No Balance in the Force

Kisakee
1648 posts Member
edited May 2021
There is no balance in the force, it's getting crooked more and more.

Right now we're having 121 LS toons but only 85, that's almost a 3/2 ratio. With the announced GL Kenobi and Commander Tano it's getting even worse.

Why is it that way? Why can't we get more Dark Side toons? Is it CG's fault or Disney's as they give the orders? I get it the game is named "Galaxy of Heroes" but come one, there's just too many Jedi, Rebel scum and others.
"Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I was looking at my friend's Conquest last month and he did 0 battles with full Light Side squads. The Dark Side is strong enough to compensate for fewer characters :D
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Dark Side has a large majority on the best heroes in the game for some reason
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Might be time to start looking at your LS OP.

But also you ignore that there will be a DS GL following this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Might be time to start looking at your LS OP.
    No need to bring a gun to a birthday party, wrong place for you.
    But also you ignore that there will be a DS GL following this one.
    So 2 confirmed upcoming LS toons vs 1 yet to announce DS is changing what exactly? That's an even worse ratio.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Well also there's the "who cares?" argument.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Did you run out of DS TB teams? There's another half of the game you can play (well, almost 2/3, not half).
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Did you run out of DS TB teams? There's another half of the game you can play (well, almost 2/3, not half).
    Actually that's somewhat the case but don't worry, i'm working towards BB right now so i still have things to do. But all of this isn't part of this thread, it's just about an unbalance in the game in general that i dislike.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Me? For all further "I'm going to say things that don't contribute to the thread other than questioning it and i'll mock with OP"stuff just please hold it.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Me? For all further "I'm going to say things that don't contribute to the thread other than questioning it and i'll mock with OP"stuff just please hold it.

Ok fine.

Right now if we're at 121/85 that's 1.4235294.
    After nuKen, CAT, and nuDSGL, that's 123/86 which is 1.430232.

"It's getting even worse" is barely even technically correct.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Ok fine.

Everything going closer to 2.0 instead of 1.0 is worse than before even if it's only in the slightest so my point still stands.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Ok fine.

Everything going closer to 2.0 instead of 1.0 is worse than before even if it's only in the slightest so my point still stands.

If it drops to 1.4210447 will you thank CG?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    If it drops to 1.4210447 will you thank CG?
    If it drops to 1.2 i will restore my faith in them.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    Options
    the game is named "Galaxy of Heroes"

Wait, you're complaining that there are more heroes than villains in the game, then using the name "Galaxy of Heroes" to somehow prove that they're doing it wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVejEB5uVk

• TargetEadu
    1577 posts Member
    Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I was looking at my friend's Conquest last month and he did 0 battles with full Light Side squads. The Dark Side is strong enough to compensate for fewer characters :D

... while an excellent accomplishment, that’s gotta hurt for feats.

I’m also thinking both a DS GL and a Conquest Maul are coming this way, so keep those in mind.
  • Options
    There are a lot more light side characters in the fiction. To get to even 85 DS toons they've had to scrape the barrel for one-scene bootlickers like Starck.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    There are a lot more light side characters in the fiction. To get to even 85 DS toons they've had to scrape the barrel for one-scene bootlickers like Starck.

Except we still don't have a lot of DS characters more prominent than that. TCW has a whole lot of minor named villains, there's the whole Inquisition, multiple trooper variants, Snoke, Hondo... The barrel is far from empty.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It’s outrageous. It’s unfair!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Right now we're having 121 LS toons but only 85, that's almost a 3/2 ratio. With the announced GL Kenobi and Commander Tano it's getting even worse.

Why is it that way? Why can't we get more Dark Side toons? Is it CG's fault or Disney's as they give the orders? I get it the game is named "Galaxy of Heroes" but come one, there's just too many Jedi, Rebel scum and others.

Why does it have to be someone's fault?

Generally speaking the DS tends to be more populated with generic "soldier" types and sprinkled in with some great bad guy characters (many of which from the main stream are represented in game), while the LS tends to have fewer numbers with more of them being "key people". This is generally speaking from the main source materials they tend to stick with right now.
  • Options
    They have said they want to do more season 7 so it's possible mandalore maul will be the next conquest reward after CAT. But I agree more dark side characters would be good
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

If no one is to blame it's harder to complain.
  • Options

I think you underestimate the power of the complaining side.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s outrageous. It’s unfair!

Take a seat....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I think you underestimate the power of the complaining side.

Complaining leads to salt, salt leads to sand, and sand...is like complaining... coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Until we get a series with dark side people as the protagonist, meeting up other evil people, we will always have more heroes than villains

The pool of characters (especially popular ones) to choose from in Star Wars universe has more light side than dark side, so arguing that we need more dark side characters is pretty moot
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It just is someones "fault", someone is making decisions. Decisions i'm not happy about. That's just personal preference and expression of my feelings.
    Ultra wrote: »
    Until we get a series with dark side people as the protagonist, meeting up other evil people, we will always have more heroes than villains

The pool of characters (especially popular ones) to choose from in Star Wars universe has more light side than dark side, so arguing that we need more dark side characters is pretty moot
    There are a lot of fleshed out characters with enough screentime to make a kit of. In Rebels we have lots of Imperials like Kallus and Price, in Clones Wars there are so many Droids, Clones and other Galactic Republic characters to pull from. Even the Han Solo Movie is having Beckett let alone Saw Gerrera as anti-hero in multiple films/ shows now.

There are more than enough opportunities, it's just all about decisions.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    LSTB is more end game content than DSTB, so we need more gudder LS toons.

Well, we meaning "most of us" of course.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

You need almost double the number of LS toons just because LS TB is harder than DS? If that's your argument the consequence would be that we need harder DS content to get more DS toons. Do i have to point out how much of a joke that is?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

You need almost double the number of LS toons just because LS TB is harder than DS? If that's your argument the consequence would be that we need harder DS content to get more DS toons. Do i have to point out how much of a joke that is?

You should read better.