Should I keep going for JML or swap focus to GAS?

I have been focused on unlocking JML and have 6/15 requirements done with four more just needing a couple of relics on them, However I have also been slowly working on my Galactic Republic Fleet and just managed to get through phase one of the GAS event but my characters aren't quite good enough to get through phase two let alone three as they are. And while I know GAS works well in a JML lineup. I am not sure if I should just go ahead and get GAS now or wait until after I JML to get him and would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Also, I am F2P and primarily focused on Conquest and Grand Arena and my Swgoh.gg link is https://swgoh.gg/p/167348341

Replies

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    How much GET do you have?
    If u get GAS, can u bringt him to 7*?
    If yes, then i would go for GAS first, because all clones are on 7* and just need a bit gear to make a Real good Team!

I unlocked JML 4 weeks ago and i thought i would have him in January.
    Getting a GL is a real slow farm and Also having all toons ready wont bring you JML. tickets and completing the Tiers.

For JML you are probably still 6 months away.
    ( dont know anything about your crystals or savings)
  • Options
    I currently have 61.3k GET so while i wouldn't be able to immediately take him 7* i'd be pretty close. As for JML, while i knew that he would be a slow farm, I had completely forgotten about the tickets/tier system, which means i am farther off than I thought so I guess I will go ahead and focus on GAS. Thanks for Replying!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    GAS is required on the most optimal JML teams so it might be worth at least unlocking him.

I took a break between SLKR and JML because the grind is a real fun drag. During that break I focused two months on my Sep droids and GR fleet/toons and unlocked GAS.

Definitely worth it.
  • Options
    GAS is also a good SLKR counter
    GAS 5s Chew 3po han
  • Options
    If you get GAS and relic his 501st team you WILL start to be matched with opponents that have a GL quite often in GAC.

I recommend getting JML first.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    If you get GAS and relic his 501st team you WILL start to be matched with opponents that have a GL quite often in GAC.

I recommend getting JML first.

I was matched in GAC with people that didn't even have GAS for a good 4 months after getting Rey.
    And 90% of my opponents still don't have a GL - 8ish months later.
    In fact, I think I've only been matched against 4 people that have GLs despite having one.

A single team is rarely going to make or break your matchmaking. If you have relic JKR/DR/GAS/Padme/GG/Vader teams? Yeah. But GLs bloat your top GP by absurd amounts, which prevents most people below the 5M GP mark from really ever being matched against one without an equally top-heavy roster.

Even if you get matched with someone with one with a roster like TC's, you're probably still going to have a better overall roster and performance, because they'd have to have next to nothing else reliced.