Purple ability mats challenge tear nurfed!

XCOM
250 posts Member
Well, I was saving doing purple mats until I reach level 72... Well tear five is available and surprise - it's the same!!! So all that prepping was for nothing, or for a lot less... God they hate us... So tired of this abuse.

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure what you're saying. Tier 5 of he challenge?
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    The next tier doesn't unlock until 84. There is no ability mat tier unlock this go around, just Str/Agi/Int. You've been doing tier V the whole time.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Tier 5 either was not available until level 72 or it was available but next tier (6) was going to unlock at level 72 (just don't remember)... Either way, now it says next tier is available at level 84 and the top prize is still 5 purple mats! Whole point was that new level was to unlock at 72 and we would get more purple mats... Rest of the challenges (except for droids and credits) still say new tier opens at level 72.

• XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    PGIII wrote: »
    The next tier doesn't unlock until 84. There is no ability mat tier unlock this go around, just Str/Agi/Int. You've been doing tier V the whole time.

Yesterday I specifically looked and purple mats were going to unlock at 72 (I distinctly remember) now they moved it up to 84.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Dude, T5 has been level 70 for ages.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    XCOM wrote: »

Tier 5 either was not available until level 72 or it was available but next tier (6) was going to unlock at level 72 (just don't remember)... Either way, now it says next tier is available at level 84 and the top prize is still 5 purple mats! Whole point was that new level was to unlock at 72 and we would get more purple mats... Rest of the challenges (except for droids and credits) still say new tier opens at level 72.

NOPE

The AGI/STR/INT were 72 but the droids/mats/credits are 84.
  • Options
    Yeah, tier 5 is level 70, it's the one we have been farming forever. Tier 6 is the next tier that won't get unlocked till 84.

training droid, ability mats, and credits will not go up a tier with this level cap raise. Everything else goes up one tier at level 72.

In other words, there was no nerf.
  • Options
    Also, why were you saving doing purple mat chalange?? It's free, and goes away after the day. There is absolutely no reason to not do it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Randall wrote: »

NOPE

This is correct. And "tier".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Randall wrote: »

NOPE

This is correct. And "tier".

And "Nerf"
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    #fail #doublefacepalm #imboredatwork #bushdid911
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday I specifically looked and purple mats were going to unlock at 72 (I distinctly remember) now they moved it up to 84.

You distinctly remember wrong.
  • Options
    I don't know about that, but it seems that purple mats are useless after level 74ish (unless the golden mats can be crafted using purple mats). They might have had the next tier unlocking at 72, but that would be useless now, unless it gives golden mats.
  • Options
    These **** level 72 tears
  • Options
    PGIII wrote: »

No, they didn't, and just say no to drugs.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »
    I don't know about that, but it seems that purple mats are useless after level 74ish (unless the golden mats can be crafted using purple mats). They might have had the next tier unlocking at 72, but that would be useless now, unless it gives golden mats.

Only if every character you ever want to play doesn't need more purples.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    You make no sence they haven't nerfed anything
  • wjrastan
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    With the previous level cap increase they raised the amount of training droids, purple mats and gold in the challenges to help offset the amount needed to get from 60 to 70. This time around they left it the same increasing the grind to 80.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Puff, puff, pass.
  • Options
    I was gonna post a thread asking what the changes were. Hitting level 71 tomorrow. What a bummer, atleast you saved me the disappointment of finding out nothing's changed. Just lazy on ea's developers.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Predian wrote: »
    Plague_Inc wrote: »

Only if every character you ever want to play doesn't need more purples.

Yeah, I mean good thing we dont get purples in GW and cantina missions.
  • Options
    I approve of this next-level, sub-meta :trollface:
    :+1:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride