Just Over A Year of Progress

Old_Ben12345
399 posts Member
edited May 2021
Hello everyone. Just in case anyone would be interested in this, I decided to show my one year progress. Hopefully some newer players might find this interesting.

I picked up this game about a year ago. (beginning of May last year) For a few weeks I just did my own thing, you know, gearing up Clone Wars Chewie and the like. Then I happened to find AhnaldT101's guide for new players, and somewhat followed that for a long time (I guess I kinda still am since I'm going for GAS). I started farming up some Separatists. I farmed my Seps for most of the time leading up to level 85. I did start farming Geos on the side around level 70-80, mostly for the ships. (looking back, I wish I had just started out with geos, since they do everything the regular Seps can do, plus have great ships.)

I unlocked Padme just after reaching level 85. I wasn't able to do 7* right away, but I added a little more gear on them, plus a zeta on Nute and I was fine. Here's what I used for that event: zetaNute g9 (lead), g11 Magnaguard, g11 Dooku, g10 Ventress, g9 B2.

I spent a while gearing up my new Padme team, by November I had my first relic (JKA) then by March I had the rest of the team g13, minus Ahsoka, but plus a few other characters like Vader. Around the December/January area, I unlocked JKR, didn't gear them that much, since I had other projects, and my relic GMY can carry that team.

Unlocking Malevolence was huge. I was able to crack top 50 with my Geos + Hounds Tooth fleet, but since I got Mal, I can get top 5 easily, now that my fleet is almost maxed, I can always get #1 if I have enough time.

For the past 2 months or so, I've been farming for GAS. Hopefully by the end of the summer he'll be mine.

https://swgoh.gg/p/252191742/

Best tips for other new players are to focus on ships, focus the teams you're farming, and get in a good guild.

Pictures:
dcghjtl92q5h.png
x0qikoi2n29k.png
mhikoq7fbqmr.png
56id7usj36ci.png
bmmtmdv1c8ms.png
ldixx3mw0sok.png

TL;DR Just look at the pictures
Post edited by Old_Ben12345 on

Replies

• Options
    What is your system to farming G12-13 pieces?
  • z4ch
    1 posts Member
    Options
    how did you have most of the team reliced just 2 months after jka
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Very interesting. Good going, you’re building good squads and roster, soon you’ll have many bits and bobs of many other cool characters and some GL’s.

Takes a lot of focus and patience to do that in a year. Be interested to know if you were 100% FTP or if you bought some crystals from time to time.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Basically I only gear one toon at a time. For example, a bit ago, I decided to take my Geo Brood Alpha from gear 11 to 12, so I can start getting wat shards. Until I finished with taking him to g12, I didnt' spend any energy on gear for anyone else. And almost all of my Shard shop, most of my guild currency went towards his gear. Now that I'm done, I have a new character that I'm gearing. (C3PO) Hopefully that made sense.

Also, in the pictures you can see that for my g12 characters, I can put their left side pieces on. This has slowly accumulated over past Sith Raids and TW's/TB's. But I'm not putting that gear on, I'm saving it for when I'm actually focusing on gearing someone to g13, in case they need that gear. Plus, putting it on would just bloat GP and not benefit me that much.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    z4ch wrote: »
    how did you have most of the team reliced just 2 months after jka

My bad. I meant 4-5 months after. I did take some time to gear other characters, like JKR, Bastila, Jolee. Farming only g13 gear would get so boring lol. I edited the original post.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Very interesting. Good going, you’re building good squads and roster, soon you’ll have many bits and bobs of many other cool characters and some GL’s.

Takes a lot of focus and patience to do that in a year. Be interested to know if you were 100% FTP or if you bought some crystals from time to time.

Thanks! Yeah, I played daily for the longest time. In the past 6 months or so I've settled down, though, and play about 5 days a week.

No, I haven't spent any money. All of this is grinded out lol
  • Options

Basically I only gear one toon at a time. For example, a bit ago, I decided to take my Geo Brood Alpha from gear 11 to 12, so I can start getting wat shards. Until I finished with taking him to g12, I didnt' spend any energy on gear for anyone else. And almost all of my Shard shop, most of my guild currency went towards his gear. Now that I'm done, I have a new character that I'm gearing. (C3PO) Hopefully that made sense.

Also, in the pictures you can see that for my g12 characters, I can put their left side pieces on. This has slowly accumulated over past Sith Raids and TW's/TB's. But I'm not putting that gear on, I'm saving it for when I'm actually focusing on gearing someone to g13, in case they need that gear. Plus, putting it on would just bloat GP and not benefit me that much.

Thanks. I’ve got a few G12s, and I haven’t seen any good guides for G13 farms
  • Options

Thanks! Yeah, I played daily for the longest time. In the past 6 months or so I've settled down, though, and play about 5 days a week.

