Skip animations

Turalyon
6 posts Member
edited July 2021
Can we PLEASE get an option to skip animations? It's always been a problem against time-out teams, but GLK has really taken it to a whole new level. I have to use my Rey against him, which is fine and the whole team finishes with full health and protection, but I've been timing out about 50% of the time because of all his assists. Timing out because of a mechanic you overlooked is one thing (GML, Nest, SLKR, etc.), timing out because you spent 3 minutes of the battle watching the other team hit you 1000 times at 4x speed is another.

Anybody else seeing this problem?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Setting Timeout defenses is a strategy
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Setting Timeout defenses is a strategy

Which the OP acknowledges and has no issues with - and while the game does need to look good, there comes a time (sic) when those visuals began to impact other aspects of gameplay, and setting a defensive team that is timing out due to waiting on extensive animations is cheesing the system, not being strategic.

it’s been acknowledged as an issue in the past (that is how we got to 4x gameplay in the first place), I’ve gotta agree that it might be time to take another look at it.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    OPs Rey team is a slow team which I’m assuming relies on ultimates and whirlwinds to take out the entire team which takes a while to get to

I’ve seen others in my shard beat Ult JMK teams easily while having half the time still in the clock

It’s an offensive comp issue imo
  • Options
    OPs Rey team is a slow team which I’m assuming relies on ultimates and whirlwinds to take out the entire team which takes a while to get to

I’ve seen others in my shard beat Ult JMK teams easily while having half the time still in the clock

Half the time on the clock at 4x animation speed, you mean? (That is about what my JML comp beats it in as well)

So if we were limited to 1x speed the fight would time out and only be half over by that logic - thank you for proving the point!
  • CamaroAMF
    1285 posts Member
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

Half the time on the clock at 4x animation speed, you mean? (That is about what my JML comp beats it in as well)

So if we were limited to 1x speed the fight would time out and only be half over by that logic - thank you for proving the point!

We aren’t limited to 1x though.
  • Options

GLEE's ult animation eats up a substantial portion of the clock. As does the stuttered way he attacks; both of which CG could fix. loads of games offer up skip animation buttons. Why not this one?
  • Options
    I also hate how long it takes for SEE to link somebody.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't like how long SEE takes to link somebody but battles with SEE never ends up timing out if you use any of the SEE hard counters
  • Options

GLEE's ult animation eats up a substantial portion of the clock. As does the stuttered way he attacks; both of which CG could fix. loads of games offer up skip animation buttons. Why not this one?

What in the blue milk drinking galaxy is a GLEE?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

GLEE

Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Similar to GLOW, someone trying to make fetch happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

A definition for excitement or joy. Otherwise, I think it is a weird abbreviation of SEE.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.