F2P GL Rushing?

Background info
I recently noticed just how difficult it will be to rush GL's (GML, SEE, SLKR, Ray.) I have played this game for years on different accounts and have never even considered a GL because of the requirements. A few months ago I started a new F2P account because I forgot my password again, and I think on this account I want to go after a GL. I am currently level 74 and I have my JKR unlock team most of the way done, I am getting started on Goes to unlock Padme. I have been told to go after SLKR first, but after looking into the characters I have and what GL would be the most helpful, I am thinking of going after SEE & GML.
Questions
  1. Which GL should I go after first?
  2. Should I rush a GL or go after some GH's and slowly work toward a GL?
  3. What would you recomend I do with my account as of where I am right now?
  4. Am I too wide spread?
  5. What fleet should I focus on?
  6. What team should I build up more?
  7. Is SEE going to be a good first GL to focus on?
  8. Is this too many questions?
  9. Why is it so easy to right so much about SWGOH?
Account Link
https://swgoh.gg/p/796769142/
End
If anyone has the answers to these questions I would love to hear what everyone has to say. I am not expecting any one person to answer all of these questions, but if you feel like you can answer them thank you. If anyone has any questions that I didn't ask please ask them below, chances are I am wondering the same thing.
May the Force forever grant you Power.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1. Supreme leader Kylo, or possibly GL Kenobi (depending how this all plays out) but as we see it now, SLKR has the most usage. GML is also a good option.
    2. Not sure what you mean by rush as f2p. You should focus on a single goal (especially when talking about a long term plan), otherwise you will not get there.
    5. GG or GK are the top right now, cant hurt to work on one of those. You need to consider what content you are doing and see what suits your guilds needs in TBs and such.
    7. Not really. Hea good but has low versatility.
    8. Not even close. You actually may want to share a little more insight into what game modes you like or want to do better in, that will help when asking for guidance.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    1. SLKR is the better all round GL. considering his path though, he takes alot longer than SEE (like 3-4 Months longer at the minimum), unless you are willing to buy the finalizer with crystals. But for that, you need at least good fleet arena placements, and you wont get thoose, if you pure rush SLKR.
    2. Personally i recommend getting one of the "big" Meta teams first (Padme/DR + Malak/GAS/JKR), that will keep your relevant in more game modes, give you a decent squad arena placement (top 50 at least, if you invest a bit into that team), and thus a good crystal income, that will accelerate your GL farm.
    3. Farm Geonosians. Farm vulture droid. Make absolutly sure you have 5 dark side ships at 4* ASAP, and 6 ships at 5*. Focus on gearing the Geonosians and tarkin. your goal is top 5 fleet arena placement by lvl 85. Focus the rest of the gear and credits on Nute (as a lead for your geos till 83) and your Jedi. keep farming zaalbar, bastila and jolee.
    4. yes. stop gearing stuff like bad batch, characters need to be 7* to be usefull, and you wont 7* bad batch for at least a year. focus on 2 teams for now, one light side, one dark side.
    5. if you want to get a GL ASAP, you want to focus on Malevolence. It requires less ressources than the negotiator.
    6. see above
    7. yes, he is. other than SLKR, he is the only GL i can recommend at all for a f2p player as their first GL. SLKR has better overall viability, SEE has the better path, gives you better teams on the way, and is faster.
    8. no. there are never too many questions.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    1. Which GL should I go after first?
    2. Should I rush a GL or go after some GH's and slowly work toward a GL?
    3. What would you recomend I do with my account as of where I am right now?
    4. Am I too wide spread?
    5. What fleet should I focus on?
    6. What team should I build up more?
    7. Is SEE going to be a good first GL to focus on?
    8. Is this too many questions?
    9. Why is it so easy to right so much about SWGOH?

Quick answers.
    1. SEE, he is the easiest to get as f2p (no ships needed)
    2. I'd probably finish your JKR, then go for DR and into Malak. After that for SEE (also smart if you do Geos and Padme). This will of course delay getting SEE but these would be 4 great teams (plus some okay OR ones)
    3. See above (+ get Thrawn / Palp using Phoenix but stop gearing PS once you have them both 7*)
    4. no need to level up your teams you are not using. Just focus on PS to get them to unlock the 2 empire toons, OR teams for JKR and Geos
    5. Geo fleet, under Tarkin. Plus you need 2 more DS ships for the zeta challenge on top of the 3 Geo ships
    6. Geos
    7. SEE, yes
    8. No
    9. Lots of content :)
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    1. SEE, he is the easiest to get as f2p (no ships needed)

Imp TIE Bomber says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    "Arva wrote: »
    "
    7. yes, he is. other than SLKR, he is the only GL i can recommend at all for a f2p player as their first GL. SLKR has better overall viability, SEE has the better path, gives you better teams on the way, and is faster.

