More matchmaking dumpster fire.

Squeak, squeak

4 GL's to 22 this time. They sign up 26 to 35. Fix this before making a new butt ugly, time pilfering UI. Thanks

Squeak squeak

Replies

• Options
    It’s a shame. Apparently 9 of their guild are 100% sure they clicked join but now they are not signed up?
  • Options
    Whine, whine

fify
  • Options
    You could just farm GLs and work on GL counter teams. I realize that means taking responsibility for your actions and that doesn’t really fit the trope you perpetuate, but it is more effective then asking CG to change something that is WAI.
  • Options
    You could just farm GLs and work on GL counter teams. I realize that means taking responsibility for your actions and that doesn’t really fit the trope you perpetuate, but it is more effective then asking CG to change something that is WAI.

There's no way our guild can farm enough GL's fast enough to match up with 22 GL's but I'm pretty sure you already knew that which makes it obvious you aren't trying to be helpful.
  • Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Whine, whine

fify

No, it was "squeak, squeak". And I will squeak again and again and again, so make sure and do your due diligence for the community and keep the snarky comment on your clipboard for rapid action!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    It’s a shame. Apparently 9 of their guild are 100% sure they clicked join but now they are not signed up?

No that's called a sandbag. The game not taking my join in GAC is what happened to me. My game also won't load on my phone. Am I imagining that too? My buddy can't get ships to load in GAC for 2 or 3 rounds now. I'll see if I can help him solve his issue by telling him it isn't happening.

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion
  • Options

No that's called a sandbag. The game not taking my join in GAC is what I think happened to me. My game also won't load on my phone. Am I imagining that too? My buddy can't get ships to load in GAC for 2 or 3 rounds now. I'll see if I can help him solve his issue by telling him it isn't happening.

FTFY.

Also, where I come from, 35 people signing up for TW is called a sandbag. Too bad they outdid you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

There's no way our guild can farm enough GL's fast enough to match up with 22 GL's but I'm pretty sure you already knew that which makes it obvious you aren't trying to be helpful.

Did you consider farming GLs and working on GL counter teams? Yes, it may take some time but you'll get there eventually.
  • AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Buddy. If you’re that angry, then…do something about it! Matchmaking messed you up. Okay. It happens. So? There will be times when matchmaking blesses you as well.
    And, if you’re ENTIRE GUILD hasn’t worked on GL counters, and you’re at the level where some of you have GLs and you face them, if not always, your priorities as a guild are messed up. RNG screws us all over from time to time. If you and yours aren’t invested in ways to mitigate said RNG, you’re doing something wrong. I’ll give you three guesses what.
  • Options
    Buddy. If you’re that angry, then…do something about it! Matchmaking messed you up. Okay. It happens. So? There will be times when matchmaking blesses you as well.
    And, if you’re ENTIRE GUILD hasn’t worked on GL counters, and you’re at the level where some of you have GLs and you face them, if not always, your priorities as a guild are messed up. RNG screws us all over from time to time. If you and yours aren’t invested in ways to mitigate said RNG, you’re doing something wrong. I’ll give you three guesses what.

Homie, they only have 34 players with a 192m GP. We have 50 with a 189m GP. You have to get to their 30'th ranked player to find a GP *lower* than our highest GP player. They have a 7m player with all GL's which is enough to stop our whole guild. You're saying we have a priority problem because we just aren't developed enough to take on a pro bowl guild full of 6m+ players???? What is with the victim blaming on these forums all the time?
  • Options

No that's called a sandbag. The game not taking my join in GAC is what I think happened to me. My game also won't load on my phone. Am I imagining that too? My buddy can't get ships to load in GAC for 2 or 3 rounds now. I'll see if I can help him solve his issue by telling him it isn't happening.

FTFY.

Also, where I come from, 35 people signing up for TW is called a sandbag. Too bad they outdid you.

Sandbag is where you do it on purpose. Our 30 something is just who signed up. We aren't beta males who like to rig an easy fight. They average 2m more GP per player than our bunch. I guess you see that as a fair match and we're just irresponsible for not dropping 100k or something to catch up to accounts 2 years older. To victim blame my guild for not "rising to the occasion" is simply trolling.
  • Options
    How do you know they did it on purpose?
  • Options

I don't and I don't really care. My issue isn't sandbagging. The issue that they average 2m more GP per players than our guild and it doesn't matter if they sandbag or not. Right? Right. The issue at hand is, again, not sandbagging, but that a guild full of 6m GP players get to fight a territory war with a guild with 4m GP players. If you think that is a fair match-up then you'll need to show your work on that and make a contribution to the discussion by explaining exactly what our "counter" is against a group full of players 2 years beyond us in development. I really, greatly appreciate your attention and concern to this issue.
  • Options

I don't and I don't really care. My issue isn't sandbagging. The issue that they average 2m more GP per players than our guild and it doesn't matter if they sandbag or not. Right? Right. The issue at hand is, again, not sandbagging, but that a guild full of 6m GP players get to fight a territory war with a guild with 4m GP players. If you think that is a fair match-up then you'll need to show your work on that and make a contribution to the discussion by explaining exactly what our "counter" is against a group full of players 2 years beyond us in development. I really, greatly appreciate your attention and concern to this issue.

