Need Early Game Guidance on Roster and Paths

I just wanted some quick guidance on my roster and to see if I’m on the right path. I want to make good decisions to get ready for fleet battles and eventually for Grand Arena. I have read through a ton of posts on the forum and have a decent idea of somethings, but could use a little help and would love some more opinions.

Here’s my swgoh.gg account: https://swgoh.gg/p/141467117/

In the short term I plan on focusing my attention on Phoenix, especially getting Ezra to 7*.

1. I just unlocked Palpatine, as for a dark side team, especially for the dark side table, should I focus on Empire right now? (Should I think about another dark side team in the short term?

2. As I get closer to Lvl 60, should I focus quickly on geos (soldier and spy), gearing and staring them up a bit before fleet battles unlock? What about KRU for his ship?

3. Would you recommend any other characters while I work on Phoenix to get Thrawn? (Such as Boba?)

4. Or should I just focus only on Phoenix until I have them at 7* and G8 each?

5. For later on, I have tried to research a lot of paths to follow after getting Thrawn at 7*. From what I gather, Jedis (Ahsoka, JKA, Ezra, Kanan, Bastilla?), GMY, JKR, R2D2, CLS, and Goes>Padme (at Lvl 85 though?) all seem like options. Would you recommend any other paths? Around what point should I think about focusing on which ones?

6. I just read a guide posted really recently here: (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation#latest) At this point, does this look like a good strategy still for me?

Lots of questions! I really appreciate any help you have to offer.

Replies

• I think you should farm the geo pilots for fleet, as their combonation of three is amazing. For Light Side farm Phoenix (Hera, Ezra Kanan, Zeb and Sabine). I know Chopper is easier to obtain and 7* but Phoenix will carry you through most of light side, and Sabine is way better than Chopper. For Dark side Farm Boba, Greedo, Ig-88, Cad Bane and Dengar if you have a good guild. BH are my main squad and they can deal incredible damage and synergize easily. They will destroy Dark side. For Cantina and Mod Battles, You can use either BH or Phoenix, but BH are better.
  • Also farm greef for squad, cantina and mods. He helps BH amazingly (Replace Cad Bane with him). Later in the game you can replace Cad, IG-88 and Dengar with Greef, Mando and Bossk, Respectively.
  • Hi @jawshark

I was going to refer you to my guide, but seems you have already found it :) You're probably 1.5 weeks behind my account that the thread is following, so can be used as a good reference.

Here is how I would say you should prioritize:
    1. Get at least 1 character to 7* ASAP, likely this would be Chopper as he should be a fast farm. If you have crystals for energy refreshes, I'd suggest using them on cantina energy (1 or 2 a day if you can afford it, which is 100 or 200 crystals). This way you can speed up Ezra / Hera / Geo Soldier & Spy farms, but also get more Cantina tokens for the store to buy Chopper shards.
    2. I would start focusing on Geos now (Soldier and Spy). How far away is your Ezra to 6 & 7*? Start saving 100% of your GW tokens now, don't buy anymore Zeb shards with them. You will want to hoard this currency so that when you hit level 60, you can start buying the Geo ships when they show up in the GW store
    3. You can stick with Phoenix for now, but Boba you can consider buying from the Cantina store once you get Chopper to 7*. He can be used for Credit Heist events
    4. Phoenix you can take Chopper & Kanan to 7* straight away, probably Ezra but I might get the 2x Geos up to at least 4* first and then switch back to Ezra. My plan is exactly that, take all PS to g8 and then focus elsewhere until I am at a level where I can beat the 7* tier of Thrawn (most of my PS are g7 now). HOwever, you will want to gear up your 2 Geos for fleet...but they are relatively easy to gear
    5a. So you will have PS which will easily lead you into an Empire team (Palpatine & Thrawn from the PS unlocks, Vader from achievements, then can throw Tarkin since you can use him in fleet and either Gideon or TFP with that team. It will be a decent team to use after PS (good for Arena / DS nodes, not great for GW yet). 5b. You will also want to continue the focus on Geos (Soldier, Spy and eventually Brood Alpha all from Cantina, Poggle eventually from GW store but can wait for a while, and Sun Fac from fleet store). This is a team you will want to build the full set of 5 before the next step.....
    5c. You can start thinking of the next "big" team you will want so you can start planning farms now. The two options really are Padme or JKR. Padme you can easily transition from Geos (used to unlock her), and JKR Jedi are a great team that will then lead to DR / Malak. Think about it now so you can start farming some of the requirements early so you are ready for either to be unlocked once you reach level 85.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The guild you are in is pretty low gp, are they doing heroic raids (Rancor, AAT, Sith Triumphate)? If not you should be looking for another one. But, you need to get 1 character to 7* first anyway so you can join the raids (even if you are not able to post any damage, you can still get some rewards).

