Why are geos so op?

Whaleathon
182 posts Member
edited July 2021
I did my alternate GAC today and my full gear 12 first order (Kru, kylo, hux, sith trooper, FOO) with 4 zetas got destroyed by a full gear 8 geo team with no zetas. I know CG doesn’t go by Lore but my God come on that is ridiculous. I know they can be countered by traya and all these other teams but in the early game most don’t have that and they are insanely op. I would not ever go against that team again even with fully reliced first order. Forget about Vader and JKL needing a nerf. Nerf geos!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    They’re really not. It’s just your team doesn’t counter them. All teams have counters and teams they can counter.

Foes have many many counters like Vader with MM, Jawas, Traya, Bounty hunters
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Don't waste Mon Mothma running her with Vader.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    They’re really not. It’s just your team doesn’t counter them. All teams have counters and teams they can counter.

But we can all agree that higher gear teams has a much greater chance of beating teams with much lower gear not to mention zetas. I didn’t kill one geo. In the early game they are practically impossible to kill.
  • Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »

But we can all agree that higher gear teams has a much greater chance of beating teams with much lower gear not to mention zetas. I didn’t kill one geo. In the early game they are practically impossible to kill.

Power level will never mean anything to synergy
    You can get jawas very early and beat them
    Vader can beat them
    You picked a team with limited AoE potential
    Hux would've been a better lead
    The problem is game knowledge, not the game
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I have beaten Geos with EP lead and Zader with his MM maxed.
    The trick is to build up debuffs on GBA, then one-shot him with Culling Blade to dispel Hive Mind.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I did my alternate GAC today and my full gear 12 first order (Kru, kylo, hux, sith trooper, FOO) with 4 zetas got destroyed by a full gear 8 geo team with no zetas.

This is why I leave my Geos on defense.

• Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    The trick is to build up debuffs on GBA, then one-shot him with Culling Blade to dispel Hive Mind.
    You don’t need EP lead. I either solo with Vader, or if their GBA somehow is faster than my Vader, I bring Han along for the opening stun.
    3v3 FTW
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Ugh what a waste of Han
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    You don’t need EP lead. I either solo with Vader, or if their GBA somehow is faster than my Vader, I bring Han along for the opening stun.

I just choose to have EP and the rest of the squad along in case of bad RNG, or if something goes wrong. Plus with EP, I can get out debuffs with Vader before his MM.

• Options
    A gear 6 Jawa team can beat a gear 8 Geo team.
  • Options
    A full Geo team is very dominant in the early game because it's one of the first teams you're likely to encounter that requires a specific counter. Once you have that counter, getting through them is completely trivial. It's key to do well in early arena to develop a solid, long-term counter and a Geo team of your own.

The counter should be something like Vader or Traya that will last you ages and shouldn't be something you need to beat other teams at your level -- and the Geo team will contribute to you getting into very solid guilds early on because Wat Tambor is such a valuable character now, both as a rare GL component and as a solid piece of many late-game teams.

And Geos are a key component of one of the most dominant fleets in the game. You really can't go wrong with them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Didn’t geos kill a hundreds of jedi in one battle?There’s some lore for you
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

True, but lots of the Jedi were kinda too force-sensitive and went down like snowflakes. Kit Fisto and that other jedi went down to Sidious like butter, with the most basic of sword-fighting. Apparently some of these jedi were as bad as their kits in SWGOH. They could've used less meditating and more saber-training.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Traya lead
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

The Geos plus thousands of battle droids killed almost 200 Jedi in the First Battle of Geonosis. But they also retook Geonosis themselves, so it’s fair that they’re strong.

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Droids
  • Options
    I solo Geos all the time with Vader.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Geo's are fine, they require specific counters is all. Teams who can mass spread Daze debuffs, punish assist attacks, or can have a one hit killer. Vader, Bad Batch, Darth Traya, Troopers could pull it off if you can out run the Geo's.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

Not necessarily and that is why you fail.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Not necessarily and that is why you fail.

I wouldn't even agree with "not necessarily"; his comment is so broad that it is meaningless. The only way his comment would have meaning is if characters had no or all of the same kits.

Kits matter. The only way anything in the game is OP is if you are using the wrong counters. There is 1 example we can all agree with : Secrets and Shadows.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ugh what a waste of Han

kinda disturbing how often you switch your profile pic
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ugh what a waste of Han