Kylo Ren (Unmasked) - I dont understand him

Why is Kylo Ren (Unmasked) so weak? He is supposed to be a tank. I am level 41 with him and at gear level 3. I know it is low but my hearth just does not allow to upgrade him further. His basic attack is like 10 times weaker than any other tanks basic. His nr 3 is a weak as F self heal. He has no resistances and no HP. In short: does not to any damage and dies always first.
What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    He simply needs more gear. Kylo Ren (Unmasked) relies on getting hit repeatedly to order to heal. If he can’t take at least a few hits, he does very quickly. The self heal will get stronger with gear as well.

Edit: Does his unique even unlock at gear 3?
    3v3 FTW
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, you just need more level/gear. Once his unique ability starts to kick in it makes him infinitely better. Cause, whenever he takes damage he recovers 10% health. So, if the attack is dealing less than that amount, he is basically healing for free. Mine is at relic 7 and is by far one of the better tanks I have. Just keep trying to gear him up and you will see a difference.
  • Options
    Tanks generally are incredibly flimsy at low level and gear.
  • Options
    Excellent. Thank you for explainin!
  • Options
    As others have mentioned, he will get much better as you go - and one of his real strengths will become apparent as you go.

His resistance to % health damage.

This means a lot of things that people use to counter tanks, (piling on Damage Over Time, Expose, Deathmark, Rex’s Aerial Advantage, Malak’s health drain, etc.) simply will not work on him, as they do a tiny bit of damage, but also set off the healing effect for each instance.

He is a fantastic tank, definitely keep working him up, plus at your state of in-game advancement his ship can be an absolute monster.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Stacking great health mods will also boost his innate regeneration when taking damage. Tanks really begin to become more durable once Modding becomes involved.. and this is especially true for Kylo. Add to that if played properly he can taunt indefinitely through the match, and even has his own special self heal attack. He will become a monster later.
  • Options
    "Kylo Ren (Unmasked) - I dont understand him."

Neither did Rey. That's why she let him die. She should've read his kit.