Dr. Pershing Kit Idea

Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited June 2021
Here is the kit idea for Dr. Pershing, Imperial clone engineer and scientist.

q3ptdbyhijhc.jpg

Unit Name: Dr. Pershing
Tags: Dark Side, Healer (TAC), Empire, Imperial Trooper, Imperial Remnant
Description: Supportive Imperial Healer who equalizes allied Health and protects the weakest ally.
Relic: Medical Scanner

Basic: Difficult Operation (Omega):
Target ally recovers Health equal to 15% of Dr. Pershing's Max Health, and gains 20% Turn Meter if they are Empire. When this ability is used outside of Dr. Pershing's turn, the weakest ally recovers Health and gains Turn Meter.
Animation: Dr. Pershing scans ally with his medical scanner, and they recover Health.
Special: Experimental Extraction (Cooldown 4) (Zeta):
All allies have their current Health percentages equalized. Then, Empire allies recover 25% of their Max Health.
-Zeta: If any allies are brought to full Health, or are Imperial Remnant, they reduce their cooldowns by 1. The weakest ally gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn, which cannot be prevented, copied, or dispelled.
Animation: Dr. Pershing looks at his datapad, then equalizes his allies' Health.
Unique: Imperial Clone Engineer (Omega):
Dr. Pershing has +15% Evasion for each Empire ally. While Dr. Pershing is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +25% Health Steal, doubled for Imperial Remnant allies. While an ally has full Health, they have +50% Tenacity, and have +20 Speed while they are below full Health.
Whenever an Empire ally is Revived, they gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, which cannot be copied. When there are no longer any allied combatants, this unit escapes from battle.

Clarifications:
When Pershing's Basic is used outside of his turn, the weakest ally recovers Health equal to 15% of Pershing's Max Health, and gains 20% Turn Meter if they are Empire. For Pershing's special, the cooldown reduction only happens if an ally is brought to full Health by the ability, or they have the Imperial Remnant tag. Even if a unit meets both of the requirements, they will only have their cooldowns reduced once.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Well, i think the DMG Immunity on the Special ability is too powerful, maybe it could be for 1 turn. With the revive on Unique, i think it should the first time any empire ally, and also a clarification that the DMG can't be copied in both instances. Great kit otherwise!

Okay, I will change the Dmg Immunity to 1 turn, and will add the clarification.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Well, i think the DMG Immunity on the Special ability is too powerful, maybe it could be for 1 turn. With the revive on Unique, i think it should the first time any empire ally, and also a clarification that the DMG can't be copied in both instances. Great kit otherwise!

Thank you for evaluating.

• Options
    Since he deals no damage, how about adding an “escape from battle” sentence in the unique, ie “If there are no ally units at the start of this unit’s turn, this unit escapes from battle”
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Since he deals no damage, how about adding an “escape from battle” sentence in the unique, ie “If there are no ally units at the start of this unit’s turn, this unit escapes from battle”

Ah, yes, I thought I had forgot something. It was meant to be added, but I forgot. Thank you for pointing that out.

• Options
    Overall a nice kit idea, but I do have 1 big problem with it: The revive on his unique. He is Imperial remnant, and the only lead in this group has a revive on first defeat as one of it's most important effects. So having a character in that group do that as well feels really pointless and out of place.
    A second, thou much minor, thing in this is that I think the healing can be done better. Healers gain Max Heath from their mastery. Which is why they usually heal based on their max health instead of a fixed amount. Plus with how Dark trooper woks, the small amount of healing isn't going to make much of a difference for them. Healing based on the doctor's max health would be massive for them thou. Could be a nice little interaction, since they can't revive or gain max health/protection from Gideon's lead due to how their unique works.
    Other than this thou, no problems. Nicely done.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall a nice kit idea, but I do have 1 big problem with it: The revive on his unique. He is Imperial remnant, and the only lead in this group has a revive on first defeat as one of it's most important effects. So having a character in that group do that as well feels really pointless and out of place.
    A second, thou much minor, thing in this is that I think the healing can be done better. Healers gain Max Heath from their mastery. Which is why they usually heal based on their max health instead of a fixed amount. Plus with how Dark trooper woks, the small amount of healing isn't going to make much of a difference for them. Healing based on the doctor's max health would be massive for them thou. Could be a nice little interaction, since they can't revive or gain max health/protection from Gideon's lead due to how their unique works.
    Other than this thou, no problems. Nicely done.

Okay, thank you for evaluating. I will fix those problems accordingly.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    The changes have been made to the kit. Thank you to @Ichiraikou for pointing them out to me.