Ships 5E hoth

This node is totally unbeatable. I have 9 7 star ships plus 4 6 star command ships and no combination can win. The computer gets 2 reinforcements before I even get one and the swarm of tie fighters destroys all my ships every single time. The 3 starter tie fighters plow through 2 tanks before I even get a turn. It's literally a joke and the most recent info I can find is almost 2 years old and totally useless.

Replies

• Granolo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    The power of your ships depends on the power (stars, gears, and level of mods and abilities) of your pilots. Also, there are better ships than others. I remember doing the lasts missions on ships with a 7* Hound's Tooth with 7* g11 Bossk, and Thrawn's ship (with 7* g9 thrawn), basically holding up with HT until I got enough of Thrawn's instakill. Of course there's posible to do it with other comps, but I have no experience with them so I got no idea.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    More details are needed on the ships you are using, pilot gear levels, etc.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    (5E Hoth is still on the Normal table, should we tell him about 5 hard?)

All kidding aside;
    Definitely can be frustrating to meet a node you can’t beat - but just working your way through the tables is only one of the smallest parts of the game, as mentioned above, you are currently suffering from either (actually probably both) a lack of synergy on your ships or a lack of gear on your pilots
    maybe even leveling issues with ships/pilots as well, credits are scarce in the early game.

Don’t let it get you down, and more importantly, don’t waste precious energy bashing your head against a wall - go back to a node you have already beaten and either farm gear for pilots or ship/character shards to advance your roster. Wait until you have made a few significant improvements (like a full gear level on your pilots) before returning to the node and trying again - it’s all about the long game.

Also, if you do care to provide a link to either your swgoh.gg account (if you have one) or at least your 9 digit ally code, we can take a look at your roster and try to provide a bit of advice.