That’s really impressive you’ve progressed that far in a year. When I started I definitely didn’t do that much, and I didn’t really have a definite goal. Great job
  • Options
    JainaSolo wrote: »

That’s really impressive you’ve progressed that far in a year. When I started I definitely didn’t do that much, and I didn’t really have a definite goal. Great job

Well, it is a month over one year. One month ago, I had at least 3 less gear 12's, and 2 less g11's.
    But thanks. Having definite goals is super super important for new players.
  • Options

Thanks. I’ve got a few G12s, and I haven’t seen any good guides for G13 farms

Yeah, just don't put on any g12 or g13 gear until you are actively farming the gear for them. I mostly take it one team at a time, and split that into one characer, each gear level at a time.
  • Options

One piece of advice, though you are very right in generally not bloating your GP with gear, your Geos will benefit greatly in DSTB from equipping the left side medpack that boosts health, since they share a health pool, helps keep those pesky AOE attacks at bay. (and GBA is worth grinding to g13, since the summoned brute is based on it’s stats, you are essentially gearing 2 characters for the price of one)
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

One piece of advice, though you are very right in generally not bloating your GP with gear, your Geos will benefit greatly in DSTB from equipping the left side medpack that boosts health, since they share a health pool, helps keep those pesky AOE attacks at bay. (and GBA is worth grinding to g13, since the summoned brute is based on it’s stats, you are essentially gearing 2 characters for the price of one)

That's some good advice. Greatly appreciated, thank you! I probably won't get GBA up to gear 13 right now, since I've got B1 and Droideka/B2 that I want to relic soon for Clash on Kamino.
    Very timely advice as well, since I will be doing my first Wat mission this TB!
    Thanks!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    g12 gear pieces are pretty cheap in terms of XP so don't let that deter you from applying them. They are of course resource-intensive so that may reasonable grounds for hesitating, particularly on the right-side pieces.
  • IrieLion
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I’m hitting my 5 month mark since starting(late December). I too followed Ahnaldt101, started with separatists, but quickly switched gears to farming Phoenix as he recommended for 2021. So got them up just high enough to get Palp and Thrawn to 7 stars. About level 80 gear 9 and 8, few omegas was all that was needed. Built an empire team Palp, Vader, Thrawn,Tarkin, TFP. Used them to unlock R2D2. Switched Focus onto Jedi to unlock GMY. Farmed Bastila to lead a team of Jedi for squad arena which still using. Had all 4 heroes unlocked before hitting lvl 85. I was on the fence of going between JKR next, or CLS. For some reason I went to CLS. Currently have him at gr11 and 1 zeta. (But kind of useless right now). Am currently grinding an Ewok team for C3PO. Next will be Bounty hunters for Chewie. Han is unlocked and I’m farming 3bacca when I have extra energy. But this is A LONG grind. JKR would be done by know with a solid team of Jedi to put him with...Maybe CLS will pay in the end.? One thing I regret is not focusing on Dark side ships. I do ok in fleet, but still have not unlocked the zeta mat challenge in ships... The separatists route seems like a good balanced way to start between ships and squads looking back.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    g12 gear pieces are pretty cheap in terms of XP so don't let that deter you from applying them. They are of course resource-intensive so that may reasonable grounds for hesitating, particularly on the right-side pieces.

Yeah, the right side pieces are tough to get.
    I mostly don't put the left side pieces on, because I don't want to use them all up and then need them for someone that I'm actually trying to get to gear 13. Thanks!
  • Options
    IrieLion wrote: »
    I’m hitting my 5 month mark since starting(late December). I too followed Ahnaldt101, started with separatists, but quickly switched gears to farming Phoenix as he recommended for 2021. So got them up just high enough to get Palp and Thrawn to 7 stars. About level 80 gear 9 and 8, few omegas was all that was needed. Built an empire team Palp, Vader, Thrawn,Tarkin, TFP. Used them to unlock R2D2. Switched Focus onto Jedi to unlock GMY. Farmed Bastila to lead a team of Jedi for squad arena which still using. Had all 4 heroes unlocked before hitting lvl 85. I was on the fence of going between JKR next, or CLS. For some reason I went to CLS. Currently have him at gr11 and 1 zeta. (But kind of useless right now). Am currently grinding an Ewok team for C3PO. Next will be Bounty hunters for Chewie. Han is unlocked and I’m farming 3bacca when I have extra energy. But this is A LONG grind. JKR would be done by know with a solid team of Jedi to put him with...Maybe CLS will pay in the end.? One thing I regret is not focusing on Dark side ships. I do ok in fleet, but still have not unlocked the zeta mat challenge in ships... The separatists route seems like a good balanced way to start between ships and squads looking back.

CLS is really good. I would place a priority on unlocking Chewie. Getting him, 3PO, and 3bacca will help that team so much. They get really good with the full ideal team, especially at higher gear levels.