So Gas in a 501st team is becoming a beast!

Bladegunner
420 posts Member
edited July 2021
Triple defence penetration and when he goes for a nap he's back up in 5 turns, half than before with max health AND protection!

Take aside all GL bits and bobs that is a huge huge boost and will be massive for TBs etc.

Replies

• rabb
    1 posts Member
    Options
    they were already a beast
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, not sure if it makes me happy or worried, but he's getting a huge boost in non-GL matches. Especially the part where he gets up twice as fast.
  • Options
    I like Rey's boost better :) "Hey, that GL you've been farming for forever, we just got rid of it's common counter." Enjoy GAS!
  • Options
    Right now it's 10% for each turn, including enemies, so it won't be twice as fast. If the enemy team has TM they could all go and kill 5s and then GAS is only at 60% when the remaining 3 501st get their turns.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nice catch, I missed that. Also if it's worded correctly, he won't be at 100% TM when he advances, as allied turns add more protection % than TM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Right now it's 10% for each turn, including enemies, so it won't be twice as fast. If the enemy team has TM they could all go and kill 5s and then GAS is only at 60% when the remaining 3 501st get their turns.

Right it remains at 10% per enemy turn but boosted to 20% for ally 501st turns. So depends on order of turn taking but worst case scenario it’s 50% faster. Best case (all 501st go after he kneels) it’s twice as fast.
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Also now he will get full protection one he gets up after all 501st is dealt with. Its going to be more of a pain to counter than before, which I see as a problem primarily in Conquest, specially for players without GAS (or GLs).
  • Options
    I like Rey's boost better :) "Hey, that GL you've been farming for forever, we just got rid of it's common counter." Enjoy GAS!

Wich boost ?
    Rey is the less used of all GL and she takes a great nerf on whirlwind. I don’t think she needed that, now she won’t be able to fight against other gl.

• Options
    Seranya6 wrote: »

Wich boost ?
    Rey is the less used of all GL and she takes a great nerf on whirlwind. I don’t think she needed that, now she won’t be able to fight against other gl.

Wut? Gas won't reduce health anymore: good for Rey vs JML, most non-GL counters are gone: good for Rey overall ... How is that not a boost?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Seranya6 wrote: »

Wich boost ?

You mean the reduction of 3x massive dmg with Whirlwind to 2x, right? But the Whirlwind dmg will scale based on her relic level by 7% per level and per massive dmg. If my calculation is correct, that means with relic 8, you will hit with 2x 7% x 8 = 112% more dmg. That's 12% more damage compare to the current whirlwind. With relic 7, the scaled damage would be 2x 7 x 7 = 98 %, which is 2% less than the current one.

So if your Rey is relic 6 or lower, it can be considered as a nerf. With relic 7 you are pretty much on par. With relic 8 your Rey is actually getting a boost.
  • Options
    He'll have a harder time against SE and Malak
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    He'll have a harder time against SE and Malak

Why ?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    He won’t reduce Malaks health pool @Starslayer