I don’t think it’s fair. The matchmaking is flawed and needs to be adjusted to account for the number of players who have signed up. That is clear and obvious.

I just think that posts that - even if subtly - imply that the larger guild has deliberately left players out to engineer an easier match up are deflecting away from the real issue.

For full disclosure, I’ll post my guild’s last 3 TW matchups:
    imfmrdj1kbmc.jpeg
    p02d89r9mf6f.jpeg
    t9atx8hcjaqd.jpeg

TW is optional in our guild. We had 40 sign up, then 39, then 42. All 3 matches are heavily one sided. 2 in our favour.
  • Options
    Oops. That’s the 3 before the current one, which is one sided against us. Ah well.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    original.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say the same thing I have to almost every GAC/TW GL-related matchmaking issue over the past 6 months.

Does your guild have an average GP of 3M or higher?
    Does your guild have 50 GLs yet?
    No?
    Then it's your fault.

Even assuming the absolute worst possible general resource incomes, and starting from literally zero, Rey and Kylo were obtainable 100% F2P by anyone with basically STR T6 access in december.

I've seen multiple people with under 2.5M GP get a GL.

I've had mine since somewhere around late octoberish.

Ignoring the very very blatantly obvious meta for over a year (which is now official, as GLs have been OUT for over a year, not just announced) and then complaining about getting matched with people that didn't, Is 100% your fault.

It's not like the first 2 even have crazy requirements. Neither Rey nor Kylo has any content-exclusive requirements. (SEE is additionally also ridiculously easy to get, just a bit newer.)

The first couple months, sure. It was a rather valid argument. It was a legitimate issue being matched against guilds that had teams you straight up couldn't beat - I remember it vividly, getting matched against a guild with a whale that had both and straight up walling out on both front territories, when we'd been on a streak of full clears for months prior.

But it's been 1 1/2 years since they were announced, and over a year since they were released.
    If you don't have them yet, you obviously don't actually care about pvp-related performance, so I don't really understand why topics like this keep popping up from groups that very obviously don't actually care about meta chasing. If you don't meta chase, yes, you're 100% getting smacked by people that do. And it doesn't matter what game you're playing, or what bracket you're in. I've been gaming for 24 years now, with a good 15 of that being on the pseudo-pro or literal pro level. I can say, with 100% confidence, that the reason "pub stomping" and similar is even a thing, is because the vast majority of people don't even TRY to chase the meta. From FPS, to RTS, to MMORPGs, to F2P Turn-based Mobile games of all varieties - Actually using and chasing "the actual best" options generally tends to win you games.

I know this is a hard thing to accept, but you didn't lose this matchup this week.
    You lost this matchup a year ago when your entire guild decided to not chase GLs.
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    I'm just going to say the same thing I have to almost every GAC/TW GL-related matchmaking issue over the past 6 months.

No?
    Then it's your fault.

Even assuming the absolute worst possible general resource incomes, and starting from literally zero, Rey and Kylo were obtainable 100% F2P by anyone with basically STR T6 access in december.

Ignoring the very very blatantly obvious meta for over a year (which is now official, as GLs have been OUT for over a year, not just announced) and then complaining about getting matched with people that didn't, Is 100% your fault.

It's not like the first 2 even have crazy requirements. Neither Rey nor Kylo has any content-exclusive requirements. (SEE is additionally also ridiculously easy to get, just a bit newer.)

The first couple months, sure. It was a rather valid argument. It was a legitimate issue being matched against guilds that had teams you straight up couldn't beat - I remember it vividly, getting matched against a guild with a whale that had both and straight up walling out on both front territories, when we'd been on a streak of full clears for months prior.

But it's been 1 1/2 years since they were announced, and over a year since they were released.
    If you don't have them yet, you obviously don't actually care about pvp-related performance, so I don't really understand why topics like this keep popping up from groups that very obviously don't actually care about meta chasing. If you don't meta chase, yes, you're 100% getting smacked by people that do. And it doesn't matter what game you're playing, or what bracket you're in. I've been gaming for 24 years now, with a good 15 of that being on the pseudo-pro or literal pro level. I can say, with 100% confidence, that the reason "pub stomping" and similar is even a thing, is because the vast majority of people don't even TRY to chase the meta. From FPS, to RTS, to MMORPGs, to F2P Turn-based Mobile games of all varieties - Actually using and chasing "the actual best" options generally tends to win you games.

