Conquest question

Anyone know if you have to win a battle in order to contribute to a feat? For example, could you take a team full of low gear Jawa's in to a battle for the Bomb's Away feat, lose the battle and still have it count towards the feat?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Some yes some no
    Marked and applying thermals you do not have to win
  • Options
    For example, could you take a team full of low gear Jawa's in to a battle for the Bomb's Away feat, lose the battle and still have it count towards the feat?

Just because Scuba answered your question without using the same terminology, I'll clarify at the risk of redundancy: Yes. You can take low gear Jawas into battle against a Geo team, lose on purpose, and you'll still have the Thermals applied count towards your feat.

If you have Rey, you can also just win the battle by leaving out 1 jawa, take your 3* and you'll get more Thermal Detonators placed per battle (since the jawas last longer). My g8/g7 jawas applied 75 TDs in my first battle, then completed the feat in the 2nd. Both times I 3*d a node that I had not previously attacked, so getting the feat did not slow my progress at all.

Of course, if you don't have Rey, then just use your strategy: find some Geos, put in the Jawas, and let the die over and over. They won't lose stamina, so you'll get about the same number of Detonators every time. If they hit Scavenger first you won't get very many, but with any luck you'll get 20 or 30 per battle, costing you about 60 energy in the end. Even if you're paying for the energy that's only 25 crystals.
  • Options
    For example, could you take a team full of low gear Jawa's in to a battle for the Bomb's Away feat, lose the battle and still have it count towards the feat?

Just because Scuba answered your question without using the same terminology, I'll clarify at the risk of redundancy: Yes. You can take low gear Jawas into battle against a Geo team, lose on purpose, and you'll still have the Thermals applied count towards your feat.

If you have Rey, you can also just win the battle by leaving out 1 jawa, take your 3* and you'll get more Thermal Detonators placed per battle (since the jawas last longer). My g8/g7 jawas applied 75 TDs in my first battle, then completed the feat in the 2nd. Both times I 3*d a node that I had not previously attacked, so getting the feat did not slow my progress at all.

Of course, if you don't have Rey, then just use your strategy: find some Geos, put in the Jawas, and let the die over and over. They won't lose stamina, so you'll get about the same number of Detonators every time. If they hit Scavenger first you won't get very many, but with any luck you'll get 20 or 30 per battle, costing you about 60 energy in the end. Even if you're paying for the energy that's only 25 crystals.

I just did this against Imperial Troopers. Took two attempts and I was finished.
  • Options
    Beautiful. Yes, Imps work too. As do Ewoks. I should have been more clear that any team with a lot of assists will quickly finish the feat. Geos work well, but they're not the only enemies that do.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Anyone know if you have to win a battle in order to contribute to a feat? For example, could you take a team full of low gear Jawa's in to a battle for the Bomb's Away feat, lose the battle and still have it count towards the feat?

Rule of thumb, if the feat says "complete" then you need to win the battle (ie: Complete battles with a full Jedi team, etc). If it doesn't say "complete" then you can lose and still get progress (ie: Attack out of turn 100 times).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.