Also, I would stop farming Sabine, as you only need 5 of the Phoenix members. While Sabine is the 2nd best damage dealer on that team after Ezra, personally I prefer Chopper early on for the double tank + Dispel + health regen on unique + random buffs passage. And it will save you 1 hard node from being farmed as Chopper is way easier to get.

• Thanks so much for your responses, they help so much! I have lots to think about and I’ll keep studying your guide.

2. I’ll definitely start saving GW tokens for the 2x Geos ships. Ezra just hit 6* and needs 90 more shards to hit 7*. Still just go for Chopper?

2a. Aside from 2x Geo ships, I should probably focus on VD, right? Do you recommend focusing on any other characters for ships at this moment? (I just hit level 50.)

5a. For dark side, I’m having trouble with DS table 5 Normal. Based on my roster, who would you recommend I use as a team until I get my Empire up and going? I know I don’t want to bloat my GP. Would you still recommend Troopers at my point?

6. My guild started recently, but they do most if not all of the heroic raids.

I stopped farming Sabine right when I got Zeb viable for my squad and haven’t touched her since. I wasn’t sure if I should think about farming her, but I will take your advice and leave her alone.

Thanks again for all your help and for the guide you posted!
  • jawshark wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your responses, they help so much! I have lots to think about and I’ll keep studying your guide.

2. I’ll definitely start saving GW tokens for the 2x Geos ships. Ezra just hit 6* and needs 90 more shards to hit 7*. Still just go for Chopper?

2a. Aside from 2x Geo ships, I should probably focus on VD, right? Do you recommend focusing on any other characters for ships at this moment? (I just hit level 50.)

5a. For dark side, I’m having trouble with DS table 5 Normal. Based on my roster, who would you recommend I use as a team until I get my Empire up and going? I know I don’t want to bloat my GP. Would you still recommend Troopers at my point?

6. My guild started recently, but they do most if not all of the heroic raids.

I stopped farming Sabine right when I got Zeb viable for my squad and haven’t touched her since. I wasn’t sure if I should think about farming her, but I will take your advice and leave her alone.

Thanks again for all your help and for the guide you posted!

2. Yeah you can still go for Chopper since he's Cantina store, might as well finish him off. The others aren't as pressing (like Ahsoka or Boba from there)
    2a. Yes focus on VD, if you can afford to refresh his node with 25 crystals a day I would recommend it, just so you can be sure to get to 5* by the time you can do the zeta challenge. You'll want Sun Fac and his ship as well, but you will get them out of Fleet store when available. KRU & Silencer from Cantina is nice since you get both ship and pilot on 1 node, but the problem is you need cantina energy for Soldier & Spy. So depends how many refreshes you can afford, but early on he can make a difference. Me personally I have gone with Geo Soldier & Spy + ITF starting, then VD as 1st reinforcement and Ahsoka as 2nd now that I have 3* Executrix. SF will replace ITF once I get him unlocked.
    5a. Troopers are still good if you want to invest to level them, since you will want them anyway. Wouldn't worry too much about GP bloat right now, especially with characters you know you are going to use in the long term anyway. I'd recommend trying to get some high level allies to help clear. You can invite my main (see swgoh gg for ally code in signature) and my Vader will help you easily clear DS nodes for 3*
    6. As long as they are doing heroic you are good
  • For DS bounty hunters will crush the opposition easily. the first BH to go for should be Boba, Greef, Dengar, Greedo, and either Cad or Ig-88. These are the ones you want at your level
  • Fett_Kenobi80
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Boba can be farmed from cantina shipments, light or dark side. Greef is from light side, Dengar is from guild shipments, Greedo and Ig-88 are from Squard arena shipments and Cad is from Galactic War shipments.
  • LS needs Phoenix. you can choose the members but the uniques are the best abilitys to upgrade on Phoenix, because they all benefit from one upgraded unique
  • Fett_Kenobi80
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Look at my or Intimmydation's Swgoh.gg account if you need a reference for what to do.
    Post edited by Fett_Kenobi80 on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Geos
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/272797419/ is my swgoh.gg acount
  • Thanks again for all your help everyone!

