RNG within game

pk1
14 posts Member
edited June 2021
I think CG. Need to be care with the way the game is going all the effort into building up characters and ship is starting not to mean anything. I have my Galactic Republic that I use in pvp to fight General Skywalker teams but sometimes when he gets back up after being knocked down he fights out in ways he should not be able to. I have been attacked by him upto 4 times from him getting up and on a few occasions he has hit my first toon once I then whilst the first toon is still standing changed toon and hit another with a double attack and took them out.
I understand with try to keep the game interesting but it feels like years of work building up teams is meaning nothing. Also like with Galactic Conquest, is.put a high relic CLS team in as the same as the one I am fighting and get massacred, how is that possible against a supposed relic 1 team in PvP's I would slaughter a team like that.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Options
    For General Skywalker - can you give more details, like the makeup of both teams. I have never seen what you say is happening, and some more details may help us understand. A video would be great.

Galactic Conquest - there are modifiers on both the enemy team and the sector, both of which offer stat boosts

Neither of these situations has to do with RNG in the game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    As far as Conquest is concerned, while it's not truly "RNG", since the players have no idea what the actual stats of their enemies are (therefore the arbitrary stat boosts are also meaningless, as we don't know what those percentage boosts are based on), it's often just trial and error....or send in the least fatigued GL. While the OP is mistaken in calling it rng, it plays like it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As far as Conquest is concerned, while it's not truly "RNG", since the players have no idea what the actual stats of their enemies are (therefore the arbitrary stat boosts are also meaningless, as we don't know what those percentage boosts are based on), it's often just trial and error....or send in the least fatigued GL. While the OP is mistaken in calling it rng, it plays like it.

Not in the slightest, they are fixed values, it in no way plays like RNG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So the team A in Sector 1, node 1 is static to the same comp later in the sector? Or are you simply stating the obvious - that team A, sector 1, node 1 has the same stats as that same team did in the last Conquest (which, incidentally is different from the same teams that occupied that node in the first iteration)?

Honestly, it's quite difficult to have a conversation about this when you are obviously privvy to information that players don't have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So the team A in Sector 1, node 1 is static to the same comp later in the sector? Or are you simply stating the obvious - that team A, sector 1, node 1 has the same stats as that same team did in the last Conquest (which, incidentally is different from the same teams that occupied that node in the first iteration)?

Honestly, it's quite difficult to have a conversation about this when you are obviously privvy to information that players don't have.

No a battle is a battle and nothing changes as you enter it. No RNG. The next node is going to be faster, but again if you are faster, you are no matter how many times you enter. It follows a pattern, it's not random in any way. Not knowing doesnt change that, or make it appear random.

I know the information stated.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

No a battle is a battle and nothing changes as you enter it. No RNG. The next node is going to be faster, but again if you are faster, you are no matter how many times you enter. It follows a pattern, it's not random in any way. Not knowing doesnt change that, or make it appear random.

I know the information stated.

Okay, so you're just stating the obvious. It gets harder. We knew that.

I never said it was rng. But we can be done.

• Options
    I like a good semantics argument, but I’m with you here @Nikoms565

If I try to use my IT squad v Ewoks in sector 4 and the Ewoks move first, I have absolutely no way of knowing what sort of speed increase is needed for me to go first when I attempt it again.

Not RNG as such, but I have no way of knowing how to tip things in my favour
  • Options
    @pk1 if you have CLS, take him against GAS. CLS can often autoplay GAS.
  • Options
    For General Skywalker - can you give more details, like the makeup of both teams. I have never seen what you say is happening, and some more details may help us understand. A video would be great.

Galactic Conquest - there are modifiers on both the enemy team and the sector, both of which offer stat boosts

Neither of these situations has to do with RNG in the game.

I think OP is exaggerating an unhappy battle where GAS seemed to have gone twice, meaning he did his saundering+telekinesis then did it again.

GMY historically has been the toon that seems like he gets broken mechanic back2back2back attacks, but GAS can seem that way 2 if you aren't paying attention to the battle. What makes both toons impart such grievance upon you is their multi attacks can hit like trucks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like a good semantics argument, but I’m with you here Nikoms565

If I try to use my IT squad v Ewoks in sector 4 and the Ewoks move first, I have absolutely no way of knowing what sort of speed increase is needed for me to go first when I attempt it again.

No way to know? So increasing speed, protection, health or any of the other factors we always have control over to help improve our teams performance, wont help tip things in your favor?

Also, yes not RNG, because once you are faster, you are, there is no random factor there, or involved.

Also, as far as Conquest goes, if someone catalogs speed or even just what speed they had and whether the enemy went first, next time around of you fight the same/similar team in the same spot you will know they are faster than you. Yes there are alot of variables and this may not happen, but again, no RNG, this is something that with the collection of data can be documented and narrowed in on each iteration.

Basically X toon Y# of nodes into S#, will have the same speed.(baring other manipulation, like a different leader, but even that can be accounted for)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No way to know? So increasing speed, protection, health or any of the other factors we always have control over to help improve our teams performance, wont help tip things in your favor?

Also, yes not RNG, because once you are faster, you are, there is no random factor there, or involved.

Also, as far as Conquest goes, if someone catalogs speed or even just what speed they had and whether the enemy went first, next time around of you fight the same/similar team in the same spot you will know they are faster than you. Yes there are alot of variables and this may not happen, but again, no RNG, this is something that with the collection of data can be documented and narrowed in on each iteration.

Basically X toon Y# of nodes into S#, will have the same speed.(baring other manipulation, like a different leader, but even that can be accounted for)

Both Darjelo and I have said "it's not RNG" - and yet you keep arguing that it's not RNG. You're either simply not understanding or intentionally straw-manning. Either way this Is pointless.

As you stated, there are many variables (and modifiers that change these variables) - and those variables change every single node. And what those are have already changed at least once since the release of the mode.

Could you somehow "track" and catalog this data? Sure - if you wanted to fight battles multiple times. But because each costs energy, this is extremely inefficient. And we have no guarantee that CG won't simply continue to change teams, modifiers and variables moving forward.

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

While you aren’t wrong, I don’t feel this should be pushed on the player base to create numerous spreadsheets simply to know base speed (with & without modifer) per Conquest event, per node location, per sector, per team, per lead. That is a lot of work to go through for some information that may be subject to change at any time in the future runs of the event.

Here’s an alternate suggestion: the devs simply allow the enemy base stats be available to the player in Conquest & Galactic Challenges (similar to how we can see this info in PvP modes). This solution would be much easier than showing the stats for all players’ characters in TW. This seems the more reasonable solution imo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

While you aren’t wrong, I don’t feel this should be pushed on the player base to create numerous spreadsheets simply to know base speed (with & without modifer) per Conquest event, per node location, per sector, per team, per lead. That is a lot of work to go through for some information that may be subject to change at any time in the future runs of the event.

Here’s an alternate suggestion: the devs simply allow the enemy base stats be available to the player in Conquest & Galactic Challenges (similar to how we can see this info in PvP modes). This solution would be much easier than showing the stats for all players’ characters in TW. This seems the more reasonable solution imo.

I agree, 100%. We should be able to see stats in this game mode.

But nothing about it is RNG like or similar to in any instance, that is all.