How long have you been playing?

Prev13
I am curious, as to how long you have been playing and when the boredom sets in.
I have reached a point where for almost 2 months I have not been able to advance one major character or ship. I have been playing for about 4 months and spent about $1000.
Lately, I have been autoplaying and multi-simming all of the battles and events.

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Playing almost since launch (the game came out I think in November, I started during Christmas break). There were ups and downs, but nothing made me quit so far, although some things came pretty close. Keep in mind that this game is all about the long term, 2 months aren't really that long. Slow and steady wins the race.
    If you seek advice, you can share more information about your position in the game, ideally your swgoh.gg account if you have one.
  • Options
    I think you’re playing the game wrong if you can’t advance a single character a tiny bit in 60 days
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think you’re playing the game wrong if you can’t advance a single character a tiny bit in 60 days

That depends on OP's definition of "major character".
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing roughly a year and a half. So much on the to do list it is silly. Need to stay focused on what you are working on in the game to see real progress. Except for ships, they progress at such an awful rate it's silly. For something they don't seem to care about they sure make it hard to catch up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That depends on OP's definition of "major character".

It would also depend on the measure of advancement they are looking for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    I've been playing roughly a year and a half. So much on the to do list it is silly. Need to stay focused on what you are working on in the game to see real progress. Except for ships, they progress at such an awful rate it's silly. For something they don't seem to care about they sure make it hard to catch up.

At least part of the basis for this, is you dont need to catch up. Who do you want to catch up to and why?

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I play the game my way. Only person I have to catch up with is my own projects.

ygkblsl5l4ju.jpeg
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    I think I started about 4 years ago, sure I sim things and auto others but I'm not entirely bored by the game. Playing for 4 months and spending a grand and already being bored seems a bit much to me. You need to focus your farms better.
  • Options
    I’ve been playing since December 2015. I can definitely see why people would find this game boring. It’s set up for long term. I usually have a goal: right now I’m finishing up the requirements for Kenobi, before that I was working on Crancor teams for myself and helping organize the guild to beat it. I sim everything I can sim and auto most things I can auto. I guess I play this more as a collection game. I’m not bored, but a lot of that comes from helping organize guild stuff.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    kcdad2806 wrote: »
    I am curious, as to how long you have been playing and when the boredom sets in.
    I have reached a point where for almost 2 months I have not been able to advance one major character or ship. I have been playing for about 4 months and spent about $1000.
    Lately, I have been autoplaying and multi-simming all of the battles and events.

I really need some details on…all of this. 1k in 4 months and for the last 2 no advance on a char? Wut
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Danoris
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I started playing Dec 2015 ( I think, maybe it was Nov … ). I may have spent a total of $25 during the entire time I’ve played. I don’t spend to advance my stats, so I’m willing to farm to gain what I have. If you’ve only been playing for 4 months, you may want to give it a little time for the advancement to really kick off. I’m not sure what type of major milestones you’re looking for, but consider making goals for yourself.

When I started, I was trying to spread myself too thin and gear up too many toons at once. Of course, there wasn’t 200+ toons when I started lol. If you need an ally to help with some nodes, feel free to send a request. I’m at 6.7 mil GP ( FTP, so it took awhile ) and I’m sure I could help along the way if needed.

Good Luck.

ujvgq3b7r0re.jpeg
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Without seeing the OP's roster, it is hard to give any constructive comments. I've been playing since about a month after release. It does take time to progress. I'm finally getting around to upgrading mods. I've sliced just about everything worth slicing, so now it is time to focus on farming mods to properly mod a bunch of my teams.
    At this point, I figured everyone simmed everything. I remember when sim tickets would run out. Personally, I would hate to have to run every battle. I'm getting tired of GAC, especially 3 vs 3. As for progress, I finished off the Armorer this morning. Now just down to Bad Batch, Bo-Katan, and Darktrooper to farm. It is a long game to "complete" with new content being added. I doubt I could catch up even if there were a six month hiatus on new content.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

At least part of the basis for this, is you dont need to catch up. Who do you want to catch up to and why?

To be competitive in GAC mostly. Farming ships is exceedingly slow in this game. And if they are not concerned with catch up, why did they add a catch up with character shards?

