Ship dump

I don't know about others, but I think it would be cool if there was a massive ship dump soon. Just toss in like 20 ships at once. Not only would it be fun to get, but it would alleviate the biggest problem with ships. Not being able to use all your capital ships.

Right now there are 9 capital ships and only 44 other ships. 9 capital ships need at least 56 ships to play in modes like GAC and TW.

To fix this let's just get a massive ship dump. Just CG saying here you go, have fun farming and it can let us finally use our whole lineups.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, this has been needed for quite a while now. But CG seems determined to keep it at slow trickle forever...
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    If they did drop dozens of ships, they would need to do what they done with characters and make original ships double drops, and new ones single.

But I don’t think they are likely to drop many quickly. Release one and get the money, another and get the money, and so on.

But with the lack of ships per faction, they should release one a month for like a year. There are fleets you can’t even completely fill with that faction, and we have 3 capital ships for the faction.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    If they did drop dozens of ships, they would need to do what they done with characters and make original ships double drops, and new ones single.

But I don’t think they are likely to drop many quickly. Release one and get the money, another and get the money, and so on.

But with the lack of ships per faction, they should release one a month for like a year. There are fleets you can’t even completely fill with that faction, and we have 3 capital ships for the faction.

I think the issue is also with how the ships are released, the standard cadence is awfully slow for what is needed. There need to be ships (not necessarily good ones though, just something to fill out the fleets) put directly into the "easy" stores or some other way to get them fast. Otherwise, it will just be the same old vicious circle - not enough ships to warrant new content, and no new content to use any new ships in.
    Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen either.
  • Options
    When you see how much they capitalized for one ship, it is obvious that this will never happen.

They prefer make a p2w capital ship than just giving two tanks for fo and resistance. They clearly dont care about those half fleets anymore. Sad
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    When you see how much they capitalized for one ship, it is obvious that this will never happen.

They prefer make a p2w capital ship than just giving two tanks for fo and resistance. They clearly dont care about those half fleets anymore. Sad

To be fair, they did say that there's more to the "shipload of changes" than just Executor. On the other hand, though, they also said that that kyros will ease the gear crunch and that Executor will be pretty much unbeatable...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather not relic 20 more things right now thank you very much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Good thing you don't have to, even if 20 more ships get added. Well, unless they are all Executor-style events, which is highly unlikely.
  • Options

They have other options: marquees, galactic chase...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Good thing you don't have to, even if 20 more ships get added. Well, unless they are all Executor-style events, which is highly unlikely.

Is it though.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

They have other options: marquees, galactic chase...

That has nothing to do with gear, that's how you farm them.
  • Options
    Not sure we need 20, but certainly can use a full FO and Resistance fleet.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Not sure we need 20, but certainly can use a full FO and Resistance fleet.

We have 44 non-capital ships and 9 capitals. So you are right, 19 would be enough to be able to fill all fleets.
  • Options
    Realistically you are not running mace's ship anywhere.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Time to give CUP, Eeth, Gam Guard, and IG-86 ships.
  • Options

:|

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

:|

image0.gif
  • Options

you can do it! I have faith in you to pull through this.
  • Options
    I just want an FO tank
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No, because I run out of ships long before that becomes a real possibility. If there were ships, I would definitely throw him at some stubborn enemy fleets in GAC. I would use up all the other options first, though.
  • Options
    I'd use Mace's ship if he had a fleet. But GK uses them all except for consular. I'd use Finalizer more, even at 5*, but that fleet really feels like it's lacking something. same with Raddus. They're clearly missing ships to make them better. I was hoping the shipload of content was more ships. Not a single capital ship that my malevolence smashes.
  • Options
    No more ships without crews though, power creep is making them useless.
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

Yes but new ships should use bad GL characters we had to relic as pilots. We could use a Rose resistance tank, a FOO/ FOST tank, we could use a padme support ship Aayla and Kit fisto ships to use something for mace.

There is plenty of room to expand. Let's look at real SW lore and we are running out of real GL's. In my opinion let's stop at Lord Vader. 6 GL's is more than enough and let's use the next year or so to add enough ships to allow us the option to theory craft and use all of our capital ships.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Range1974 wrote: »

Yes but new ships should use bad GL characters we had to relic as pilots. We could use a Rose resistance tank, a FOO/ FOST tank, we could use a padme support ship Aayla and Kit fisto ships to use something for mace.

There is plenty of room to expand. Let's look at real SW lore and we are running out of real GL's. In my opinion let's stop at Lord Vader. 6 GL's is more than enough and let's use the next year or so to add enough ships to allow us the option to theory craft and use all of our capital ships.

I agree with the point about running out of characters worthy of GL status, but CG being CG, they are all about the profit, and new marquee ships or galactic chase ships just don't quite make as much money as a new GL. I'd expect that in the future we get a Boba Fett GL (from Book of Boba Fett) and an Imperial Remnant Thrawn GL (from Ahsoka show). Great characters, but questionable as to "GL" status, mostly bc neither are force sensitive
  • Options
    Where will you play 9 capital ships at the same time? There is no need for this

And they mentioned it often: it’s difficult to design the ship abilities.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options

I have soooo many thing to relic I'll never finish. But I guess thats the point.