Magmatrooper 7* ?

Onetime7979
1012 posts Member
edited April 2016
Has anyone got Magmatrooper to 7* yet

Is he viable in Most teams in arena? as mine is only 5* at the moment but was thinking about getting him Fully Geared and put him in my Squad any help would be great!

My arena squad:

Leader: Dooku 7*

- Lumi 7*
- GS 7*
- QGJ 6*
- Captain Phasma 7*

Toons I'm looking to Introduce to my Team

Savage 5*
Magma 5*

also got poe at 6*

Not sure if he will fit in my Team? (Magma) or can savage Come in at 6/7*???

Thx.

Replies

• bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Staring him up is easy it's the gearing him that will take forever
    So think most people don't want to spend all the investment (time and effort) for him not to be as good as he sounds. Although I do use him in darkside battles as his double hit basic hits twice everytime.
  • Options
    But his double hit is still weaker than most characters single hit. He hits like rg.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I encountered him in Squad Arena(5*), but his specials get resisted as his potency is ****,but other than that, he hits a little harder than Barris and has a decent health pool. Oh yes, he also is hard to synergise as there aren't too many Empire squad synergies that are F2P
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Ewwwww, I was about to start farming him in a few days once IG-86 is finished up.
  • Options
    Okay seems i wasted my Time could of had my ig-86 at 7* S happens i guess
  • Options
    I saw him at 5* in the arena today, so had to attack him a few times to see whether he was good or not. His AOE turn-reduction is really annoying. But from what I saw on his damage, he was not really a threat.

I am farming him myself though, so I hope he could be good. But I think it will need a good team to synergize with. Just not sure what it would be, yet..
  • Options
    he's one of those characters that's almost viable, but not quite. his attacks just aren't quite powerful enough. also, his aoe can't crit. it ignores armor, so shows up as a white number. white numbers can't crit.

he might become viable at 80, with new gear tiers, and the meta change update.
  • Options
    I do not see this character as viable.
  • Options
    Yeah I got him to 5* sadly and gave up cause of the comments
  • Options
    I think he will be fine in an all empire team with Vader as a lead giving a nice boost there.

Vader
    Magma
    Storm
    RG
    Tarkin/Veers/Snow