So... how about that Rex bug?

Prev1
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
edited April 2016
Ahsoka was found to be bugged after a big patch and was fixed in less than 24 hours.

A rather large Rex bug was found the same day and has yet to be acknowledged, let alone fixed.

What's taking so long on this one? He's clearly still not working as intended. :(

Edit: To clarify the bug in place, when you use the turn meter gain ability, non-clones will not gain turn meter unless a negative effect is dispelled off of at least one member of the team. If one effect is removed, the team will gain turn meter like normal. If no effects are removed, non-clones receive zero turn meter.

Essentially, you can't use this preemptively at the moment to prepare for incoming debuffs (because it grants Tenacity Up) as doing so will result in non clones not benefiting from the TM gain, which stinks.
Post edited by Naecabon on

Replies

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Maybe they don't know what's causing the bug lol
  • Options
    I too didn't understand why these fix time differences happened thinking any character should be fixable in a day.

The conclusion I've arrived at is that another developer created SWGOH but didn't finish it and that EA bought this incomplete product and passed it over to CG to finish. So now they are pulling apart another devs work and they don't have a full working knowledge of what the former devs did...
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Ahsoka was found to be bugged after a big patch and was fixed in less than 24 hours.

A rather large Rex bug was found the same day and has yet to be acknowledged, let alone fixed.

What's taking so long on this one? He's clearly still not working as intended. :(

You're playing a freemium model. You can't complain
    -Snake
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Snake wrote: »

While I'd love to agree with that, most freemium games fix bugs pretty quickly!
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options

Yea the ones that are a long term success. That's why I refuse to spend anymore money on this game.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »

Yea the ones that are a long term success. That's why I refuse to spend anymore money on this game.

Bugs mean people can complain to itunes and stuff for refunds based on "not working as intended" etc etc, which is why they usually get stamped out quickly!
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I too didn't understand why these fix time differences happened thinking any character should be fixable in a day.

The conclusion I've arrived at is that another developer created SWGOH but didn't finish it and that EA bought this incomplete product and passed it over to CG to finish. So now they are pulling apart another devs work and they don't have a full working knowledge of what the former devs did...

Outsourcing is very common. look at their credits page.
  • Options

Ouch. Funny. I hate that Rex bug though.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

It would be funnier if it was contextually accurate, but unfortunately it falls short of really making full sense given the circumstances. Regardless, 4/10
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Your reading comprehension is pretty poor if that's what you got out of Nae's post yesterday. If you did understand it and are just trolling: 3/10. Trolling in a manner that makes you look like you lack basic reading comprehension skills is fail.

On topic, I've been regularly bumping your original thread that @EA_Jesse posted in while also tagging @CG_RyDiggs . They don't seem willing to update us on the status of this. @CG_JohnSalera any word on where we are?
  • Options
    Bugs mean people can complain to itunes and stuff for refunds based on "not working as intended" etc etc, which is why they usually get stamped out quickly!

They've been lucky paying customers haven't used this loophole as often as they could. When bugs occur, the developer has a reasonable amount of time to fix it. If they don't, your request for a refund would stand as legitimate...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    What ability is not working as intended with Rex?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't grant any tm to non-clones unless they're debuffed.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The game is free2play but Rex was never free, if you got him 7* via chromium or aurodium you paid for him, so he should kind of get bumped up in the bug fix priority list IMO
    Post edited by Quicksilver on
  • Options
    It's when he uses his "squad discipline"
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    The game is free2play but Rex was never free, if you got him via chromium or aurodium you paid for him, so he should kind of get bumped up in the bug fix priority list IMO

I never really looked at it this way, but you are exactly right.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

It would be funnier if it was contextually accurate, but unfortunately it falls short of really making full sense given the circumstances. Regardless, 4/10

Just so you know, I really like you. I think you're smart and insightful and your threads and posts are always a must read. The whole "you have no right to complain about a game if it's a freemium model" made me scratch my head. I'm labeled a complainer but.... I don't complain about

1. GW
    2. Shard shop
    3. Cantina
    4. Light side battles
    5. Dark side battles
    6. Pvp
    7. Challenges
    8. Droid event
    9. Yoda event
    10. Shipments
    11. Nerfs/buffs
    12. I've never threatened to quit

What I do rail against

1. EA freemium tactics
    2. Affordability
    3. Bugs
    4. New content
    5 Moderators

There's no reason we can't get new and meaningful content and the bugs fixed and an affordable product.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Just so you know, I really like you. I think you're smart and insightful. The whole "you have no right to complain about a game if it's a freemium model" made me scratch my head. I'm labeled a complainer but.... I don't complain about

1. GW
    2. Shard shop
    3. Cantina
    4. Light side battles
    5. Dark side battles
    6. Pvp
    7. Challenges
    8. Droid event
    9. Yoda event
    10. Shipments
    11. Nerfs/buffs
    12. I've never threatened to quit

What I do rail against

1. EA freemium tactics
    2. Affordability
    3. Bugs
    4. New content
    5 Moderators

There's no reason we can't get new and meaningful content and the bugs fixed and an affordable product.

