What route is THE route?

IWH
8 posts Member
I have a frustration towards choosing the path I wanna choose. The late goal is Galacting Legend toon (dunno which one). I'm planning to start with Phoenix (with the purchase of their starting bundle), gearing them to lvl 7-8 - that leads me to Empire team (Palp, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin and TFP) (also purchasing First Order starting bundle) and after that I feel that I'm stuck as I don't know where do I go. As I don't want to miss regular challenges witch require scoundrels, jawasfor mod farming and wanna be useful to a guild somehow
I will appreciate your advice and/or guidance

Feel free to add me, I won't deny allies help at all 852-745-178

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jawas haven't been required for crit damage mods for years, since they made mod challenges open to all factions. It must have been a really old guide that told you that.
  • IWH
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Jawas haven't been required for crit damage mods for years, since they made mod challenges open to all factions. It must have been a really old guide that told you that.
    Thx, that changes things a bit
  • Options
    I wouldn’t purchase a Phoenix specific bundle. They are easy to get at 7* and gear to where you need them. Don’t waste money on that.

If you’re going to buy a starting bundle, consider the hyperdrive one for $99. Especially if you want to go for SLKR early, he’s the fastest to get with HDB.

If going to be mainly f2p, then start with Phoenix snd Geos snd from there you can work up to multiple teams that are good before going for a GL. We are working to put together a more detailed new player starting guide shortly.
  • Options
    THE route is the route that you have the most fun playing.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t purchase a Phoenix specific bundle. They are easy to get at 7* and gear to where you need them. Don’t waste money on that.

If you’re going to buy a starting bundle, consider the hyperdrive one for $99. Especially if you want to go for SLKR early, he’s the fastest to get with HDB.

If going to be mainly f2p, then start with Phoenix snd Geos snd from there you can work up to multiple teams that are good before going for a GL. We are working to put together a more detailed new player starting guide shortly.

Problem you cant get geo brood alpha until level 83 it is still hard at level 85
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    In hindsight? Left at Albuquerque.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • IWH
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Thinking of smth like this
    jl4p7nx3ncpt.jpg
    What do ya think?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    So, CLS is a terrible first "big" journey character, becouse you need so much other stuff to rly make his team work.(Chewy = BHs, C3P0 = Ewoks, Chewpio = x1 Farm)
    Not going Geos will hurt you alot in Fleet arena, and from my experience, you wont get the Tie Advanced or the Slave 1 in time for the Zeta challenge.
    I would farm Geos, as they double down as a very good team for the first month of being 85, AND their ships will get you high fleet arena placements when paired together with the vulture droid (farmable very early, and highly recommended) and the hyena bomber (farmable later, but its a very good node in general), under a Tarkin lead.

If you also plan to go JKR, my recommendation would be to get DR and Malak as well. And once you have done that, you could go for a GL, and SEE would be the most logical step further. (You allready have alot of the empire toons unlocked, and then getting troopers is never a bad thing)

That also means you have knocked out alot of the assault battles allready:

Phoenix will give you military might up to the bonus tier (at the gear level you stop working on them)
    Phoenix will also give you some tiers of Secrets and Shadows
    Troopers will knock out Forest Moon and Rebel Roundup at the Challenge tiers, once you have them reliced (and you do that, if you go for SEE
    JKR will knock out Ground War at least challenge tier 1 (thats with 1 relic in your team)
    DR/Malak will knock out Places of Power at at least challenge tier 1.

that gives your 4/6 Assault Battles at the Challenge Tier, and thus very good rewards, fairly early on from there.
    You also have potential for a good cpit team (looking at your troopers), and you have 3 Teams that should do 3-4 waves each in geo dark side TB (Troopers, Sith, Geos), and also contribute a Wat shard.

Building Geos means you should get into a guild doing at least dark side geo TB (probably light side as well, in the GP range of 160-220m gp) at a point very soon after 85, or perhaps even a bit before. That will get you a malevolence pretty early in the game, and you can dominate your fleet shard with it.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    So, CLS is a terrible first "big" journey character, becouse you need so much other stuff to rly make his team work.(Chewy = BHs, C3P0 = Ewoks, Chewpio = x1 Farm)

I had read previously about that lineup to use with CLS, but can someone explain to me why each of those toons are required to make him viable? What is the role of each of them when using CLS, and what's the outcome of replacing one of them (for example, Chewpio, thats very expensive to farm still) with someone else?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    chewpio is critical, he shares CLS stats to everyone else. Chewy makes two of your characters immune to stun etc. and does alot of dmg. c3p0 reduced cooldowns, and put even more debuffs on enemys potentially feeding TM to your team. and han is just doing dmg

And without that lineup, that squad is just straight up worse than the other teams at that level like JKR, DR, Padme.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    That makes sense, thanks.
    Chewpio shards should get accelerated in about two months, so I'll start farming him then.
  • IrieLion
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been playing f2p daily for the last 5 months. I would say Phoenix first for sure, build up your empire along with them as you unlock Palp thrawn Vader. I used Tarkin and Tie fighter pilot to make a solid team. With them leveled a little R2D2 was an easy unlock. I would also side farm Bastila Shan and Old Ben and one other Jedi to unlock Yoda. (You’ll already have a high lvl Ezra and Kanon to go with) I had all 4 heroes (GMY, Palp, Thrawn, R2) unlocked at 7* before reaching lvl 85. From there it’s a choice of Padme, CLS, or JKRaven for your first post lvl 85 hero. Also, don’t level up your pheonix after getting Thrawn to 7*. And no zetas necessary on any Phoenix. They pretty much become useless outside of an extra defense or offense crew for Grand Aren.
  • IWH
    8 posts Member
    Options
    IrieLion wrote: »
    I used Tarkin and Tie fighter pilot to make a solid team. With them leveled a little R2D2 was an easy unlock.
    is Gideon solid replacement for TIE Pilot?

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chewpio makes that team shine, but I'd say it's separate Chewie and Threepio that make it worthwhile. CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO, and R2 can take down higher geared JKR if CLS is fast enough and you know the strat. Nightsisters or BH no problem either. But 3PAC definitely catapults it to a top tier team.

It depends on your level too. A lone, fast CLS can be pretty good if your opponent is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

However, the best team is the one with 3PAC. But before he's farmed R2 will suffice. But without Chewie and 3PO there's just a little too much to counter it unless you are still facing midrange teams.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    What you set out in your excel plan is fine and it's better to focus and not get distracted.
    You need TIE Bomber to make your Empire fleet work
    I'd strongly advise Admiral Piett for the Empire team
    C3P0 requires you to farm five Ewoks to gear 10+. You need to include those in your stretch goal for CLS.
    I like how your focusing down on roster and ship balance with your plan
  • Options
    The first five teams you want to build are

1. Empire
    2. Jkr
    3. Darth revan/malak
    4. Padme using geos
    5. Ns with jka for hstr

These 5 teams give you a lot of bang for your buck.

1. Empire assualt battle up to challenge tier
    2. Lower levels of secret's and shadows with Phoenix or ns
    3. Jedi assualt battle up to challenge tier
    4. All levels of sith assualt battle if you use ep, vader, darth revan, dark Bastilla, and malak.
    5. Several tw and gac teams
    6. Several Tb teams
    7. A few levels of the rebel assault balttle
    8. Wat shards on geo tb
    9. Solo of p3 of hstr if you have the ns jka team.

So a lot of stuff from just a few teams.

Which you do first isn't all that important. Jkr, padme, and empire with dark Bastilla all compete pretty well in arena. So up to you to pick a path.

Some say padme first. Some say jkr. Some say empire. But in reality any of those will work pretty well.