Nerf Bad Batch

Prev1
DarthSeryl
16 posts Member
edited June 2021
There is no excuse for them full autoing every GL when they have GL Kenobi as their leader. GL Kenobi is nice and balanced with KAM and others. There is no good excuse for a team like the Bad Batch to have such an impact on the game that they literally become the hard META. There is even a clip out there of a G8 Bad Batch beating a Relic 8 Jedi Knight Revan.

Unless this is by design I suppose? Which in that case hello Scopely 2.0. Marvel Strike Force is going through this same stupid **** and its killing half its roster.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Farm them if they're so great then.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Farm them if they're so great then.

Already got them. That does not change my opinion one bit. I'm not selfish enough to think their balanced if I have them when they clearly are not balanced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm sure they are looking into any full auto defeats, but generally speaking GLs beating GLs is going to be more "ok" than not.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm sure they are looking into any full auto defeats, but generally speaking GLs beating GLs is going to be more "ok" than not.

I agree, that Kenobi and beating a GL with the Bad Batch while the player is making the moves is one thing. A near full banner victory of SLKR on full Auto is an entirely different topic. That said there is also a clip of them punching up from Gear 8 to take down a Relic 8 Jedi Knight Revan. I do not honestly see how that is working as intended either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthSeryl wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I agree, that Kenobi and beating a GL with the Bad Batch while the player is making the moves is one thing. A near full banner victory of SLKR on full Auto is an entirely different topic. That said there is also a clip of them punching up from Gear 8 to take down a Relic 8 Jedi Knight Revan. I do not honestly see how that is working as intended either.

Without knowing the full lineup in any instance, it's hard to make any assessment.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    This story is fishy. I mean, why would someone r8 JKR??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

More surviveability, as Relics always give some health and armor. Helps making sure he isnt turn 1 sniped by anything that isnt SLKR
  • Achaia
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I was completely ignorant about them (other than the f2p shards I got when they were released). But, they're one-shotting my top teams in Galactic Challenge. Yikes.
  • Options
    Achaia wrote: »
    I was completely ignorant about them (other than the f2p shards I got when they were released). But, they're one-shotting my top teams in Galactic Challenge. Yikes.

IMO That is not a good metric to use. Too many modifiers in play there.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    MemeMaster wrote: »

More surviveability, as Relics always give some health and armor. Helps making sure he isnt turn 1 sniped by anything that isnt SLKR

how would someone one-shot a r7 jkr? I mean, even a non-relic jkr has savior. I mean, I was kinda joking, but still seems like a massive waste to r8 revan
  • Options
    Bad batch characters need to be nerfed. End of story.
  • Options
    Say. Does anyone here remember the good time when Jedi Knight Revan could auto solo any team in the game? Cause I do remember. How are they doing nowadays again?
    Moral of the story: Your overreacting. It's happened before and it has always ended well (Jedi Knight Revan even got a buff trough Bastilla Shan's new unique ability, and it still ended well). They don't need a nerf. GL Kenobi might need one thou, due to that interaction with Galactic Republics Tanks. But we'll see how that goes.
  • Options
    Bad batch characters need to be nerfed. End of story.

Nah, end of story happens when people admit they are wrong and used anecdotal and thus irrelevant examples to argue a status quo. But that doesn't happen, ever.
  • Options
    Remember phoenix? How are they doing now? Cant go out with a full team of 6, struggle to beat secret and shadow challenge T2 even all reliced.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing stays OP forever. Bad Batch will eventually be eclipsed by some new shiny, and then you'll be saying that the new shiny needs to be nerfed. Like many people have said, Bad Batch does not need a nerf, and OP is just having an overreaction.
    I'd also like to see the clip of the G8 BB beating a r8 JKR.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Nothing stays OP forever. Bad Batch will eventually be eclipsed by some new shiny, and then you'll be saying that the new shiny needs to be nerfed. Like many people have said, Bad Batch does not need a nerf, and OP is just having an overreaction.

