Explanation needed

Shamanas
63 posts Member
edited July 2021
Can someone explain why a win in grand arena to the person with higher gp after a draw. Shouldn't the person with less gp get the win because he managed to hold off a stronger opponent? I just hit 85 couple weeks ago and my grand arena is full of people with revans with relics or teams with full zetas and now this nonsense. I had a draw with a guy that had nightsisters and geos with z's and 150k gp over me while I have 2 z's total. This really doesn't make any sense.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Because the rich get richer. It rewards the whales who spend to level up more characters.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Shamanas wrote: »
    Can someone explain why a win in grand arena to the person with higher gp after a draw. Shouldn't the person with less gp get the win because he managed to hold off a stronger opponent? I just hit 85 couple weeks ago and my grand arena is full of people with revans with relics or teams with full zetas and now this nonsense. I had a draw with a guy that had nightsisters and geos with z's and 150k gp over me while I have 2 z's total. This really doesn't make any sense.

You are matched on the GP of your top X characters (multiply number of teams you set by 10 to find X).

The GP of the remaining 120+ characters did not affect the match. So the Devs have chosen to reward the person with the more developed roster in order to disincentivise people tanking their roster deliberately.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    What darjelo said.

Another way of thinking about it is that they never want to discourage spending. If you put money into the game that equals more gp than you had before spending money. So they reward higher gp.
  • Shamanas
    63 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Cool, I have to fight revans every ga and they get rewarded for not being able to beat me with cls as the best unit.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    If you're actively attacking you shouldn't have many ties.

I don't think it's ever happened to me once outside of when neither of us attacks. That happens fairly often lately since I'm not that into GAC. I still play it when the mood strikes. i don't hate it. But I don''t try, and especially when I have other things going on (like TB, or real life) that's the part of the game I don't bother with.

I'm often paired with higher total GP folks, and that means that my top 80 matches up fairly well with the top80 of more developed players, so more than half the time (and I don't keep track, but I think it's way more than half the time) they get the win.

Is that fair?

Well, two things.

First, I can't really complain that someone else got the tiebreaker if neither of us even cared enough to attack once. Obviously if either of us cared to win, that person would have won. If no one cares about winning, why should anyone care what happens in a tie?

Second, and this applies in your situation, if your top 80 stands up against the top 80 of a player who has been in the game longer, with more chances to develop more characters and those extra resources still didn't help them beat you who had less time/resources, then obviously they're the worse player and the need the help more than you do.

So in the very rare case that you get a tie when both of you actually attacked, when the computer gives your opponent the win just take it as a sign the computer thinks you're the better player & need less help. It's a compliment.