Omega Ability Material should be an award at the end of GW

Naecabon
1243 posts Member
edited April 2016
This whole "wait until you're 80 and finish your daily quests" thing to unlock Omega mats is kind of stinky. Why have us wait until 80 when we're unlocking 72-78 skills NOW? This is kind of backwards, and you can tell it was thrown together last minute. (And it was probably not in the original design, the whales stocking up on Mk3 from Aurodium packs probably forced this to happen)

Wouldn't adding one or more of these as an award for the last tier of GW just be all around better? GW is soooo boooring for a lot of us now and honestly, if one or more of these little guys was waiting for me at the end, I'd *gasp* ACTUALLY BE EXCITED TO GW AGAIN! **** I know!

I think the Omega mats addition was the only part of this recent update that rubbed me the wrong way. Everything else, meh sure. But these material mats seem really tossed together in principle. I was excited to start unlocking these Rank 8 skills as I was leveling up and knowing now that I can't even begin training them until 80 (regardless of the fact they're unlocking now) seems kinda silly.

I vote for final stage of GW prize to include these!

Replies

• Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, but only if you are level 70+.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Yeah they should start dropping at 70+, the skills start unlocking at 72 and it shouldn't be exclusive to 80. Bad design.
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Our valuable member Naecabon hasn't done a single GW for weeks according to my logs and records! :smiley: You sarcastic slimo piece of...

Great idea, friend. ❤️
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Ascansio wrote: »
    Our valuable member Naecabon hasn't done a single GW for weeks according to my logs and records! :smiley: You sarcastic slimo piece of...

Great idea, friend. ❤️

GW is for losers~
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Dear Mr. Kraken,

Could you please let us mortals know what the drops are for the new cantina mission.

Thank you,

Mackerel
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Dear Mr. Kraken,

Could you please let us mortals know what the drops are for the new cantina mission.

Thank you,

Mackerel

Yeah right man. I'm only 72!
  • Perkhan
    57 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Yeah they should start dropping at 70+, the skills start unlocking at 72 and it shouldn't be exclusive to 80. Bad design.

Everyone keep saying this but where does it says that they re gonna be only avaliable at 80?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

Everyone keep saying this but where does it says that they re gonna be only avaliable at 80?

You don't start earning the required ability material until level 80.
  • Options
    I love the idea! If it only starts from level 70 up I give it a +1 :smiley:
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It should start at level 76 since that's the first level where you would start using the materials to upgrade abilities to level 8.

They also should add a new Ability Materials challenge at level 80 that would net you these materials or drop the one at level 84, down to 80. Or just add an Omega Challenge separate from the existing challenges.
  • Options

Look to Instinct for great game ideas and the Level 70 minimum idea also sounds good. The only information not discussed by EA was how these Gold mats would be better than the purple. I'd like better information on that...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    Options
    This whole "wait until you're 80 and finish your daily quests" thing to unlock Omega mats is kind of stinky.

It's not a problem that I'm anywhere close to having, but what would happen to someone who had filled all available gear slots by then. Would the fill a gear slot requirement go away, or would they be locked out of getting the new mats until more slots were available?
  • Options
    Judging by the name, Omega, this is intended to be end game content. There may be a way to acquire them in Monday's announcement, let's wait and see.
    If not, I agree, it's silly to unlock an ability at 72 yet make the mats required unattainable until 80.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Max level. When you hit 79 the level cap will go to 90.

/conspiracy theory
  • Options
    @wrilley the day I hit 70 the cap went up to 80 literally the next day. I think they will wait till I hit 80 again and bam!
    /conspiracy theory
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, seems pretty odd how several things are technically unlockable now but are made inaccessible until much later.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    It's easier than that now. When you are maxed you would get one before beating GW. Lots of players can't beat GW now so this sounds punishing.

But sure I will take it if it's offered.
  • Options
    And why are the Omega Mats pentagons? Shouldn't they be hexagons to continue the trend of larger shapes and different colors for each level progression?

I know that's a silly detail but it kind of makes me think that they really did just throw this together.

I like the GW idea - the GW rules do state that these are "exclusive rewards."
  • Oked
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Makes sense i had like 25 tier 3 purple tokens stocked up before i could use em, having them early doesnt take away from their rarity
  • Options
    My guess is because when you max out your level you're forced to spend energy on getting new mats instead of stock piling energy for the next level increase. It kinda keeps you in the game while waiting for the next level increase.