Kit Concept: Clone Captain - Phase 1

Lttsumm1743
84 posts Member
edited May 2021
Name: Clone Captain - Phase 1
Tags: Light Side, Healer, Clone Trooper

Basic: Aggressive Move.

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, and reduce their turn meter by 10%. if this reduces their turn meter to 0%, then inflict speed down for 2 turns.
Phase 1 bonus: Clone Captain recovers 10% health

Special 1: Gunship Support (Cooldown 5)
Deal Physical damage to all enemies, and inflict defense down on them for 2 turns. enemies that take damage also inflict with healing immunity for 2 turns. Revive a random defeated ally at full health and 25% protection. each ally can only be revived by this ability once if this attack does not revive an ally, it has a cooldown of 3 instead. if the revived ally has the phase 1 buff, they assist and then take a bonus turn.

Special 2: Bacta Bomb (Cooldown 4)
All allies recover 45% health. if the health they recover brings them to 100% health, and there is still healing left, it recovers protection instead. Clone Trooper allies can not be prevented from recovering health if they have the Phase 1 buff.

Unique 1: Clone Medic
Clone Captain - Phase 1 has a bonus 5% health and speed for each clone trooper ally with Phase 1 in their name. Clone Captain - Phase 1 recovers 7% health at the start of any ally's turn. Clone Captain - Phase 1 gains the unique Phase 1 buff at the start of the battle, and can not have it dispelled.

Unique 2: Captain's orders.
Whenever an ally is brought to 30% health, they and the clone captain gain stealth and speed down for 2 turns. when they lose stealth, they recover 30% health and protection.

To explain a few things: why is this a healer, why not make a separate kit for clone medic?
Because the medics are in the same armor as the captain, and I want the phase 1 clone team to be like the Geonosians, they have exactly what they need, only five characters that cover most of what the bugs need to work together well. the captain has nothing unique about them, so I combined te medic and the captain

what is the phase 1 buff?
Phase 1: This unit has a bonus 20% offense and defense. interacts with certain abilities

other questions? comments? concerns? (yeah i know its a bit of an overdone healer, but I can make changes according to what you critic)
Post edited by Lttsumm1743 on

Replies

• Options
    I'll red the kit tommorow and comment
  • Options
    Pretty creative, sounds like a fun kit. First thing I noticed is that it doesn't look like he has Uniques, but the second set of specials should be uniques, not specials
  • Options
    For "Clone medic", I would change it to where instead of gaining buffs for every character with phase 1 in the name, add a phase 1 tag and reword it as "Clone Captain-Phase 1 gains (buffs) for every Phase 1 ally."
  • Options
    I'd also make it where you add the phase one buffs at the end of every ability like you did on the first. For example, Bacta Bomb you should format as
    "Ability description
    Phase 1 bonus: This effect is unpreventable"
  • Options
    I also don't see how you grant the phase 1 ability
  • Options
    Pretty creative, sounds like a fun kit. First thing I noticed is that it doesn't look like he has Uniques, but the second set of specials should be uniques, not specials

oops, that's my bad. typo
  • Options
    I also don't see how you grant the phase 1 ability

each clone trooper grants it to them self.
  • Options
    Okay,
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    What is a Phase I ally, by the way?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I only saw one other one on his profile
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

its the phase 1 clones think of the ones from Geonosis territory battles and PvE battles on locations like coruscant. the clone commanders, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, and privates
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

its the phase 1 clones think of the ones from Geonosis territory battles and PvE battles on locations like coruscant. the clone commanders, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, and privates

But it is not an actual faction. So that could lead to players assuming that any Clone Trooper could be Phase 1 if they don't know what Phase 1 looks like.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    If you are going to add Phase 1 synergy, at least give Clone Captain and Clone Commander a Phase 1 tag.

• Options
    If you are going to add Phase 1 synergy, at least give Clone Captain and Clone Commander a Phase 1 tag.

you're right, that's probably a good idea