So a new team comes out in 6-8 months and makes Bad Batch look tame in comparison. What further damage does that do to the older parts of the roster? That is the power creep problem right there, especially for non whales because they take a great deal longer to get people farmed and relic'd. And by the time they do, with a power creep problem, the characters are already not nearly as viable as they were when they started the farm to begin with. See the issue here? I get that people have just come to accept it like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. However there is no issue with people pointing out that it is a flaw within the game. If people are shamed for pointing out flaws within the game then who is really to blame for the game getting in worse shape? The Devs or the Player base who makes excuses for them?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

So a new team comes out in 6-8 months and makes Bad Batch look tame in comparison. What further damage does that do to the older parts of the roster? That is the power creep problem right there, especially for non whales because they take a great deal longer to get people farmed and relic'd. And by the time they do, with a power creep problem, the characters are already not nearly as viable as they were when they started the farm to begin with. See the issue here? I get that people have just come to accept it like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. However there is no issue with people pointing out that it is a flaw within the game. If people are shamed for pointing out flaws within the game then who is really to blame for the game getting in worse shape? The Devs or the Player base who makes excuses for them?

I’m not making excuses for CG; I agree with most of the things that you just said. But part of what you’ve said is overreacting, and a bit of an exaggeration.
    Oh, and still waiting for the video

• Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

Power creep is an integral part of their business model. So it isn't going to change.

If new characters were lackluster and easily beaten by old characters, there's no incentive for whales to buy the new shiny.

They have at least mitigated this with GLs but even there, I look for there to eventually be some power creep. We aren't going to keep getting GLs forever that SLKR will be able to keep up with in arena. If they did that, there'd be no reason to ever farm the new shiny.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to see a game with no power creep. They could call it Parity, and everyone could have fun using the equivalent of fastest poe for 5 years. Weeeeeeee!
  • Options
    I'd love to see a game with no power creep. They could call it Parity, and everyone could have fun using the equivalent of fastest poe for 5 years. Weeeeeeee!

Only games with no powercreeps are games without a multiplayer function, so good luck searching for it.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    MemeMaster wrote: »

Only games with no powercreeps are games without a multiplayer function, so good luck searching for it.

My friend, you may want to consider the context of this post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Then we could discuss Parity in the parroty thread....or even make a parody of it (which, ironically, you kinda just did).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DjangoUnchained
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Doesn't matter what's been replied to my comment. Bad batch characters are OP and cause an imbalance in the game, therefore they should be nerfed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Doesn't matter what's been replied to my comment. Bad batch characters are OP and cause an imbalance in the game, therefore they should be nerfed.

What imbalance? They are finding their place in the general rankings of all teams/characters, some are better than others, they fall in the line somewhere.

Characters being strong at lower stars/gear can happen, but they also seem to stay in roughly the same area as they go to fully developed.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »

Wait until you see GLs

Or Nest against TM reduction teams.

• Options
    "Imbalance" as in the general meaning of the word. Their buffs give them WAY too much health and dodge chance. Especially as a team of just BB. They are simply too hard to kill, even if they are 9 or 10 levels lower than a well-crafted team. They are too strong...this is EXACTLY the reason why the term "nerfing" exists. You can't change my opinion on this. The devs need to rectify this bc it's annoying af.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    You guys ever face zombie? She just keeps reviving!!
  • Options
    "Imbalance" as in the general meaning of the word. Their buffs give them WAY too much health and dodge chance. Especially as a team of just BB. They are simply too hard to kill, even if they are 9 or 10 levels lower than a well-crafted team. They are too strong...this is EXACTLY the reason why the term "nerfing" exists. You can't change my opinion on this. The devs need to rectify this bc it's annoying af.

Can you at least give some specifics?

Which teams can they beat 9 or 10 levels lower than? And what do you mean by levels?

You seem quite resolute on something that you’ve been unable to provide any explanation for.
  • Options

"9 or 10 levels lower" shows that you are not in a decent position to be making calls about what teams are strong or not.

To even start comparing teams ability they need to be max level, the same gear level, and have comparable mods.

Realistic comparison only really starts at g13 where final gear stat boosts are in place and mods have full effect, 6 dot mods can be fitted, all abilities are maxed on both sides etc.

I thought the recent GC where bad batch were the enemy was ridiculously easy, and I could have earned max crate with almost any empire team comp. I tried it 3 different ways for fun. I actually thought they had stumbled a bit in making their new shinies not look so good.

So they might be trouble for the teams you currently have, but they are far from being the biggest unbalancing this game has ever seen. Or any unbalance at all as far as I can see.
  • Options
    Obviously you guys are talking about endgame **** that I don't yet know about. I can't give specifics because I'm new to the game. All I do know is these characters are too powerful. Why else would this thread exist? (Yea yea go ahead and roast me for commenting while being inexperienced to the game, idc)