Please do something about character select hit boxes

It’s about time you fix the hit boxes when trying to click on characters and ships during fights.
All too often the character/ship to the right of the one you try to select is selected instead.
Sometimes it’s almost impossible to select the correct one depending on the size.
Safe to say it’s insanely frustrating especially when you get a loss because of it.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Always put tiny characters in spots 2 & 4
  • Options
    You can always click that area where the buffs are/would be and it works.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    Not always unfortunately :(
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Always put tiny characters in spots 2 & 4
    Not always an option
  • Options

It does. Give me a lineup and an order that it doesn’t work for.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options

Sometimes in fleets if a bigger enemy ship to the right of a smaller enemy ship have a lot of different debuffs and buffs and the automatic camera angle is in an unfortunate position if you try to select the health bar/buff area of the smaller ship to the left it will always focus on the right ship in front instead. If you’re lucky the ship will bob around for a brief moment and you can catch it.
  • Options

Sometimes in fleets if a bigger enemy ship to the right of a smaller enemy ship have a lot of different debuffs and buffs and the automatic camera angle is in an unfortunate position if you try to select the health bar/buff area of the smaller ship to the left it will always focus on the right ship in front instead. If you’re lucky the ship will bob around for a brief moment and you can catch it.

What is the order of the enemy lineup when this happens?
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    This is exacerbated by the fleet placement anomaly.

When using Negotiator, JKA, Ywing, Rex as starting lineup in fleet arena, the ships are placed in one arrangement - but if you pick exactly the same ships in the same order in a GAC battle, they are arranged differently.

(There are bound to be people who disagree with this, but I swear blind it’s true)
  • Options
    Then OP can include the game mode when he provides a lineup that makes it “near impossible” to select a ship.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    Or CG can improve the user interface so it doesn’t come down to hunt the vanishing pixel.
    When I’m usually running into the problem in fleet battles is when the opponent are running different kinds of malevolence comps. It’s also different depending on the device that’s being used, probably because of screen area available and how the different graphical components are layout. Good for you that you never run into it on your device.