Shipment Characters

Gonna have my sidious at 7 stars within the next 2-3 weeks so my question is whos next i was thinking of picking up admiral ackbar since hes a good counter to sid which everyones using your thoughts ? help

Replies

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I am going for Opress now...even before I get sid passed 4*. But I have a big hole in my dark side (lol). So I assume I'm probably not helping you with this post very much
  • Options
    Loce wrote: »
    I am going for Opress now...even before I get sid passed 4*. But I have a big hole in my dark side (lol). So I assume I'm probably not helping you with this post very much
    Wonder if opress is any good ? see ackbar makes sense because from about 45+ everyone has sidious, & ackbars heal would cancel any heal immunity or bleeding & heal an extra 15% for each.
  • Options
    Asajj is pretty cool and fun. Deals decent amount of dmg and her synergy at nighsisters team is amazing. The problem with her is that she is slow.
  • Options
    Opress is a very good character, but not extremely good like some others because he lacks utility.

He has :
    * A lot of HP
    * More damage than other tanks
    * A good leader ability giving a defense bonus, but unlike Chewbacca it is restricted to sith, and other characters only get half the bonus (it would be nice if his bonus applied to the Nightsisters too, or if he benefited from theirs, and it would be more justified than Ahsoka)
    * A very good passive ability giving him defense up and turn meter gain when he takes damage
    * A rather poor self buff : Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, which is always good to have, but unfortunately it is activated by landing a killing blow with Overpower, which means that you have to waste this powerful attack on an enemy who is near death (wasting a high damage ability in order to buff the following two basic attacks really seems a weird idea to me), or else to use it on an enemy who is not near death in order to maximize the damage but then resign yourself to see the buff activate only on very lucky hits

All this is good, but the downside is that he has no utility except his self buff. Not even a taunt, and what use is a tank to soak damage if he can't force enemies to target him instead of the other characters ?
  • Options
    Quaeria wrote: »
    Opress is a very good character, but not extremely good like some others because he lacks utility.

He has :
    * A lot of HP
    * More damage than other tanks
    * A good leader ability giving a defense bonus, but unlike Chewbacca it is restricted to sith, and other characters only get half the bonus (it would be nice if his bonus applied to the Nightsisters too, or if he benefited from theirs, and it would be more justified than Ahsoka)
    * A very good passive ability giving him defense up and turn meter gain when he takes damage
    * A rather poor self buff : Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, which is always good to have, but unfortunately it is activated by landing a killing blow with Overpower, which means that you have to waste this powerful attack on an enemy who is near death (wasting a high damage ability in order to buff the following two basic attacks really seems a weird idea to me), or else to use it on an enemy who is not near death in order to maximize the damage but then resign yourself to see the buff activate only on very lucky hits

All this is good, but the downside is that he has no utility except his self buff. Not even a taunt, and what use is a tank to soak damage if he can't force enemies to target him instead of the other characters ?

Thanks for the breakdown thats why im leaning towards admiral ackbar is he any good

• Options
    I alternate between Oppress and HK47 in 5th spot in PvP. I wish Oppress was a bit more utilitarian but he has his advantages, especially in GW.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    You cant go wrong with hk47, as he will synergize into any lineup. With that said, ackbar would be amazingly powerful if you have the right team. The right team for him includes stormtrooper han, which means splitting shipments. Lobot does the same thing as ackbar, but synergizes directly with hk47 without sharing farm.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    You cant go wrong with hk47, as he will synergize into any lineup. With that said, ackbar would be amazingly powerful if you have the right team. The right team for him includes stormtrooper han, which means splitting shipments. Lobot does the same thing as ackbar, but synergizes directly with hk47 without sharing farm.

thank you but after looking through his heal ability 5% per detrimental isnt enough to warrant a main slot in my team, I was thinking either IG-88 for his ability to inflict immune (which would work well with a sid) or HK (to absolutely stump jedis) or Asajj (to cut off those pesky tanks taunts & focus on killing more dangerous characters) regardless at this stage Dooku needs to be replaced, & Hopefully I pull bariss in the near future because Old Dakas Revive & healing also need to be replaced from my main squad.