak Ti for a 5th at 347 speed and hunter leader, I took down R5 grevious lead sep droid team in TW - all were R5. I would not buy them now, but they are an excellent squad. Probably the best non-force using team, if not best no GL Team
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Shadow1989 seems like a new player, for your position no its not worth it, you can't farm them yet and buying all 4 them would be alot of money. They're a decent squad but not worth dumping money definitely when you need to farm your early toons first.

Edit: they have 1 other post talking about needing help progressing through LS/DS nodes. Imo you should get Phoenix first, get them to g7-8 area so you can get palpatine and thrawn, then having kanan and Ezra will give you 2 jedis for GMY
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I just started 5 days ago. I have spent 1k+ already. Now have full first order 7* at gear xii. Phoenix already 6* soon 7*. Ships all 6* soon.

Notice my first order so weak at arena and galaxy so im tempted to switch to bad batch. Any advice on this
    Post edited by Shadow1989 on
  • Options
    Bad Batch won't help you much get better results in arena. If you are a spender and already started on FO, go for a GL. SLKR might be "cheaper" at this point than getting a relic Bad Batch squad.
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    Options
    If money is not an issue, go for bad batch. You can bet that these characters will be needed for GL kenobi and you will have a new galactic legend at the fastest pace.
    If not, SLKR is a tried and tested GL, he is great in several Pvp and Pve game modes and will forever be useful in your roster.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    If money is not an issue, go for bad batch. You can bet that these characters will be needed for GL kenobi and you will have a new galactic legend at the fastest pace.

This is bad advice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Shadow1989 wow that's alot, I hope you like the game and enjoy thanks for contributing to the game. If money isn't an issue still don't go for bad batch. Use that to go for SLKR based off of what you farmed already. He alone will get you much further then them. You do need other toons that may not seem good but he is worth it.

Also don't listen to them being a requirement for GL Kenobi. Untill CG releases the requirements thats a very very low maybe that all 5 will be required.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    I just started 5 days ago. I have spent 1k+ already. Now have full first order 7* at gear xii. Phoenix already 6* soon 7*. Ships all 6* soon.

Notice my first order so weak at arena and galaxy so im tempted to switch to bad batch. Any advice on this

I would slow down on the starring and gearing until you have a chance to farm more mods with good speed secondaries. You are overinflating your power too quickly.
  • Options
    This is a resource management and strategy game with skirmishes thrown in for fun. You can but shouldn’t just throw money at it to get where you want.

Please post your roster and we can give better guidance
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thanks for everyone input. Guess i will stick to first order...

I’m only have 6 of the first order at 7* gear xii. I will need a long time to farm hux, two pilot and the slith troopers out to 7*

After that, still need gears...

I need help and advice on my light side.
    1)Im trying to max out my phoenix team. What gear should i get them to?

2)I was thinking to get old ben, jedi knight anakin, mace windu so that i can get GMY to 7*

Is jedi knight anakin worth upgrading to 7*
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    "Worth it" will be very subjective. They are an excellent team, but as mentioned you're looking at probably $1500 to get all 4 to relic levels. It probably won't help you a whole lot in arena, but that really depends on your shard.

As others have stated, I would also suggest spending your money to get a GL first and just farm BB when they hit nodes (or maybe shipments; it will cost about 22k crystals to shipment farm each one, which is about half the current cost).
  • Options
    Phoenix have nice ships, so they can do a lot. Mine are all G12, but They were g8ish for Thrawn. I don’t use them much anymore.

Anakin is well worth the investment for Jedi, Padme teams, and ultimately Sith eternal emperor