Not the point of this thread. Please don't derail it with a post that belongs in the thread you're referring to.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

1. EA freemium tactics
    2. Affordability

The point of my post was that you can't complain about freemium tactics if you're choosing to play a freemium game. That was all it was trying to say. You can't be surprised / upset about freemium implementations if you're knowingly choosing to play a freemium game. That's it.

Everything else is a separate topic. Something about bugs has nothing to do with the freemium model at all, two completely different things is all.
  • Options
    Ok. I really do hope they fix this Rex bug. He is so close to being a top character.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    He doesn't grant any tm to non-clones unless they're debuffed.

For non-clones do only the debuffed toons get the tm or does everyone get it as long as one toon is debuffed ?
  • Options
    Rex's Squad Discipline description (level 8):
    Dispel all negative status effects on all allies and grant them Tenacity Up for 3 turns. Clone allies gain 60% Turn Meter, plus an additional 10% Turn Meter for each effect dispelled this way, and other allies gain half that amount.

There are two ways to interpret this:
    • Non-Clone members gain half of 60% base TM + half of additional TM through dispelled effects
    • Non-Clone members gain half of Additional TM through dispelled effects

Now the problem:
    Rex's Squad Discipline only gives non-clone members turn meter boost if at least one negative effect was dispelled, and when this occurs, non-clones gain full amount of TM rather than half.

To fix this, we need a clarification on Squad Discipline, then address the turn meter problem accordingly. But I am afraid the "fix" will be consider a "nerf" again when it actually happens.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rex's Squad Discipline description (level 8):
    Dispel all negative status effects on all allies and grant them Tenacity Up for 3 turns. Clone allies gain 60% Turn Meter, plus an additional 10% Turn Meter for each effect dispelled this way, and other allies gain half that amount.

There are two ways to interpret this:
    • Non-Clone members gain half of 60% base TM + half of additional TM through dispelled effects
    • Non-Clone members gain half of Additional TM through dispelled effects

Now the problem:
    Rex's Squad Discipline only gives non-clone members turn meter boost if at least one negative effect was dispelled, and when this occurs, non-clones gain full amount of TM rather than half.

To fix this, we need a clarification on Squad Discipline, then address the turn meter problem accordingly. But I am afraid the "fix" will be consider a "nerf" again when it actually happens.

+1

If the dev team is dragging their feet on this issue, it's possible that there is a design flaw rather than a bug.

It will be really sad that Rex's not the game changing toon that some people who dropped the cash imagine him to be. It happens often.

It will be best if people actually test the toon before they invest more money in it in future. For instance, get the four star version and test if before dropping more money to get it to 7 star.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    But at least devs could have the decency to answer if YES or NO this is a bug...

Same thing as nuke leader skill.. Is it normal he gives TM to any crit (no matter if he is stealth or no) but then again this has been reported countless time and devs DONT answer so we dont even know if its a bug or a poor wording...

Customer service is really not their strong suit!

So let me be crystal clear

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_RyDiggs

When will you answer to all those issues where we point out that an ability is not working as described BUT we dont know if its a bug or a poor wording of the description???
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry I derailed the thread. Was just joking. Was going to say that much earlier but I had to work for a few hours.

I certainly believe bugs should be identified and fixed
    -Snake
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    But at least devs could have the decency to answer if YES or NO this is a bug...

Same thing as nuke leader skill.. Is it normal he gives TM to any crit (no matter if he is stealth or no) but then again this has been reported countless time and devs DONT answer so we dont even know if its a bug or a poor wording...

Customer service is really not their strong suit!

So let me be crystal clear

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_RyDiggs

When will you answer to all those issues where we point out that an ability is not working as described BUT we dont know if its a bug or a poor wording of the description???

Well said Mara.
  • Options
    Well obviously they won't answer, they hate whales. Almost everything they do is against whales in some way. Your advantage means less and less every day.
    Reverse psychology I hope. Hopefully a dev will post now just to spite me.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Well obviously they won't answer, they hate whales. Almost everything they do is against whales in some way. Your advantage means less and less every day.

Well played. ;)
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Well played. ;)

I am actually serious though. The whale advantage is very, very minimal if it even exists.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I remember reading reddit that there was a Dev on "https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/new/" that said he was in charge of the txt/wording aspect of the game, thou I can't seem to find him now, does anyone else remember his name ?? Subreddit Dev's im-not-really-a-jedi & Swivel ??

Thx for the Heads Up Telaan
    Quote of the Day "Put that