There is a big difference between ftp and ftp beginner. I'm a ftp who plays for 3.5 years I think, maybe 4.5. And I'm going for kenobi if he doesn't require KAM or JML. And I don't think I'll regret that.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    9. Write down your password somewhere. Lol
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah starting over isn't worthwhile in this game :p everything you've accomplished on your main account helps propel you into greater power. Unless, of course, you intend to rely on winning the Squad Arena - and being f2p I wouldn't count on it, at least until you manage to rush a GL ;)
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    rushing malak will actually make you compete earlier in squad arena than going for a GL straight ahead.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Background info
    I recently noticed just how difficult it will be to rush GL's (GML, SEE, SLKR, Ray.)

tenor.gif?itemid=13169089

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    On my new account activated in January this year, it took just 12 weeks for the first GL to appear in squad arena.
    Four months in, Four relic 8 SLKRs, one relic 8 SEE, one relic 8 GAS, and a whole truckload of relic DR/Malaks
    The shard has 600+ hyperdrive bundle players.
    Fleet arena opened with 60+ hyperdrive fleets.

So in conclusion if you are Free to Play just do whatever. You aren't going to get anywhere with spenders who ALSO hoarded/leeched raids sitting in guilds for a year plus before opening squad arena.

I went for First Order via Geos plus a small investment in scoundrels/bh/smugglers for Credit Heist (which you need anyway for SLKR). I'm able to breach top 100 the odd time every week and get 5th in fleet but that's only the benefit of years of experience, new F2P players would really struggle in the current environment.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    On my new account activated in January this year, it took just 12 weeks for the first GL to appear in squad arena.
    Four months in, Four relic 8 SLKRs, one relic 8 SEE, one relic 8 GAS, and a whole truckload of relic DR/Malaks
    The shard has 600+ hyperdrive bundle players.
    Fleet arena opened with 60+ hyperdrive fleets.

So in conclusion if you are Free to Play just do whatever. You aren't going to get anywhere with spenders who ALSO hoarded/leeched raids sitting in guilds for a year plus before opening squad arena.

I went for First Order via Geos plus a small investment in scoundrels/bh/smugglers for Credit Heist (which you need anyway for SLKR). I'm able to breach top 100 the odd time every week and get 5th in fleet but that's only the benefit of years of experience, new F2P players would really struggle in the current environment.

Can you please explain how you were able to assess how many hyperdrive bundles were purchased in your shard or in your fleet shard?
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can you please explain how you were able to assess how many hyperdrive bundles were purchased in your shard or in your fleet shard?

As you start climbing up squad arena, you hit the hyperdrive wall where most teams are level 85. There are the odd holes here and there which are the scant few teams you have a chance of beating but around them, when you refresh the arena, you see level 85 accounts hemming them in.

When I hit level 28 I bought refreshes to climb to 5th. The shard was only about 3 days old (from initial creation) so I was kind of lucky there. One week later I was plodding around in rank 400. People were piling in buying hyperdrive bundles off the back of Mando season 2 with their Xmas cash. I'd say 600 is a conservative estimate. There's some guildies and discord friends with new accounts that say it's the same for them as well.

Fleet arena was the same thing, climbed to 3rd place on day 1. One week later only myself and another guy were F2P, the rest of the shard down to 50 was level 85 accounts. There's at least 50 hyperdrive bundles and enough movement to indicate a goodly amount underneath the top 50. Again, 60 is a conservative estimate.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Yeah, refreshing arena at ranks 600 to 1000 and seeing level 85 players every day for the first two months

Ok, but you understand that is not proof of what you are saying, right?
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ok, but you understand that is not proof of what you are saying, right?

Developers can use devtools to verify the numbers of hyperdrive accounts if they want to. I'm sure CG knows what the metrics are for hyperdrive sales, there isn't a conspiracy to get rid of, Kyno.