I know this is a hard thing to accept, but you didn't lose this matchup this week.
    You lost this matchup a year ago when your entire guild decided to not chase GLs.

Well hold your beer, how is "starting last year" supposed to change anything? All their players would still be 2m GP way out ahead of ours wouldn't they? LOL Guess what? My brother is STILL 5 years older than me after all these years lol. I guess I'm just lazy :/

Let's see if someone can top you in victim blaming. I doubt it, as that was legendary, but I'm sure someone will have a "hold my beer" in a minute.
  • Options

No?
    Then it's your fault.

Well hold your beer, how is "starting last year" supposed to change anything? All their players would still be 2m GP way out ahead of ours wouldn't they? LOL Guess what? My brother is STILL 5 years older than me after all these years lol. I guess I'm just lazy :/

Let's see if someone can top you in victim blaming. I doubt it, as that was legendary, but I'm sure someone will have a "hold my beer" in a minute.

GP is not always directly correlated to account strength. See GP bloat. I used to think it did, and I got DESTROYED in the Arenas and such before I wised up. Again. If your *entire guild* of FIFTY PEOPLE doesn’t have a counter to ONE GL, you all are touched in the head. GLs have been out for…how long now? We knew they would be OP and we’d need to develop counters for any chance of success for…how long now? Yes, you’re right, we’re “victim blaming”. Because, if in over a FULL YEAR, not ONE person in your guild has thought about GL counters, and still believed that you won’t get stomped by guilds with them, you all are nuts and your priorities need a SERIOUS revamping.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Julian_Sixty_Six have you got a comparison for your guild and the one you just faced? I’m kind of curious.
  • Options
    We lose TW. Other team sandbagged. We win with a full clear and the other team doesn't even get through either front zone. We didn't sandbag, we just had more GLs and put forth a better strategy.

I honestly don't understand how sandbagging works. Seriously.

Matchmaking is done after people sign up. So is it that a guild of 40 participants who is matched up against a guild with 50 will simply have the better rosters?

This is a genuine question, so be kind please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    We lose TW. Other team sandbagged. We win with a full clear and the other team doesn't even get through either front zone. We didn't sandbag, we just had more GLs and put forth a better strategy.

Matchmaking is done after people sign up. So is it that a guild of 40 participants who is matched up against a guild with 50 will simply have the better rosters?

Yes that is the general idea that leads to issues. The larger the gap between number of players joined will result in an increase in the average player GP of the guild with the lower number of players.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes that is the general idea that leads to issues. The larger the gap between number of players joined will result in an increase in the average player GP of the guild with the lower number of players.

Thanks Kyno
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    on the plus side, op, you just miss out on one zeta.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

No?
    Then it's your fault.

GP is not always directly correlated to account strength.

In this case it would appear as though it is. When you hold your guild to 34 with all 6-7m GP accounts with 22 GL's you aren't pikers. You know exactly what you're doing, which is rigging "punch-down" match-ups every single TW. They didn't sandbag TW, their entire guild is a sandbag as evidenced by their TW record and win margins. Their last 7 victories before our match are a combined 81,271 - 42,260. Wow, look at those pikers go!

You have to be in denial if you think that this is not intentional and that the only 26 signups were an accident also. But, I get it. It's more important to troll me than look at the obvious truth.
  • Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

The big picture is as simple as this. Guilds aren't evil for "sandbagging" be it intentional or not. The game allows it so whatever and like with my guild we don't get tons of sign-ups so its unavoidable. The bottom line is that it wouldn't be an issue if the game wasn't in such a state that a guild can pile 26 6m GP average accounts into a TW and fight 35 people with only an average of 3.5 GP accounts. That's the issue.

Say an NFL team sends only 22 starters to play a high school's entire 53 man roster. Sorry, but the high schoolers will never win that even if they "start training the year before"
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    on the plus side, op, you just miss out on one zeta.

Very true, very true :|
  • GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @Julian_Sixty_Six have you got a comparison for your guild and the one you just faced? I’m kind of curious.

Yes, here you go. You can guess which is which. (our particular predicament) I'm not dragging any people into this so the names are blurred out. I'm not criticizing that guild, just CG.

ojtjdas8g4t2.jpg
    ltcwbz2xo7l2.jpg

Post edited by GIJippo on