What is up with shards ???? Drop rates decreased ??????

Prev1
NyxX07
58 posts Member
edited April 2016
Since three days I have an horrible drop rates with shards on Cantina : average 15%

Exemple : yesterday with the three first refreshs (100/200/400) I had... 6 shards. Waou. And yet, 1 for 5 sims...

Is it serious ?

Replies

• Options
    No, it's not serious.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    This usually happens every saturday, but since apr 1 was friday, its lasting all weekend
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • NyxX07
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Drop's rate decreased among the week ? that's very unfair....
  • Options
    NyxX07 wrote: »
    Since three days I have an horrible drop rates with shards on Cantina : average 15%

Exemple : yesterday with the three first refreshs (100/200/400) I had... 6 shards. Waou. And yet, 1 for 5 sims...

Is it serious ?

Did you switch nodes? Part of their April Fools joke is that the 6th page of cantina battles has had the shard drop rate reduced to 1% until the Monday update... Surprise!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!

Try not to to use language that gets censored.
    (ESPECIALLY in the title.. Cause, you know... It's really noticeable. :| )

I fixed it for you.

• NyxX07
    58 posts Member
    Options
    No I use the cheaper nods, always (except if I realy need cantina's token)

I did my refresh today : 8 shards for 280 (8/28), 22% drop rates is very very very low.

I'm a bit angry.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

I did my refresh today : 8 shards for 280 (8/28), 22% drop rates is very very very low.

I'm a bit angry.

It happens all the time... Use less ? Marks n ppl will give u serious replies :smiley:
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    I've had the same problem... Only gotten 10 gs shards in the past 2 days and thats where all my cantina energy has gone too....
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm a bit angry.

today: 12/50
    yesterday: 21/48

rates go in both directions.
    after tracking cantina for 19 days straight, my overall rate is 33.12%.
    mighty chlorians
  • NyxX07
    58 posts Member
    Options
    @ Bent Wookie : ok thx, I will remember that !

I hope the drop rates isn't changing according to the date we are...
  • Options
    I recommend starting an excel spreadsheet and tracking drops. I now have 2 months of data and can confidently say drop rates haven't changed. I have some horrible days (17% on 102 nodes).. However over time, the RNG is 33% (with 5500+ shards attempted)
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yep me too. Since the update hit on Thursday I have spend two cantina refills and every normal generated energy daily on JC's 12 node, including saving over 120 to use when the update hit. I have 17 shards tof show for it. 17 shards. It took me five days of two refills to unlock Ben (using the 8 node), and I have 17 to show for the three days of hard farming JC. Based on a rough estimate that is 3 days worth of energy and 6 refills for a grand total of 90 Sims or 17/80.

Oh and my Rojo God has dropped 6/42 for the week too, Rey has been normal at around 3/9 per day.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I won't say something changed but......3/20 for Dooku and 1/9 for Anakin so far today.....didn't they say they wanna make it feel more "fair"?
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    I won't say something changed but......3/20 for Dooku and 1/9 for Anakin so far today.....didn't they say they wanna make it feel more "fair"?

IIRC they said they made shard farming more consistent and less streaky. And knowing them they threw in a stealth drop rate nerf in there to make more money off refreshes.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    Options
    vry srs
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Heh rojo god @Benr3600
  • Options
    It's totally possible to go days of dry spells, especially if you aren't using any recharges. The rates are about 33% over all
    I recommend starting an excel spreadsheet and tracking drops. I now have 2 months of data and can confidently say drop rates haven't changed. I have some horrible days (17% on 102 nodes).. However over time, the RNG is 33% (with 5500+ shards attempted)

This guy knows what's up.
  • Options
    I love that 5 days ago there was a post about drop rates increasing

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23287/anybody-notice-drop-rates-increasing/

Followed by 2 posts today so far including this one about them decreasing :D

Long and short of it is some days you get more. Some days you get less. Sometimes you have lots of good days in a row and sometimes you have lots of bad days in a row. Nothing is changing with them
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Have to admit it's a weird coincidence that Mace Windu cantina shard droprate became atrocious for me, ever since Yoda event started tho.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »

Is it serious ?

Did you switch nodes? Part of their April Fools joke is that the 6th page of cantina battles has had the shard drop rate reduced to 1% until the Monday update... Surprise!

if it was 1% then i got 5 shards with that extreme luck?
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • StarNickRulex
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here too.
    I noticed it in the last 5-6 days
    I was able to take 5-6 or 7(one time) dooku's shard , with daily energy + 2 refills.

It's 20% drop rate. And it's a week. It's not bad luck.
  • Options
    every now and then you get a bad run. Today for me it was jawa, less than 15%. However, I also was running over 40% for Dooku on my alt so it kinda balanced out.
  • Options
    Just because for the last 2 months drop rates have been 33% does not mean they haven't changed in the last week. With that much data it would take a few weeks for the drop rate to affect your data. Long term like that is cool but need to look at it per day individually too. Maybe for 55 days drop rates were 33%, but last 5 they've been 15%. That would indicate that recently it was dropped and 'old data' is almost worthless for the current situation.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Using two cantina refreshes a day and farming 2 hard nodes, I got exactly 10 Barriss shards a day for the past three days.

Is that good or bad for her?
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Horrible here... Horrible... And I refresh every day up to (not including 400) on both cantina and DS/LS
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing has changed, it just happens.

I just started the day going 1/18 on Landos 12 energy cantina node.

Of course when I only needed 3 shards to 6* him too.

It's really frustrating but that's just RNG. There are days when it rains shards and days when you'll get next to none.
  • Options
    Got. 8/12 RG shards today. Best result ever for me.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Just because for the last 2 months drop rates have been 33% does not mean they haven't changed in the last week. With that much data it would take a few weeks for the drop rate to affect your data. Long term like that is cool but need to look at it per day individually too. Maybe for 55 days drop rates were 33%, but last 5 they've been 15%. That would indicate that recently it was dropped and 'old data' is almost worthless for the current situation.

hate to bring up Reddit but a dev confirmed multiple times that drop rates do not change.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

Is it serious ?

It's just the Rng. This morning I was at 88/100 dooku shards. I did two Catina refreshes and one hard node refresh and finished my dooku at 102/100. Don't give up and even though it's aggravating keep doing it taking one day at a time. You will eventually get what you need.

• Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Have to admit it's a weird coincidence that Mace Windu cantina shard droprate became atrocious for me, ever since Yoda event started tho.

This. +1.

I know it probably just FEELS this way because I really need to get Mace to 7* in order to get Yoda at 7*, but I got like 3 shards today with 2 cantina refreshes. And 0 in LS battles with 1 refresh on that node. Yesterday was a little better, but not much. :/