Galactic Challenge Problem

I'd like to bring up a problem that I've had ever since they increased the number of tiers to 10.

And that is, how hard it is to actually get the red crate compared to before the changes. Beforehand you didn't need to complete every feat to get the red crate if you used some theory crafting to get max rewards.

The last GC was easy to get the red crate with a decent padme team, this one though, my R5-R7 empire team can't get past tier 6.

I need to get all tiers with empire to get the red crate (I've maxed the rest of the feats). It's impossible for me so I won't even bother, but if I only needed to complete tier 9 then it would be a different story.

Replies

• Options
    Just to be clear, I didn't mean this as a "poor me" post. I don't expect to get the red crate every time with my roster. I've just noticed that I haven't been able to get it without getting 100%.
  • Options
    Tiers 9 and 10 are the same as the top two tiers used to be. They just added more mid-tiers. If you're not finishing them now, you wouldn't have finished them before. And you've always needed to get the faction feat on the last tier to get the red box.
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Try Palp/Vader lead, Thrawn, Piett, Gideon - one team, all feats. Easy fight. Don’t use Palp aoe without daze.
  • Options
    Just to be clear, I didn't mean this as a "poor me" post. I don't expect to get the red crate every time with my roster. I've just noticed that I haven't been able to get it without getting 100%.
    Challenges have always been like this - there are different points awarded for the different feats.

In the current Challenge, you don’t need to complete the Damage over time feat on t10 to get the red crate, as it is only worth 3 points. But you need to complete the Empire feat as it is worth 6.

The faction specific feats have always been like this and we have always needed to complete them on the top tier to earn the red crate.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The last GC was easy to get the red crate with a decent padme team, this one though, my R5-R7 empire team can't get past tier 6.

I need to get all tiers with empire to get the red crate (I've maxed the rest of the feats). It's impossible for me so I won't even bother, but if I only needed to complete tier 9 then it would be a different story.
    Seriously? What the heck are you using, Mouse droid and Gonk droid under an AP-5 lead?! :D
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I’m having a hard time remembering the earlier reward structure, but I don’t think anything significantly changed. If I recall correctly (and I may not be, so by all means correct me if I’m wrong!) you needed to full clear the faction feat, one of the other two feats, and then also clear the other feat through the penultimate tier.

It’s still that way. You can miss one non-faction feat in the final tier, so long as you did it in the previous one, and still get a red box.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    euma1ul05e9z.jpeg

This squad worked for me at tier 10, with a little RNG factor, for max rewards.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    This squad stomps T6 repeatedly and even beat T10 with a little knowledge of AI behavior, a lot of persistence and the right RNG.
    y27vg5e2bknw.png
  • Options
    I'm sad reading this. Like... Sad.

G10? Really?

I can't beat anything but the G12 zone & I have 17 Relic Levels between Palp, Vader, Thrawn to go with G12 Tarkin & G11 TIE Pilot.

Troopers are broken.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    It’s beatable with a r5 Vader, g8 palp, thrawn, gideon, piett. You should be able to do it lol
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

G10? Really?

I can't beat anything but the G12 zone & I have 17 Relic Levels between Palp, Vader, Thrawn to go with G12 Tarkin & G11 TIE Pilot.

Troopers are broken.
    r7 Palp, r5 Thrawn, r3 Vader, g11 Tarkin & TFP = T6 EzPz.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

G10? Really?

Troopers are broken.
    r7 Palp, r5 Thrawn, r3 Vader, g11 Tarkin & TFP = T6 EzPz.
    T7 switch to Vader lead to make better use of the event buff.
  • Options
    Use a GL, problem solved 😁✌️
  • Options
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    Use a GL, problem solved 😁✌️

Huh? Empire have a GL?