New Game Mode idea

mastersith116
13 posts Member
edited August 2021
This is just an idea. They should add a live game mode in real time that is like squad area but you team up with a player and battle 2 other players live. You get rewards based on how many wins and losses you have. What do you guys think?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most ideas for any live game mode or challenge game mode have some issues.

1 this game was not built on the backbone of live combat, so that could be very difficult to make work.

The rewards could be gamed with alt accounts.

Not to say they couldnt look into things, but this is unlikely to be a future evolution of the game. Also, from what others say, other games that have implemented this, it's kind of a flop, with little interest.
  • Options
    well it is a suggestion to play live because personally I like the friendly competition of live players instead of facing bots.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    "friendly"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "friendly"

Aren't you the one trying to be Mr."Friendly"?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    well it is a suggestion to play live because personally I like the friendly competition of live players instead of facing bots.

Which is understandable, but is not always the case for a large player base due to the many general failings behind such a game mode. Disconnects and connectivity issues, then players being sore losers and not finishing matches if they start to lose, and other situations.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    "friendly"

What's the point?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    "friendly"

I think that’s already ended. TVF seems to be back to himself.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

Which is understandable, but is not always the case for a large player base due to the many general failings behind such a game mode. Disconnects and connectivity issues, then players being sore losers and not finishing matches if they start to lose, and other situations.

If they have connectivity issues then they would be use to it in squad and ship arena.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

If they have connectivity issues then they would be use to it in squad and ship arena.

You fight the AI in squad/fleet arena, not other players. He’s trying to say that in live arena mode, players might get disconnected, and then the other player would be stuck waiting.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.