This gives me a bunch to work with and will follow your guide/post @Intimmydation.

I think I misunderstood how the game calculated GW difficulty. I thought it had to do with your GP, but just read up on it. It's nice to know I don't need to worry as much about GP bloat right now with the characters I will use.

Also, @Intimmydation I sent an ally invite to your main.
  • Your Welcome! I was (and still am, a little) struggling with the game. but some of the people here helped me figure out how to do the stuff I was supposed to. It's my pleasure to return the favor. Sorry, I know I sound all "high and mighty" right know. What I'm trying to say is : Thanks for being so nice when you asked for help and gave your swgoh.gg account for all to see. Thanks!

• Your Welcome! I was (and still am, a little) struggling with the game. but some of the people here helped me figure out how to do the stuff I was supposed to. It's my pleasure to return the favor. Sorry, I know I sound all "high and mighty" right know. What I'm trying to say is : Thanks for being so nice when you asked for help and gave your swgoh.gg account for all to see. Thanks!

All of us that are "regulars" in the New Players forum are still relatively new to the game I would say, which is good because we went through all these experiences ourselves over the last 12 months, so can give some good lessons learned for how the game is now vs people who started 4-5 years ago.

Still differing opinions between us, but that's good because there isn't one end all be all path in this game, we can just give advice for the ones we feel are the most efficient. But the most important part is to have fun, it is a game after all, so go after characters you will enjoy (just try to do it in a manner which makes the experience an enjoyable one).

All of us that are "regulars" in the New Players forum are still relatively new to the game I would say, which is good because we went through all these experiences ourselves over the last 12 months, so can give some good lessons learned for how the game is now vs people who started 4-5 years ago.

Still differing opinions between us, but that's good because there isn't one end all be all path in this game, we can just give advice for the ones we feel are the most efficient. But the most important part is to have fun, it is a game after all, so go after characters you will enjoy (just try to do it in a manner which makes the experience an enjoyable one).

I agree. Jawashark, you farm whatever team you like. Whatever makes you happy. Old Republic? Go for it! First Order? Sure! Even a mish-mash team of jedi, nightsisters and l3-37 is great! (Okay, maybe that's a liiiiiiiiitle weird but that's okay) This is your game! You're free to play it however you want. Thanks, and remember to always be you.

• jawshark
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @Fett_Kenobi80 you don't sound "high and mighty" at all. I appreciate your help.
    ...go after characters you will enjoy (just try to do it in a manner which makes the experience an enjoyable one).

@Intimmydation Haha, definitely. Playing relatively efficiently, especially FTP, seems to make the game exponentially more enjoyable for me.

Thanks again, having help from players who recently went through the same things helps a ton. I really appreciate it.

@Fett_Kenobi80 you don't sound "high and mighty" at all. I appreciate your help.
    ...go after characters you will enjoy (just try to do it in a manner which makes the experience an enjoyable one).

@Intimmydation Haha, definitely. Playing relatively efficiently, especially FTP, seems to make the game exponentially more enjoyable for me.

Thanks again, having help from players who recently went through the same things helps a ton. I really appreciate it.
    How have the DS nodes (and Mod Battles) been now?
  • I just need to 3* one DS node right now for some gear and man, your Vader only seems to show up for me on my cantina battles haha.
    I just need to 3* one DS node right now for some gear and man, your Vader only seems to show up for me on my cantina battles haha.

He should be on both, but it's like once or twice per day only. At least he's there when I use my alt account.
    When you use him on battle 1 use force crush > 2nd battle use Merciless and just basic everyone > 3rd battle force crush then culling blade the boss....shouldn't lose any characters that way.
  • I ended up getting it and that's basically the strategy I use. Got through without a scratch haha.