So... Slow tanky characters are getting buffs and speed are getting debuff right?

TheDukeofDukes22
585 posts Member
edited April 2016
Does that mean that characters like Dooku, who are the exact opposite (low health, high speed) are going to be a highly debuffed? Who else would be getting a big debuff?
Post edited by TheDukeofDukes22 on

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Its all guesswork.
    Nobody actually knows anything more about it than you do.
  • Options
    @Timitock I just want us to try and make at least a vague conclusion on the even more vague information! :smiley:
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Why?
    They are being secretive about it on purpose.
    Lets just assume that ALL characters will be significantly impacted, and then see what we get.
  • Options
    Could just be that the balance comes more in the form of the fortitude/protection extra layer of health more than a rebalancing of damage being affected by speed.
  • Options
    we dont know yet.
    as same as Advantage, people saying advantage will be better since it crit, but FOTP, for example, already crits a lot, so the 100% defense pen will be better.
    understand ? Speculations. i dont think we'll stop seeing dooku (sadly, hate him)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They want some inverse correlation between speed and damage (higher speed meaning lower damage). Considering this, I don't think that Dooku will be much affected, as his damage output is not very high.
  • Options
    I just affraid that the people that I am farming for will become useless or a lot less useful. Characters like QGJ, Dooku and Sidius. I also feel like I really should start farming Barris. She seems like a humongous help in GW and it looks like she will be better in the new meta!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I just affraid that the people that I am farming for will become useless or a lot less useful. Characters like QGJ, Dooku and Sidius. I also feel like I really should start farming Barris. She seems like a humongous help in GW and it looks like she will be better in the new meta!

Barriss is definitely a good character to farm for GW, regardless of how the meta changes. She is so far the only one able to bypass healing immunity.
  • Options
    @Nauros which happens a lot with all that Sids, does it not?
  • Options
    we dont know yet.
    as same as Advantage, people saying advantage will be better since it crit, but FOTP, for example, already crits a lot, so the 100% defense pen will be better.
    understand ? Speculations. i dont think we'll stop seeing dooku (sadly, hate him)

Do you use him/have him?
  • Options
    Could just be that the balance comes more in the form of the fortitude/protection extra layer of health more than a rebalancing of damage being affected by speed.

That could also be, but, if fortitude is not based on life % and it is based on a certain base health, it will help more the squishy toons than the tankier ones.
  • Options
    Yes. Because of all the requests for nerfs, All characters will soon have exactly the same stats.

Everyone will be playing 5 Dookus on their team and the arena timer will run out every battle because of all the attack animations.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Yes. Because of all the requests for nerfs, All characters will soon have exactly the same stats.

Everyone will be playing 5 Dookus on their team and the arena timer will run out every battle because of all the attack animations.

You got me rolling lol
  • Options
    Hahahaha that wouldn't be fun at all
  • Options
    we dont know yet.

Do you use him/have him?

i have dooku at lvl 1, not gonna touch him, not gonna farm him. as said, hate him :) - from the movies tho. he stole jar jar' rule ! I BELIEVE IN THE CONSPIRACY !
    and my unwillingness to play dooku is bad for me, since his leadership will be great for my resistance team.
    but i dont need dooku to win, i can keep on hating him, and have no problem play vs him.
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu lol feel free to express your hate :lol:
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Did they say tanky? As i understood they were mitigating the intitial damage dealth by faster characters
    {RotE}
  • Options
    @LaLiam that is what I have read. Slow will be harder hitting and fast will be softer hitting. The matches will last long and bc of that and other reasons (wich I don't remember as of now lol) the tanky and durable characters would be better.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    we dont know yet.

A good reason for the advantage change could be they armor is going to play a big role now in desiding who wins. 100% armor pen could be too OP. Only reason I can see them changing it. They generally don't change anything unless they really have to.

Characters like Sid, who can ignore armor, might be the new heavy hitters. Along with heal immunity he's gonna be a staple in most teams, which is already is for F2P
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Ah i see the stepping stone, thought there were something i missed from the notes.
    There may be hope for Biggs and Luke yet
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    we dont know yet.

A good reason for the advantage change could be they armor is going to play a big role now in desiding who wins. 100% armor pen could be too OP. Only reason I can see them changing it. They generally don't change anything unless they really have to.

Characters like Sid, who can ignore armor, might be the new heavy hitters. Along with heal immunity he's gonna be a staple in most teams, which is already is for F2P

I hadn't even thought about that! It makes a lot of sense. I seriously doubt Sid will ever be a "heavy hitter" anyway lol. He hits as if his lightsabers were made of pillows or something.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    we dont know yet.

it sounds logical actually,the advantage and the sid. because Sid was probably the best mid-game toon, and in end-game he is pretty bad. But in their idea of balancing game, if they make the attackers weakers, it will be like mid-game again, and in this case, Sid can be brutal. however, i guess you also agree that the advantage change is a "nerf", and not a "buff", unlike most people in forum believe
  • Options
    From the information presented so far, you could conclude that slower toons will have greater Fortitude and faster less Fortitude.

There are some questions though because certain Tanks like Poe should have Fortitude because he's a Tank but he's fast so, does he get penalized for his speed or will his role as a Tank be considered???

All we can hope for is that they release a guide or notes that better explain their new meta, how fortitude will work and a list of the characters and their new stats to show how the Fortitude component changes the stats overall..
  • Options
    1 thing I learned is ya can't plan ahead for nothing.

Look at datamined stuff to try and future proof ya farm? Nah that guy will be nerfed before he is starred up enough to use...as FTP

Star up some random red guy cause you thought he looked cool on your lunchboix in 4th grade.,but he actually stinks right now??? Well 1 patch latter he best tank in the game..

Just gotta roll with it and not worry about wasting resource...cause that's the psychological trick they want ya to feel..so you spend to level the current hotness after they nerf what ya grinded for.
  • Options
    @CountOrlandu yeah probably but as a FTP I dream on getting in the #1 in arena. That, alongside with the SW Universe I love so much, is what makes the gamr fun for me, and to TBH, farming randomly is probably not getting me there :(. Maybe I will just never get there but that is one of my goals in the game!
  • Options
    I agree I really like this game as well when in battle. It seems to have the best in battle strategy compared to other games I tried that use the same general out of battle gimmicks...collecting shards gear and levels..

I ain't saying don't try to do ya best we all trying. Just saying don't be surprised or too bummed when they switch the whole game throwing you best plan out the window..
  • Options
    @CountOrlandu thank you for your words of wisdom :wink:
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    1 thing I learned is ya can't plan ahead for nothing.

Look at datamined stuff to try and future proof ya farm? Nah that guy will be nerfed before he is starred up enough to use...as FTP

Star up some random red guy cause you thought he looked cool on your lunchboix in 4th grade.,but he actually stinks right now??? Well 1 patch latter he best tank in the game..

Just gotta roll with it and not worry about wasting resource...cause that's the psychological trick they want ya to feel..so you spend to level the current hotness after they nerf what ya grinded for.

Wisdom from the count. Like life itself...