Since when does GAS lose linked when kneeling?

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Just unlocked SEE a week or two ago and have been practicing using him against different teams (especially without his ultimate). I remember when SEE was first released, he could easily solo GAS teams because GAS could never stand back up after kneeling due to link, but that doesn’t seem to work anymore. Was there an update that buffed GAS against SEE?

Replies

• Options
    You have to have removed all 100% of his max protection before he tries to stand back up - which isn't actually guaranteed.

Characters also lose linked if ONE of them dies - If you link GAS and Rex, GAS never takes a turn due to being insta-knocked or fractured, and then Rex dies before taking more than 1 turn, GAS would be left with 20% max prot, which lets him stand back up. Or if one of them dies before EITHER takes a turn, he'd still have 100% prot.

Additionally, he DOES stand back up after all the clones (...or 501st, if someone's using Ahsoka for whatever reason.) are dead, regardless.

I'm not seeing anything in either character's kit that should make this interaction work any differently from how it originally worked, and I know it's still possible to cause it to happen in conquest with that one modifier and GL rey being able to live long enough for him to hit 0%.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Was there an update that buffed GAS against SEE?

No.

You can get GAS into cover (kneeling) before he loses all protection through link through counter attacking (worst case scenario)

if that happens, the solo counter fails. The counter always had a chance of failing because of turn order and damage from counters

When GAS into cover, he removes all status effects from himself, including linked. The goal is to make sure he goes into cover by having his protection removed, not by damaging him