First Order TIE Pilot 2* lvl 15 First Order attacker
Lobot 3* lvl 10 Rebel support
Mob Enforcer 2* lvl 9 Scoundrel tank
Geonosian Soldier 2* lvl 2 Geonosian attacker

Replies

• Options
    So what im reading is...
    "What team should I make out of every hero in the game?"

As silly as this responce may sound, i am going to need less information to help you out! Like, who do you like and want to start building around?
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    For me which toons do u like, that work together, that u can farm as fast as possible. ...
  • Options
    Teams for LS/DS PvE are going to be different from your PvP and GW A-team.

There's no one size fits all, I even alter my PvP regularly since I'm always top 20 and know what all my opponents bring to a fight and adjust accordingly.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I would suggest reading these 2 guides on the basics of the game and then building a team off of what you learned. Listing 34 of the characters in the game and telling people to build you a team of 5 is a difficult thing to do. I would suggest narrowing down to about 6 or 7 characters, seeing who you like and who works good together in a team, and who you can viably get to 7 stars.

Hope this helps :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160/whipits-swgoh-guide-for-beginners-on-a-budget

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1195/beginners-guide-its-all-about-the-tables
  • Options
    Thanks everyone I like using old Ben and luminara I just wonder if it's all about the characters stars or what they bring i.e. Tank, Healer, attacker, support?
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I like using old Ben and luminara I just wonder if it's all about the characters stars or what they bring i.e. Tank, Healer, attacker, support?

Adding stars, levels, and gear boosts a character's stats, but what you're going to want to do before investing in all of that is try to figure out what kind of synergies you want to focus on. And that means different things to different players. What do you like to do?

If you like playing the crit game, you'll probably want to look at a leader like Sid or IG88 and pack your squad with people who benefit from critical hits (Greedo, Leia, etc.). Do you like tanking? You could pick a heavy tank and back them up with a couple attackers and a couple supports. There are all-droid teams to consider, if that's your cup of tea, and there are all-jedi squads that are focused on your choice of speed or counterattacks. You could try First Order builds or Nightsister builds or stealth builds, too. The list goes on!

If I were you, I'd visit this site (http://www.swgohcantina.com/) and take a look at the various abilities they have listed out. This way you'll know what your character's abilities would do at max level -- many heroes get a lot stronger than they look once they hit rank 3 or 4 of their abilities. For example, the Royal Guard is garbage until you get his taunt, which is hidden in the ability upgrades. Once you grab that, he'll automatically taunt whenever an ally drops below a certain % of health -- super useful, and you'd never know it if you weren't using him. There's lots of heroes with secret abilities like that to find.

Basically, you're going to want to try to find heroes with abilities that compliment each other. Play around with the synergies and see what's the most fun, and focus on leveling those up. It's a game, after all.

EDIT: If you like Old Ben and Luminara, the good news is you can pair them with almost any team you want. Luminara is an excellent healer for pretty much any composition, and Old Ben's main utility is his massive AOE disable. You might consider tossing a few glass cannons onto the team and seeing how it goes. The Offense Down and the heals should keep them alive a surprising amount of time even without a tank!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.