Is the content already to much?

Prev1
Sacred_Chao
25 posts Member
edited June 2021
I feel like the conentent we have in this game is already to much.
I am running one account and the daily time investment to finish the stuff that is beginning to feel like a burden - not like the fun it used to be.
There is not a single day where I think it could be a little more, but nearly every day now I feel like 'do I really have to do that as well'

Am I alone? Or are others feeling the same way?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you if you feel like it is too much content is to simply not play some of it. Some days I do feel this game fatigue so I have decided Grand Arena is that mode I am cutting out. I will join, set toughest defense available (this allows players to be challenged if they love the mode instead of a simple auto-deploy) and leave it alone from there. Getting minimum rewards by doing very little is an acceptable outcome for my time saved.

Individual events are definitely the route to leave behind if you are feeling the fatigue but want to keep playing. Other modes you can potentially cut out are raids (assuming your guild completes them easily) & TW (if your guild allows). You will lose the rewards and fall behind others making these choices, but you can still play in a fashion you see fit for your real life.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    will join, set toughest defense available (this allows players to be challenged if they love the mode instead of a simple auto-deploy) and leave it alone from there.

Yeah sure if they save everything for offense. Do you let them know ahead of time?

I don't know the right answer for those that join and then don't play the mode, but this is even worse than autodeploy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    will join, set toughest defense available (this allows players to be challenged if they love the mode instead of a simple auto-deploy) and leave it alone from there.

Yeah sure if they save everything for offense. Do you let them know ahead of time?

I don't know the right answer for those that join and then don't play the mode, but this is even worse than autodeploy.

A win is a win. Players are free to play how they like. If I let them know, not everyone will believe those anyway since others lie in their messages. Many don’t join, so I gave up on that.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    If a win is a win, why not post junk and let them work on feats?

You posting all your best means 99% of people will not have anywhere enough to clear so you're just taking banners away from them because you want rewards for doing nothing.

It's too bad there's no way to prevent people like you from joining in the first place.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Ahh, so you prefer handouts? I see.

But seriously, I don’t have tabs for garbage squads and thus would create more time in placing those teams. I’m trying to save time. If auto-deploy seems better to you, then I can simply do that from now on.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

But seriously, I don’t have tabs for garbage squads and thus would create more time in placing those teams. I’m trying to save time. If auto-deploy seems better to you, then I can simply do that from now on.

It does, because at least a person actually playing the mode has a chance to clear.

Creating tabs for garbage takes five minutes once and then after that it takes exactly as long to place as your best D.

But again, you shouldn't join for your do nothing handout, should you?
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options

You posting all your best means 99% of people will not have anywhere enough to clear so you're just taking banners away from them because you want rewards for doing nothing.

It's too bad there's no way to prevent people like you from joining in the first place.

You are trying to blame players instead of developers who created such obviously flawed scoring system? Isn't it a bit... illogical? :)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone see the original topic any where?
    I'm sure I saw it in this thread somewhere but it seems to have meandered off ... or others have, anyway.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

It does, because at least a person actually playing the mode has a chance to clear.

Creating tabs for garbage takes five minutes once and then after that it takes exactly as long to place as your best D.

But again, you shouldn't join for your do nothing handout, should you?

And miss out on the minimum reward? Don’t think so bud. Playing this way is definitely acceptable. If you prefer the mode, congratulations. A significant portion of the community does not and that is fine.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

You are trying to blame players instead of developers who created such obviously flawed scoring system? Isn't it a bit... illogical? :)

The players have control of their actions. So yeah, I blame them for doing things they don't have to that screw over other plaers.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Borat wrote: »

Your logic in this thread is way off. Why would setting hard D and not playing be any different than setting hard D and Playing.

It's not "hard D" it's "everything I have on D" so if you tried that and actually played you'd get nowhere on offense. That person is not trying win at all, that's the difference, they're just being lazy for free rewards.
    the rewards in GAC are garbage so that is one event the OP should cut out. Just join and either auto set or set your own D and collect the garbage.

If it's garbage, don't join.

Rest of your post is nonsense.
  • Options
    The issue with "simply do nothing" is that you can not keep up with others.

Having that much content in the gme that you neccessarily have to invest hours every day is not the best way to keept this game attractive
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    If I had to pick one thing to cut out from a reward standpoint, I'd probably let go of TW. Depends on how much time investment your guild requires with it of course.

Auto as much as you can.