• Options
    But you are only “catching up” with people who started at the same time as you.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Not really. When you are focused and whale a little you end up in a whole different group. I'm a little over 5M after a year and a half with a GL. In your arena and fleet shard yes, but in GAC has nothing to do with when you start.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

To be competitive in GAC mostly. Farming ships is exceedingly slow in this game. And if they are not concerned with catch up, why did they add a catch up with character shards?

That's not "catching up", you are playing against accounts of a similar level of development, no matter where you go on the climb.

I am fairly certain they didnt call it a catch up, for this exact reason. It's not, it's an acceleration. This allows new players to get a roster developed faster, giving them more to play with. Once you have all the characters that were accelerated, you still have a long way to go to get where people who have been playing for years are, but that doesn't matter as you dont play against them, and therefore do not need to "catch up".
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Not really. When you are focused and whale a little you end up in a whole different group. I'm a little over 5M after a year and a half with a GL. In your arena and fleet shard yes, but in GAC has nothing to do with when you start.
    "Catching up" in GAC is about roster and mod management and it's all on you.
  • Options
    I've been playing since Nov 2015, if I was bored as OP seems to be in the short amount of time they've been playing, I'd find another game instead of taking the time to whine on a forum.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing since Nov 2015, if I was bored as OP seems to be in the short amount of time they've been playing, I'd find another game instead of taking the time to whine on a forum.

jA2kQwE.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    10 DOS
    20 GOTO 10
    30 :smiley:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Started maybe 2 months post launch, but took 3.5 years off shortly into the Rex/Chaze meta when had too much on my plate IRL to devote a lot of time to the new TB and everything. Came back last December. Game is more varied and fun these days IMO. Only problem is being FTP i have no hope really of top 5 in my shards. Used to get top 5, generally 1 or 2 daily.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Started sometime 4 years ago, and then took a 1.5 year break after my game got deleted, and I lost all the data. I came back in December last year, and now am working my way back to what I had before I lost the game. But because I'm FTP, it's taking some time.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Playing almost since launch (the game came out I think in November, I started during Christmas break). There were ups and downs, but nothing made me quit so far, although some things came pretty close. Keep in mind that this game is all about the long term, 2 months aren't really that long. Slow and steady wins the race.
    If you seek advice, you can share more information about your position in the game, ideally your swgoh.gg account if you have one.

This but I did take a break for about 6 months and came back for CLS round 2 . The grind is rough but once you start getting better rewards from arena and guild events things go faster. Its much more exciting when the team youve been working on starts winning and being fun to play
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Launch - so Nov. of 2015 . Still playing. Assault Battles are boring (and Conquest is becoming so, quickly). But I still enjoy the basics - raids, TB, GAC. TW could use some matchmaking work. Not a whale g probably spent around $100-$150 total in almost 6 years. 7 million GP /4 GLs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Playing since launch.
    The best move I made was to get in with active and goal driven guilds. Ive only been in 3. The starter guild, then went to a casual-competitive . Now in a competitive-goal driven guild.

The correct guild can get you through raids and Hoth/Geo TBs.
  • Options
    Started on 12/19/2015 (in iOS you can find out the date in Game Center achievement)
    Daily player except a few days while on cruise.
    $0 spent.
    8m+ GP with 4 GLs and 13 R8, the 5th GL incoming.

I think swgoh is the best f2p game as one can comfortably play the game competitively while remaining completely f2p. This kept me going. Barring unforeseen situations, I think I might play this to the end, lol
  • Options
    I started very early on, not at launch but somewhere just after.
    If you think the game is boring after only 4 months and already spent those amounts this game is probably not for you since you seem to be of an impatient nature. This game will be very very expensive to play in that style. The need for expensive resources is growing exponentially when you get further.
    My advice is to go 100% f2p the next 3 months but using advice from guides on what to go after. If the game becomes more fun during that time, good. Otherwise you should probably quit. Unless you have infinite amounts of money and think the EA shareholders need more revenue, then knock yourself out :D
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I started in Oct 2018 and enjoy the game most of the time. Since more than two month we have a some difficult guys in the arena shard what really brought me to the point to play less.
    I spent some money from my gaming money pool as I reduced pc gaming. In general, taking time and thinking in month is necessary in the game.
    Probably my main 'mistake' was to stay to long in a small not progressing guild, so I missed a lot hsith and later on ds Geo raids.