Next unassuming character to get an RG type buff?

Chef5
369 posts Member
The developers took one of the worst characters in the game and made him one of the best characters after one update. It's kind of funny, possibly to encourage character pack spending or maybe a good sense of humor? Whatever the reason I don't think this may be the first that will get a buff like this.

So which unassuming character do you think will be getting the next RG type buff?

maybe CUP?

Replies

• Options
    I want Ugnaught or Maul to get one (Maul doesn't need a super buff, but a unique one. If his health or speed is increased by a flat rate, then the devs run the risk of making him op).
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    The developers took one of the worst characters in the game and made him one of the best characters after one update. It's kind of funny, possibly to encourage character pack spending or maybe a good sense of humor? Whatever the reason I don't think this may be the first that will get a buff like this.

So which unassuming character do you think will be getting the next RG type buff?

maybe CUP?

I don't think the devs will buff any characters that's an easy farm to the degree of rg.
    Pretty positive that will never happen.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught would be another contender. It's be funny if the developers took character nobody wanted and made it meta every April 1st.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »

maybe CUP?

Excluding the Yoda Wall Smack in EP3, RG was at least an imposing and feared character in canon. I'd look for another character of that nature vs. Ugnaught or CUP.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I vote JKG, and she will get a similar taunt.
  • Options
    Mob enforcer seems very similar to RG to me. Instead of taunting though she has a 55% chance to get offense up instead of taunt. Useless now, but giving her a taunt could make her a more easily farmed alternative for non whales.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully the next character they give a buff too is Plo Koon. He's a powerful Jedi master and hardly viable in the game and definitely not good in squad arena.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Seku wrote: »
    Hopefully the next character they give a buff too is Plo Koon. He's a powerful Jedi master and hardly viable in the game and definitely not good in squad arena.

+999999999999999999999999999
  • Options
    I was looking at him before the patch and to my surprise his speed actually DROPPED from 120 to 114. I guess this was done to make his level 8 Take Charge not meta worthy?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Seku wrote: »

I read that Plo Koon was considered by many to be the natural heir to Yoda as future Grand Master of the order.

Just the ability that this guy could produce a Light Side version of Force Lightning is pretty dang spectacular.
  • Drexnaw
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they buff chewbacca a little bit. I miss using him and he's just way to slow, he either needs to attack faster or hit harder Cus right now he's stuck with a slow and weak attack :p
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Drexnaw wrote: »
    I hope they buff chewbacca a little bit. I miss using him and he's just way to slow, he either needs to attack faster or hit harder Cus right now he's stuck with a slow and weak attack :p

Chewie is a starter character and is built to make you crave better.

With defense getting a fix, and the balance pass, stealth may become much more viable, which will, in turn, make PK more viable. He doesn't need much, and a taunt would make him OP. He needs maybe 20% more Potency, and his Buff should affect Jedi as well as Clones.

The most likely candidate for a taunt/overhaul (among Jedi, at least) is the JKG. Being an easy farm makes her available to all, so no favoritism.

Among the other Tribes, there may be some candidates for a taunt upgrade: Stormtrooper, FO Stormtrooper, Mob Enforcer, and IG-100. Of those, we know that Droids, the Empire, and Scoundrels already have a taunt, leaving only FOST. The problem with him is that he JUST got changed with the Advantage redesign.

As far as adding a taunt somewhere, I only see JKG as an option.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Nonemo dang really! Haha then he should definitely be buffed! I have him at 5* but I only use him in the tank challenge. Sometimes in galactic war but only if it comes down to that.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Mob enforcer