The big thing you can do is let go of the idea that you have to "keep up with others." You can play your own pace and not worry about rewards so much. Yeah you'll drop in arenas and stuff but if you're feeling the squeeze trying to keep up is the part you should cut out.
  • Options
    If you have to invest hours daily, you might be doing something wrong.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I see your edit. It’s really just too bad you get so pouty about it. If you like the mode, then enjoy the diversity of opponents you face.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    lol
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you need to invest hours just to remain competitive. Maybe at first you might feel like you need to but once you've settled into a Guild that suits you adn you can auto all your farming, the time sink becomes a lot less.
    The problem is, I think, that there is so much that you CAN do that some people feel you HAVE to do it. But you don't. Today, for example, there's a Galactic Challenge with the daftly powerful Sniper Droid who is damaging characters who are normally immune to damage - so you can either spend ages figuring out how to beat it and get the feats or just shrug and say "meh" and wait for a Challenge with less broken mechanics.
    You don't have to try and do it just because it's there.
  • Options

I see your edit. It’s really just too bad you get so pouty about it. If you like the mode, then enjoy the diversity of opponents you face.

So which is it then?
    It's for their benefit, or
    You're being "diverse"
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

So which is it then?
    You're being "diverse"

These are not exclusive. Can be both. Nor do I want to derail the conversation any further.

To OP, choose the events you play. “Keeping up” is a concept in your own head. There are numerous ways to play without being a detriment in your time management. Diverse approaches to the game exist and they are all acceptable (even if some disagree with the methods). It’s your time, your life and your enjoyment you should focus on whether in the game or not. Someone calling another “lazy” in a forum thread should not affect how you decide what to do.
  • Options

So which is it then?
    You're being "diverse"

These are not exclusive. Can be both.

But not in this case.
    Setting the worst thing you can
    Benefits no one.
  • Options
    To me 3v3 Grand Arena is too much (esp the set up) I’m not the only one in my guild but certainly some ppl like it

Other than that, I can’t say there is too much content but lack of diversity(GL, ultra fast speed are just show stoppers) and extra slow progress is a big issue, we end up doing the same thing everyday.

New contents that requires being in whale guild is an issue. My guild is good, but I suspect we might never able to do latest raid and I sometimes contemplating to join another guild but I like the current one. This is hurting non whale guilds and kill the fun for many.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

So which is it then?
    You're being "diverse"

But not in this case.
    Benefits no one.

Ahh, so showing the toughest teams available from my roster cannot help players plan for others doing something similar in their defensive placements in the future (in a guaranteed win scenario btw) is of no benefit for theory-crafting counters? But an auto-deploy is beneficial? Ok got it.
  • Options

So which is it then?
    You're being "diverse"

But not in this case.
    Benefits no one.

Ahh, so showing the toughest teams available from my roster cannot help players plan for others doing something similar in their defensive placements in the future (in a guaranteed win scenario btw) is of no benefit for theory-crafting counters?

Instead of helping
    Them to Kyber? No, it can't.
    But an auto-deploy is beneficial?

When did I say that?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you if you feel like it is too much content is to simply not play some of it. Some days I do feel this game fatigue so I have decided Grand Arena is that mode I am cutting out. I will join, set toughest defense available (this allows players to be challenged if they love the mode instead of a simple auto-deploy) and leave it alone from there. Getting minimum rewards by doing very little is an acceptable outcome for my time saved.

Individual events are definitely the route to leave behind if you are feeling the fatigue but want to keep playing. Other modes you can potentially cut out are raids (assuming your guild completes them easily) & TW (if your guild allows). You will lose the rewards and fall behind others making these choices, but you can still play in a fashion you see fit for your real life.

Playing against auto deploy is fun because you face unique teams that you never fought before instead of simply using counters. So don’t you worry about that ;)
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    I generally think there isn't enough to do, but I get it. I'm with Konju. Sometimes I don't have time for 3v3 GA, so I set the hardest defense possible. That way if I have time to attack, I know right away if I have a shot to win. If I do, I attack. If not, I take the L.

Most other things take significantly less time per day, and I would love it if we had AB's more often, and if there was some other event going on in the two weeks Conquest isn't running.
  • Options
    The issue with "simply do nothing" is that you can not keep up with others.

Having that much content in the gme that you neccessarily have to invest hours every day is not the best way to keept this game attractive

Others were wanting
    More content, that suggests there's
    An alright balance.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

So which is it then?
    You're being "diverse"

But not in this case.
    Benefits no one.

Ahh, so showing the toughest teams available from my roster cannot help players plan for others doing something similar in their defensive placements in the future (in a guaranteed win scenario btw) is of no benefit for theory-crafting counters?

Instead of helping
    Them to Kyber? No, it can't.
    But an auto-deploy is beneficial?

When did I say that?

Ahh, so the only goal is to full clear every opponent and get the Kyber rewards? The individual battles available aren’t of any benefit for players, actually playing a squad vs another squad? Only the end goal is beneficial then?